US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kamala is a horrible candidate. They would have been better off just running with Joe again. If the Democrats actually lose to a 78 year old senile Trump then they only have themselves to blame for it. Can’t blame it on the people who hate her. Maybe a lot of the electorate don’t actually believe what the fake news is telling them?  Just a thought. 

Maybe a lot of the electorate actually believe what X is telling them?  Just a thought. 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kamala is a horrible candidate. They would have been better off just running with Joe again. If the Democrats actually lose to a 78 year old senile Trump then they only have themselves to blame for it. Can’t blame it on the people who hate her. Maybe a lot of the electorate don’t actually believe what the fake news is telling them?  Just a thought. 

So are you agreeing with me that the country is stupid?

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

America is fooked politically as the kids say for the next few years no matter what. It's such a dark hole they have to dig out of now, Trump really was the worst thing that could have happened to them. 

Just have to hope the systems are resilient enough to get through it, which I think they are still. 

I suppose all empires fall.

Just wild to watch one in real time.

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

no they have 50%+ of US voters to blame for it. 

Trump is a shit human, anyone that votes for him simply doesn't care about that part. 

Kamala is a horrible candidate. Similar to Trudeau in Canada. Canada will be voting Poilievre in as well. Are you going to blame Canadian people for that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kamala is a horrible candidate. Similar to Trudeau in Canada. Canada will be voting Poilievre in as well. Are you going to blame Canadian people for that?

I'm absolutely going to be blaming any Canadian who votes for Nazi vermin like Poilivre.  They're directly responsible for the crimes against humanity that piece of trash is planning on committing.

Many MAGAts are eagerly awaiting a corrupt, sleezy, violent, unconstitutional, dictatorship, just to watch the car crash.

But what is more dangerous are the less fervent cult members who could tip it towards the orange fuckwad.  Those who know he's deteriorated, and are uneasy with his unhinged statements, and know he is totally unfit for office.  But they will vote for him because he comes with a big prize (radical Fascist white supremacist overhaul)

children-mom-mum-breakfast_cereal-cereal

• ThereItIs 2

Trump is a terrible person Pete.

Whatever you think of Kamalas capability, she's not the sociopath narcissistic person trump is.

• ThereItIs 1

No, you are inferring that 70+ million people are stupid. Are 10+ million Canadians also stupid?  

You are inferring that PP is the same as Trump?

Why are we communicating in questions?

• Haha 1

Voting has already started and is breaking records.  That usually isn't good for CONs.  

https://georgiarecorder.com/2024/10/15/georgias-early-voting-first-day-turnout-on-already-breaks-record/

Georgia’s early voting first-day turnout already breaks record

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Curious.  Why exactly is Kamala a "horrible person"?   A couple of flip flops on fracking or medicare for all?  Most politicians have a few of those.  Not demanding her boss Joe go back in time and fulfill all her campaign promises?  Why didn't the VP dictate her own policy ideas back then?  is it her laugh?  "horrible" is a horrible word, so there must be something really bad.  Financial experts say her plan is better for the economy than Trumps.

I get that Trudeau has real life political scandals we can look back on, but this is someone who was raised middle class. With a single mother for much of it. Became a prosecutor, DA, and AG, fighting gang crime and more,  and then VP of the US.  Where is the 'horrible' part? 

And horrible compared to what?  She is one of two possible outcomes in this election.  The other is TRUMP.  So, she is horrible compared to the guy who bobbed on stage to music for half and hour?? 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Curious.  Why exactly is Kamala a "horrible person"?   A couple of flip flops on fracking or medicare for all?  Most politicians have a few of those.  Not demanding her boss Joe go back in time and fulfill all her campaign promises?  Why didn't the VP dictate her own policy ideas back then?  is it her laugh?  "horrible" is a horrible word, so there must be something really bad.  Financial experts say her plan is better for the economy than Trumps.

I get that Trudeau has real life political scandals we can look back on, but this is someone who was raised middle class. With a single mother for much of it. Became a prosecutor, DA, and AG, fighting gang crime and more,  and then VP of the US.  Where is the 'horrible' part? 

She’s a horrible candidate who got ZERO votes from actual voters in the 2020 primaries. She didn’t even make it to the actual primary unlike Tulsi and many others. 

You can believe whatever you want but she was polling at like 1% when she was running for office with other Democratic candidates. 

How is Kamala like JT?

Thats nutty.

In many peoples opinion...JT has lost the room, is corrupt, been in office for 3 terms, and didnt have the experience for politics in the first place.

Harris has a bunch of experience, has never held the top job, and might be saving that country from a wanna-be dictator.

Apples and orangutans.

• ThereItIs 1

I’m supposed to be meeting my quota of anti Trump posts for the week and you guys aren’t doing me any favours by trying to convince me that Kamala is a good candidate. So I’ll let you guys talk among yourselves. Have a good day!!  😀

Anyone with a pulse is a good candidate compared to Trump.

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pierre Poilievre is supposedly Trump lite. So Canadians must be just as dumb as Americans then. 

Petey, can't you even admit how bad a person trump is? Even the evangelicals realize he's a means to an end for them.

There's nothing about Harris that comes close to the damage trump is willing to do.

I understand that a lot of people care about their wallets first, but that doesn't make trump a good person. 

PP is just a little scumbag willing to pump anger. Our systems can survive him.