US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

She’s a horrible candidate who got ZERO votes from actual voters in the 2020 primaries. She didn’t even make it to the actual primary unlike Tulsi and many others. 

You can believe whatever you want but she was polling at like 1% when she was running for office with other Democratic candidates. 

That was then. This is now.

24 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Voting has already started and is breaking records.  That usually isn't good for CONs.  

https://georgiarecorder.com/2024/10/15/georgias-early-voting-first-day-turnout-on-already-breaks-record/

Georgia’s early voting first-day turnout already breaks record

Yep. Not good for the Repugs....

....or the Kremlin....

22 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

And horrible compared to what?  She is one of two possible outcomes in this election.  The other is TRUMP.  So, she is horrible compared to the guy who bobbed on stage to music for half and hour?? 

She's not horrible. That's just something the Trump fans tell themselves so they can feel better about supporting a POS like DJT....

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

She’s a horrible candidate who got ZERO votes from actual voters in the 2020 primaries. She didn’t even make it to the actual primary unlike Tulsi and many others. 

You can believe whatever you want but she was polling at like 1% when she was running for office with other Democratic candidates. 

What?

You're only answer is that at one time, before she was better known as a politician, she didn't have good poll numbers for becoming POTUS?   Come on Petey, just like on the ice, you can do better than that. 

Really, today, what makes her a "horrible candidate"?  Demographically, she can garner women's votes after the SCOTUS squashed women's reproductive rights, she can garner black voters (more than Trump) and young voters because she's, uh, not a decrepit old man. She can garner way more disgruntled Republicans than Trump can of disgruntled Democrats.  And don't forget the illegal migrant vote is YUUUUUUGE!.  So I'm curious, what are her weaknesses and how do those weaknesses make her a horrible candidate?  Simple question.

She is 100x a better candidate than Hillary was to be the first female POTUS.  From my viewpoint, if Harris cannot win against Trumpism, no one can. She ticks a lot of boxes. If she loses, there was always no hope for the US. Who else in the Democratic party do you think would have been a stronger candidate?

• Thanks 2

https://www.aol.com/kamala-harris-wants-expand-student-153505874.html

Kamala Harris wants to expand student-loan forgiveness for 10,000 doctors and nurses who agree to work in rural areas

I see in Harris a candidate I wish we had for BC or for Canada.  Her 50,000 tax break for startup small business, her $6000 tax credit to help with new children, her $25,000 help with purchasing a first home.

Now she has some kind of plan to help move doctors into more remote locations. Which is a huge problem here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

https://www.aol.com/kamala-harris-wants-expand-student-153505874.html

Kamala Harris wants to expand student-loan forgiveness for 10,000 doctors and nurses who agree to work in rural areas

I see in Harris a candidate I wish we had for BC or for Canada.  Her 50,000 tax break for startup small business, her $6000 tax credit to help with new children, her $25,000 help with purchasing a first home.

Now she has some kind of plan to help move doctors into more remote locations. Which is a huge problem here.

It's because we have adrian dix and the NDP who are too busy padding themselves on the back for who knows what exactly.

Edited by bolt
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

It's because we have adrian dix and the NDP who are too busy padding themselves on the back for who knows what exactly.

Oops, spoke too soon.  I didn't realize that the NDP actually do have a similar plan. So its not all "padding" themselves.

https://vancouversun.com/news/bc-election-eby-promises-75-million-rural-health-loan-forgiveness

Eby said the NDP program will offer student loan forgiveness of between $10,000 and $20,000 in return for doctors, nurses and other health care professionals guaranteeing to stay in a rural community for a minimum of five years.

I think Eby could increase that amount.  But yeah, at least they are trying to solve the problem.

Just now, kilgore said:

Oops, spoke too soon.  I didn't realize that the NDP actually do have a similar plan. So its not all "padding" themselves.

https://vancouversun.com/news/bc-election-eby-promises-75-million-rural-health-loan-forgiveness

Eby said the NDP program will offer student loan forgiveness of between $10,000 and $20,000 in return for doctors, nurses and other health care professionals guaranteeing to stay in a rural community for a minimum of five years.

I think Eby could increase that amount.  But yeah, at least they are trying to solve the problem.

That's barely anything to live in a remote shit hole.

• Sad 1
  • Wiener 2

7 minutes ago, bolt said:

This is justified to protect "democracy" 

GZ8fRJ5b0AAT26y.jpeg

Hey Bolt - Here's the actual headline for that article:

Kamala Harris Might Have to Stop the Steal

Constitutional scholars are already worrying about another January 6 crisis, and they warn that the next election might be harder to save.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Voting has already started and is breaking records.  That usually isn't good for CONs.  

https://georgiarecorder.com/2024/10/15/georgias-early-voting-first-day-turnout-on-already-breaks-record/

Georgia’s early voting first-day turnout already breaks record

This election may be the one time high turnout is not necessarily good for the Dem. You want a depression in voter turnout from the right if you are the dems. 

But this is early voting so that being high is probably good for the Dems as Dems tend to vote early. 

Edited by 24K