US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

23 minutes ago, MillersWrister said:

you need to learn the difference between real and nominal growth

that you believe people's purchasing power has increased when grocery costs are up 40% in 4 years, interest rates are up 400% in the same period, energy costs are up 100-200% ....lol

It's a graph of percentage over time and is clearly marked so.  What's your beef? 

You need to learn that when you use numbers and percentages the numbers and percentages have to be correct or you don't pass the final exam.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, MillersWrister said:

cool

i can feed you so much truth and facts you'll all lose your minds...not interested

if you feel safer being brainwashed go ahead

some of us use our brains, it separates us from primates

Um... You are aware that humans are primates, are you not? Or are you saying you're not human?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BREAKING: Donald Trump is now 10 percentage points ahead of Kamala Harris in the 2024 election, according to @Kalshi's prediction markets.

Since October 10th, election odds have gone from 50-50 to sharply favoring Donald Trump.

As a result, Trump Media stock, $DJT, is now up 101% this month.

Markets are pricing-in a Trump victory.

The market has completely shifted over the last week. The betting site for the Presidency, Kalshi, now has Trump with a 12 point lead. Someone just bet $132k on a Trump victory. This is big. It’s Bigly. It might be the biggest bet in Presidential history really. 

Just saying

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/national/

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 8.07.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 8.07.57 PM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

☎️  Hello, Police?  I'd like to report a murder!!!

I've never heard of Colin Allred  before I saw this post.

Did a Google search on him and came across this:

8 key moments from the Ted Cruz vs. Colin Allred debate

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/politics/elections/texas-debate-tonight-ted-cruz-colin-allred-recap-highlights-key-moments/287-914a73cb-ed45-4743-a7c6-29448d39ab40

I watched a few of the excerpts.  That was a pretty lively debate.  Allred is a good speaker and, to give him credit, Cruz is pretty good debater himself.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, MillersWrister said:

you need to learn the difference between real and nominal growth

that you believe people's purchasing power has increased when grocery costs are up 40% in 4 years, interest rates are up 400% in the same period, energy costs are up 100-200% ....lol

You also need to learn the difference between real and nominal growth.

Real GDP is simply just nominal GDP adjusted for inflation. That's it. That's the difference. Nothing you mentioned afterwards really means much of anything in regards to the difference between the two, at least not with the lack of context you've provided.

Not saying the other numbers you provided are not issues, but they tend to be separate issues. It's "whataboutism".

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

His final dream was to be able to vote in this election.  He did that today in Georgia, which saw the record for votes cast on day 1 of early voting smashed.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jimmy-carter-has-fulfilled-his-final-dream

Jimmy Carter Has Fulfilled His Final Dream

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

He got him quite a few times but in all fairness Cruz has been beaten mercilessly in many debates and still manages to get voted in. 

RDT_20241015_2045087101754600059760452.jpg

RDT_20241015_204545444112415112118444.jpg

Texans like their politicians a bit stupid it seems.  Allred has been closing in on the polls, but he's running out of time.  It's kind of like what happened with Beto O'Rourke when he ran against Cruz. 

12 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

☎️  Hello, Police?  I'd like to report a murder!!!

Huh? Seems like a weak attack that Cruz finds amusing.  Bad news though if people like you are perceiving things like this. Looks like the party of change, that's been in power for the last 4 years, and 12 of the last 16, isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Cranston

6 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Huh? Seems like a weak attack that Cruz finds amusing.  Bad news though if people like you are perceiving things like this. Looks like the party of change, that's been in power for the last 4 years and 12 of the last 16, isn't going anywhere.

No, it doesn't

It makes Cruz look like the feeb he is.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Sure, to you it does because you want Cruz to lose. To me the attack sounds juvenile.

Maybe the attacks sound juvenile to you because you want Cruz to win?

The reason for my comment on that clip is..

I am a bit defensive about disrespecting law enforcement. I have lots of support for those that put their lives on the line, even for wimps like Cruz. 

So, seeing him smirk just reminds me of how shallow the guy is.