US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Sure, to you it does because you want Cruz to lose. To me the attack sounds juvenile.

Because you want Cruz to win.   Funny how that works.

What did you think of Trump's Bloomberg interview?  How do you rate his dance moves at his recent town hall meeting? 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Maybe the attacks sound juvenile to you because you want Cruz to win?

Right. That is exactly the point. The poster agrees with you, he's supposedly independent I think, so he will be voting for the party of change that has dominated the last 16 years.

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The reason for my comment on that clip is..

I am a bit defensive about disrespecting law enforcement. I have lots of support for those that put their lives on the line, even for wimps like Cruz. 

So, seeing him smirk just reminds me of how shallow the guy is. 

Interesting that a person who is pro law enforcement would use that as a reason to vote left. That's the only reason a liberal friend of mine finally switched to the right, he is pro law enforcement.

Edited by Cranston

4 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Right. That is exactly the point. The poster agrees with you, he's supposedly independent I think, so he will be voting for the party of change that has dominated the last 16 years.

What poster?

I'm talking about  the clip I just watched and my opinion on it/Cruz

4 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Interesting that a person who is pro law enforcement would use that as a reason to vote left. That's the only reason a liberal friend of mine finally switched to the right. 

I agree that you cant be for the Jan 6 mob and the officers.

And for a guy that would not have the stones to do that job to smirk at it, is more than lame. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Because you want Cruz to win.   Funny how that works.

That was my point. Dems will win cuz saber agrees with you.

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

What did you think of Trump's Bloomberg interview?  How do you rate his dance moves at his recent town hall meeting? 

I was worried when I saw the posts here about it, but seeing some of the live clips it didn't seem too bad. I see his DJT is up 11 percent atm.

The negative coverage of the dance thing confirms my bias. A total media fabrication so easily swallowed by so many. They finds a clip of DJT making a weird face during the 20 minutes pause,  and place it beside  Kamala looking like JFK.  Hilarious actually. Do you know why music was playing?

• Desmenko 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What poster?

I'm talking about  the clip I just watched and my opinion on it/Cruz

My initial post in summary is---I'm mad cuz I'm gonna lose. That is all.

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I agree that you cant be for the Jan 6 mob and the officers.

And for a guy that would not have the stones to do that job to smirk at it, is more than lame. 

If you think he was smirking at those officers you are wrong. He was smirking at what he considers to be the lies of his opponent. 

Maybe what you mean is you are not allowed to have a smirk on your face when someone is talking about Jan 6.

• Desmenko 1

2 hours ago, Cranston said:

I was worried when I saw the posts here about it, but seeing some of the live clips it didn't seem too bad. I see his DJT is up 11 percent atm.

The negative coverage of the dance thing confirms my bias. A total media fabrication so easily swallowed by so many. They finds a clip of DJT making a weird face during the 20 minutes pause,  and place it beside  Kamala looking like JFK.  Hilarious actually. Do you know why music was playing?

If that's your point I'm afraid I have no clue what you are talking about.

Trump stock did go up a bit today but not much.  It's still down quite a bit don't you think?

Negative coverage of the dance thing?  All news sites had to do (and did do) was show the clip and title it something 'Trump dances for 40 minutes'.

The music played after a medical emergency of some sort.  Everybody dances after a medical emergency.

And lest anyone think saying Cruz hid in a closet was a lie, here's Cruz's own words:

Cruz revealed his whereabouts on the day of the deadly Capitol attack – which unsuccessfully aimed to disrupt the certification of Joe Biden’s victory over Trump in the 2020 presidential election – in a new book.

“In the fog of the confusion, it was difficult to tell exactly what was happening,” Cruz wrote. “We were informed that a riot had broken out and that rioters were attempting to breach the building.

“While we waited for the Capitol to be secured, I assembled our coalition in a back room (really, a supply closet with stacked chairs)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/24/ted-cruz-supply-closet-january-6-riot-book

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 3

28 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Interesting that a person who is pro law enforcement would use that as a reason to vote left. That's the only reason a liberal friend of mine finally switched to the right, he is pro law enforcement.

Strange that your friend would vote for a career criminal with a history of molesting children over a DA if he's pro law enforcement.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

9 minutes ago, Cranston said:

My initial post in summary is---I'm mad cuz I'm gonna lose. That is all.

If you think he was smirking at those officers you are wrong. He was smirking at what he considers to be the lies of his opponent. 

Maybe what you mean is you are not allowed to have a smirk on your face when someone is talking about Jan 6.

No,

It makes Cruz look like the feeb he is.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MillersWrister said:

you need to learn the difference between real and nominal growth

that you believe people's purchasing power has increased when grocery costs are up 40% in 4 years, interest rates are up 400% in the same period, energy costs are up 100-200% ....lol

How are the banana prices? I hear that's important to primates....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

If that's your point I'm afraid I have no clue what you are talking about.

You don't understand that independents like @Sabrefan1 will determine who wins the election? No, you do understand that. It's all explained in the initial post, just reread it carefully. No biggie, I do that too all the time.

Trump stock did go up a bit today but not much.  It's still down quite a bit don't you think?

It's 30.005 atm, high close of the last 5 days is 33.39.

Negative coverage of the dance thing?  All news sites had to do (and did do) was show the clip and title it something 'Trump dances to 40 minutes'.

The music played after a medical emergency of some sort.  Everybody dances after a medical emergency.

I'm not watching 40 mins to get context. People who were their said it was handled appropriately. Actually, maybe I will watch it just to be amazed (once again) at the wacked out spin it surely received.

And lest anyone think saying Cruz hid in a closet was a lie, here's Cruz's own words:

Cruz revealed his whereabouts on the day of the deadly Capitol attack – which unsuccessfully aimed to disrupt the certification of Joe Biden’s victory over Trump in the 2020 presidential election – in a new book.

“In the fog of the confusion, it was difficult to tell exactly what was happening,” Cruz wrote. “We were informed that a riot had broken out and that rioters were attempting to breach the building.

“While we waited for the Capitol to be secured, I assembled our coalition in a back room (really, a supply closet with stacked chairs)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/24/ted-cruz-supply-closet-january-6-riot-book

Why would  a leftist publication's interpretation, with no backup, no picture, hold any water.? The fact they would try to label a back room a closet, as if it mattered, shows their laughable bias. 

• Desmenko 1

11 minutes ago, Cranston said:

You don't understand that independents like @Sabrefan1 will determine who wins the election? No, you do understand that. It's all explained in the initial post, just reread it carefully. No biggie, I do that too all the time.

It's 30.005 atm, high close of the last 5 days is 33.39.

I'm not watching 40 mins to get context. People who were their said it was handled appropriately. Actually, maybe I will watch it just to be amazed (once again) at the wacked out spin it surely received.

Why would  a leftist publication's interpretation, with no backup, no picture, hold any water.? The fact they would try to label a back room a closet, as if it mattered, shows their laughable bias. 

I read.  I re-read.  Your point (a.k.a. personal opinion) is noted though not fully agreed with.  For all we know Republican women will decide this election behind their partners backs.

Still quite down though isn't it?

I didn't watch for 40 minutes either. I watched maybe a minute or two. I don't know who could or would watch the whole thing.  I'm just convinced it happened and that it was truly weird  Spin it how you wish.  I'd like to see you describe it as Presidential and the actions of a very stable genius.

Leftist publication?  Maybe.  But whose words where they quoting?  Just who was the author of the book they took the excerpts from?  Who said this? '(really, a supply closet with stacked chairs)

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Cranston said:

Huh? Seems like a weak attack that Cruz finds amusing.  Bad news though if people like you are perceiving things like this. Looks like the party of change, that's been in power for the last 4 years, and 12 of the last 16, isn't going anywhere.

I watched a fair portion of the debate.  Cruz lost.  As for my murder comment, that was solely about hitting him with the broom closet comment.  Cancun Cruz is a well known coward.

Also, just like his Senate colleagues, I have never liked Ted Cruz, so my opinion is very biased against him.

Because of my bias against Cruz, you definitely do not want to use me as a litmus test when it comes to judging who independents will vote for.

Same thing with my national stances.  I'm not a typical voter.  It's important to me that I'm not a hypocrite so I'll vote for a 3rd party candidate in every race there is one available.

I want 3rd and 4th party choices.  Until then, I hope that neither current party ever gets total control again.  They're both too radical overall at this point for my tastes.  One side has it's acolytes thinking that it farts rainbows and craps puppies, while the other side has it's acolytes reveling and calling for their leaders to take the asshole side of every political decision whether it hurts them personally or not.

In short, I'm not a typical citizen or voter.  My opinions are my own and do not reflect the vast majority of other people.

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I've yet to meet another person who votes like I do.  The last thing that you want to do is use me as a litmus test.

The presidency will be won in the battleground states and right now, Donald Trump is edging out Kamala according to politicos. 

That's why Democrats are starting to sound desperate and are reportedly even taking shots at a demographic in their own voter base trying to shame anyone who has defected.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Cranston said:

Here’s a nice picture of Trump with his law abiding buddies. 

IMG_2411.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

But Ted's wife is a real ugmo.  So says Dotard.  Teddy seems to agree as he still kisses Dotards anus.  What a gutless coward.

We don't use words like that in this day and age. The correct term when referring to Flyin' Ted and his wife is Pulchritudily Challenged.....

That being said, in less polite society, the best descriptor would be, "If my dog looked like that, I'd shave it's ass and teach it to walk backwards"....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Haha 3