US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

30 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Same thing as what they did recently with 100 year old Jimmy Carter where they wheeled him out to vote even though he can not verbally communicate or physically move. The mail in voting idea is garbage, the advance polls are great and voting should be made accessible as possible even if it means it costs more money to hold the elections, but you should have to vote in person and be able to written or verbally communicate who you want to vote for to an official election volunteer. Harvesting votes is just sad. Too many elections around the world have so much corruption, to leave room for any type of foul play.     

:picard:

Yes....how could we possibly know who Jimmy Carter would vote for. :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Dolt 45 loves debt. He’s very good at debt, better than most perhaps. His favourite word is tarrifs, He understands tarrifs perhaps better than anyone else. Better than Bloomberg.

We were doing very well until Covid. Nobody knew what the hell Covid was but the dotard did. He calls it the China virus. The weave in motion.

But KaMala UseS TeLePromTeRs. Right sir? 

I seem to recall him calling it the "Kung Flu".....but that can't be right....it's racist and everyone knows there are photos of Trump with Muhammad Ali, so he can't possibly be a racist....

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, bolt said:

Trump tweeted to call for peace during the J6 riot vs Kamala/Democrats call for escalation during the GF riots.  The evidence speaks for itself.

Did you know the Geoge Floyd riots involved more death and destruction than the J6 riots.  Is that ok with you?  Are you ok with "mostly peaceful protests" that involve death and violent destruction as long as its your side doing it?  

I’m surprised that you would quote a worthless piece of trash like Gym Jordan.  Why not google Ohio State University abuse scandal? 

This sweaty cretin should have been asking the “tough questions” when it actually mattered.

IMG_2532.jpeg

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Same thing as what they did recently with 100 year old Jimmy Carter where they wheeled him out to vote even though he can not verbally communicate or physically move. The mail in voting idea is garbage, the advance polls are great and voting should be made accessible as possible even if it means it costs more money to hold the elections, but you should have to vote in person and be able to written or verbally communicate who you want to vote for to an official election volunteer. Harvesting votes is just sad. Too many elections around the world have so much corruption, to leave room for any type of foul play.     

This assumes you can actually be there physically to vote.

What if you're in the hospital? Do they wheelchair every single hospital patient to the voting booth?
What if you're overseas and unable to get to a voting booth?
Or what if you just simply don't have a means of transportation to get to the voting booth?

All of the above are feasible scenarios to happen and there are going to be more just like it that I haven't mentioned. It's not their own fault they can't physically be there; nor, is there going to be some miracle fix for every scenario to make it so they can be there physically.

I'm willing to bet that, if you falled into one of the above categories and wanted to vote, you would be thankful for its existence rather than complaining about "corruption" or whatever excuse is being made against it.

The only reason why this has been brought up as an "issue" is because of Covid. Who was more likely to stay at home during Covid? Democrats. Who was more likely to vote by mail in 2020 as a result? Democrats. The issue was brought up only as a right wing propaganda stunt and nothing more and clearly you fell for it like the sheep you are.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, The Lock said:

What if you're in the hospital? Do they wheelchair every single hospital patient to the voting booth?
Or what if you just simply don't have a means of transportation to get to the voting booth?

All of the above are feasible scenarios to happen and there are going to be more just like it that I haven't mentioned. It's not their own fault they can't physically be there; nor, is there going to be some miracle fix for every scenario to make it so they can be there physically.

I'm willing to bet that, if you falled into one of the above categories and wanted to vote, you would be thankful for its existence rather than complaining about "corruption" or whatever excuse is being made against it.

The only reason why this has been brought up as an "issue" is because of Covid. Who was more likely to stay at home during Covid? Democrats. Who was more likely to vote by mail in 2020 as a result? Democrats. The issue was brought up only as a right wing propaganda stunt and nothing more and clearly you fell for it like the sheep you are.

Another reason:

Waiting in line to vote.  

Imagine being able to vote and not have to wait in line for significant amounts of time like a lot of urban voters have to do.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Forget the "millions of illegal immigrants".....it's the "Blue Granny" vote that must be stopped! :frantic:

Irony is that Herr Vonn Sh*tsHisPants's Grandpa was technically an illegal immigrant himself (as a result of, the Dotard family gene of draft dodging).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2018/01/15/the-president-in-1885-didnt-stop-immigrant-friedrich-trump-from-coming-to-america/

Meanwhile back in the real world:

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bolt said:

Vs kamala/Democrats who encouraged riots across America and are actively using the DOJ to go after political opponents. 

If Trump was a dictator why did he give control to Joe Biden?

Do you talk all your talking points from CNN?

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

If there is a crime.....it should be investigated right? 

You're only answer is a laughing emoji? 

I gave you the list of Trump's crimes, including the corroborating evidence and witnesses. 

I also listed a Democratic Senator's crimes and the DOJ investigations on that.  And Hunter Biden's.

You won't answer but I'll try again:

If there is a crime happening or has happened....it should be investigated right? No matter what the elite status or political persuasion of the perp right?  Do you honestly think the DOJ should ignore evidence just because its King Donald?  That once they cross that line, in their capacity, it automatically is defined as 'going after political opponents'?  

Hey bolt, do you know why the orange dotard's AG never did "lock Hillary up" or prosecute Obama for crimes during Trump's four year reign?  BECAUSE THEY NEVER DID ANY CRIME HE COULD PROSECUTE.  Do you know why the Comer Pile investigations towards impeachment of Biden fizzled out with a whimper?  BECAUSE THERE WAS NO CRIME FOUND. 

So...your view in a nutshell, is that the idea of a justice system based on facts, evidence, witnesses, and juries is a WITCHHUNT if Dear Leader has all that going against him, but Republicans can spend millions on investigations on Democrats based on an unsubstantiated pre-conclusion that they WILL eventually find evidence. 

I know, its laughable. :classic_laugh:

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

If you are overseas for an extended period of time and cant make it to a voting booth then maybe you dont get a vote in that election. I would like advance voting periods extended to include as many people as possible, advance polling stations can be put close to hospitals ect. Mail is just not a very secure avenue. If people don't believe the system is just then democracy fails, its just a balancing act of increasing accessibility to vote and leaving no room for shenanigans. 

22 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

And yet very little voter fraud has ever been discovered, and the majority of those were due to honest mistakes. The thing is, the US is well aware of who it's citizens are. Discovering voter fraud is relatively easy by cross referencing voters with their social security number. If someones ssn was used twice it would be easy to find. If a deceased person's ssn was used it's only a matter of time before it's discovered. If a non citizen used their ssn to vote it would be easily discovered and a republican wet dream. But it's just not happening in any significant numbers, and in recent elections it was a majority of republicans that were found to be trying to defraud the system. By and large us elections are very secure and fraud is easily identified, so what is the reason for all this bullshit? If every us citizen of age is eligible to vote, why do they make it so difficult in some places?

Clearly some people think every citizens vote shouldn't count, and they come up with every bullshit excuse to stop them. Ballots thrown out because of subjectively verified"signature irregularities" is also bullshit. If would be easy enough to verify if a person submitted a vote and thus the vote should be counted. Purging voter rolls, removing voting stations and drop boxes, gerrymandered districts. All if this is nothing but thinly veiled voter suppression under the guise of election security and you know it. You just happen to like the folks who are engaging in it so there's nothing to see here. 

There is likely more voter fraud than is reported to the public, they can check for fraud and is a bit easier with the advanced polls, but when the actually election day takes place they try and tally and announce the results of the massive wave of votes as quick as possible things can fall through the cracks. Its not as bad as the Republicans make it out to be with mass fraud, but I would like to see things tightened up in the future to reduce any doubt. 

14 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If you are overseas for an extended period of time and cant make it to a voting booth then maybe you dont get a vote in that election. I would like advance voting periods extended to include as many people as possible, advance polling stations can be put close to hospitals ect. Mail is just not a very secure avenue. If people don't believe the system is just then democracy fails, its just a balancing act of increasing accessibility to vote and leaving no room for shenanigans. 

Except mail-in voting was believed to be just. The only thing that made people believe otherwise was from Trump's antics in 2020 in order to give himself a leg-up and remove voters who would likely vote democrat.

You seem to just automatically want to think the main-in ballot system is unjust without asking what brought about this question in the first place. So you seem to rather remove people's ability to vote entirely than have a system in place with no proof of it being faulty. You're not exactly showing yourself to be democratic here.

The shenanigans come from the people who believe mail-in ballots are unjust.

And keep in mind, I'm not much of a leftist. If I actually saw proof that mail-in ballots were unjust, I'd be there with you in believing it, but I haven't seen that proof. I don't just blindly listen to someone and believe everything they say. I need proof. That seems to be the difference between you and me.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Except mail-in voting was believed to be just. The only thing that made people believe otherwise was from Trump's antics in 2020 in order to give himself a leg-up and remove voters who would likely vote democrat.

You seem to just automatically want to think the main-in ballot system is unjust without asking what brought about this question in the first place. So you seem to rather remove people's ability to vote entirely than have a system in place with no proof of it being faulty. You're not exactly showing yourself to be democratic here.

The shenanigans come from the people who believe mail-in ballots are unjust.

I think was already a concern for some people due to advancements in technology and increased access to personal information. The difference was in 1996 7.8% of people voted by mail compared to 43.0% in 2020, now all of a sudden it is a bit of a big deal.   

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

I think was already a concern for some people due to advancements in technology and increased access to personal information. The difference was in 1996 7.8% of people voted by mail compared to 43.0% in 2020, now all of a sudden it is a bit of a big deal.   

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/republican-election-denier-tina-peters-sentenced-to-9-years-in-prison-for-voting-data-scheme

As I said before, it would be like having OJ Simpson (if he was still alive) be in charge of studying battered spouses issues.

24 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

You don't think the military defending the country deserves a vote?  

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 2

11 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

There is likely more voter fraud than is reported to the public, they can check for fraud and is a bit easier with the advanced polls, but when the actually election day takes place they try and tally and announce the results of the massive wave of votes as quick as possible things can fall through the cracks. Its not as bad as the Republicans make it out to be with mass fraud, but I would like to see things tightened up in the future to reduce any doubt. 

All election results are public information. There's no hidden fraud numbers. Where are you getting this from? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I think you are trying to find a solution to a problem that does not really exist.  Mail in voting is just fine. It's one of the many things that were closely investigated last time round and nothing was found to be wrong.  

As for getting people to believe things - that's the problem!   People have been convinced of all kinds of things in regards to elections.   Despite all talk about the last one, no one has found any issues apart from the ones that happen every election.  They were very few and had no impact on the win.

Republican and Democrat election investigators both say 2020 was the most scrutinized election in history.  They also say it was the most secure.

• Cheers 1