US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Communists are probably loving it. China, Russia, and North Korea will continue to try and test democracy any chance they get. The US election system showed some cracks immediately after the 2020 election. If improvements can be made to strengthen/safeguarding the election process without shifting favour in either parties favor I would be all for it, including for Canada.

We are already there. 

https://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=vot&dir=int/saf&document=index&lang=e

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Its not the society I want, but ever since WW2 propaganda has been a major part of shaping society. Was used before that, but I think thats when it really took off and people started to understand the influence it could have. With social media its very easy to distribute targeted information. The truth has usually been in the middle but right and left are so far gone its just a chasm in the middle.      

So you're just going to accept propaganda as shaping whether a system works or not because people "believe it"?

That it not democracy my friend. That is the type of governments you see China and Russia have. You are literally advocating for anti-democracies without even knowing it.

I implore you to reconsider your thoughts on this because if people start to accept this... then democracy's over. Period.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I don't think Reddit videos will imbed but here's a link to an exchange between Kamala and Baer on fox news today. She handed herself really well. Of course fox didn't show any clips of trump saying what he said, only a clip of him denying it. Apparently fox edited a lot of this interaction out of the show and I'm told that's really bad. She should have stood up and danced for 30 minutes like a real president. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/s/td2HdO8LYS

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I don't think Reddit videos will imbed but here's a link to an exchange between Kamala and Baer on fox news today. She handed herself really well. Of course fox didn't show any clips of trump saying what he said, only a clip of him denying it. Apparently fox edited a lot of this interaction out of the show and I'm told that's really bad. She should have stood up and danced for 30 minutes like a real president. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/s/td2HdO8LYS

I just watched the full (I think) interview 26:44 and thought she did really well. 

It’s too bad Reddit doesn’t let content posted there embed anymore but this is where I found it.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6363352689112

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

TRUMP claimed there was voter fraud in 2016 and appointed his own stooge to investigate.   It was a dumpster fire and no voter fraud capable of changing the outcome. 

2020, TRUMP did the same.  60+ court cases.  Recounts and audits.  None found voter fraud capable of changing the results. 

But TRUMP and his boot lickers claim 2020 was stolen and will claim the same if he loses.  Hell, TRUMP claimed voter fraud in elections he ultimately won. 

Facts don't care about your feelings and the facts are that there is no large scale voter fraud capable of changing the results.  None.  

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

TRUMP claimed there was voter fraud in 2016 and appointed his own stooge to investigate.   It was a dumpster fire and no voter fraud capable of changing the outcome. 

2020, TRUMP did the same.  60+ court cases.  Recounts and audits.  None found voter fraud capable of changing the results. 

But TRUMP and his boot lickers claim 2020 was stolen and will claim the same if he loses.  Hell, TRUMP claimed voter fraud in elections he ultimately won. 

Facts don't care about your feelings and the facts are that there is no large scale voter fraud capable of changing the results.  None.  

Facts are Kamala is terrible and polls indicate the only chance she wins is by cheating. The only reason she gets a vote is because she's not Trump.

• Haha 2
  • Desmenko 1

22 minutes ago, bolt said:

Facts are Kamala is terrible and polls indicate the only chance she wins is by cheating. The only reason she gets a vote is because she's not Trump.

Provide evidence of said cheating.  Like how?

You do realize that the QOP run Georgia elections and a number of other states elections right?  Some states have nonpartisan elections organizations like we have here in Canada.   

Show us a location.   Any location that a person can just shoe up with no I D and their vote counts.  Any.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

You do realize that the QOP run Georgia elections and a number of other states elections right?  Some states have nonpartisan elections organizations like we have here in Canada.   

Show us a location.   Any location that a person can just shoe up with no I D and their vote counts.  Any.

The word is show not shoe. 

27 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Correct. Elections are not auditable, therefore the biggest cheater will win.

16 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Oh jeez, you don't even need photo id to vote in the US, well except for a handful of states that vote Republican.

The elections are auditable and are thoroughly audited so that was false.
Your comment on photo id requirements is at least partially true.

As of April 2024, 35 states require some form of ID at the polls, according to Ballotpedia. Of those, 24 states mandate photo identification, while 11 allow non-photo IDs. The remaining 15 states do not require ID to vote in person on Election Day.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

As of April 2024, 35 states require some form of ID at the polls, according to Ballotpedia. Of those, 24 states mandate photo identification, while 11 allow non-photo IDs. The remaining 15 states do not require ID to vote in person on Election Day.

That's brutal 

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

There is this though.  

https://ballotpedia.org/Voter_identification_laws_by_state

Several states that do not require identification generally require first-time voters to present identification at the polls. Other states that don't generally require identification may require it if the voter did not provide proper identification to register. Federal law requires newly registered voters to provide either a driver's license number or the last four digits of their Social Security Numbers at the time of registration. Many states that require identification allow voters to cast provisional ballots if they do not have the required identification.

• Cheers 1