US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Then what ARE you doing in all these posts?  I'm not triggered but I'll admit to being a bit baffled.

(And it's not like  statements by the residents and politicians of Springfield are very hard to find.)

I'm baffled as to why you're baffled. I repeat for the last time, my issue is Wapo branding the story as false when they have no idea if it is true of false. It is unproven, there is a difference. WaPo and their ilk constantly do this for all things Republican and it proves their political bias. I've shown how cat eating is common in Haiti so it could most definitely be true.

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

Why is this such an important hill to die on for you?

I'm not dying on any hill. I'm not even breaking a sweat because truth is on my side.  Many Haitians eat cat and may even sacrifice animals in voodou rituals. Half the population are Voodou followers. I have the links that show this. I didn't say anyone in Springfield ate or killed a cat. 

Lets say you are right.  A few of those Haitian immigrants, because it wouldn't be widespread or the evidence would be clear by now. And who, lets say, couldn't find work, or the social services, or a church ministry, to find food. Either through ignorance or fear, or just being not too bright, or even mentally ill.  And they actually did kill a goose in a park,

or heaven forbid, was able to catch a wayward dog or cat.  Then find a place to start a fire, make a spit of some kind, skin and clean it, then roast it, and eat it.  All without someone seeing or recording it.

But lets say someone did catch them with a camera. Why would a story like that, about one or two of them, if found to be true, be a reason to deport millions of other immigrants, I presume legal ones too as Trump included the legal Springfield Haitians?

Absolutely not. If they didn't cross the border illegally, even the perpetrators should not be deported.

Here is an actual case of someone eating a pet. There are other cases as well from the US, done by US citizens if you google:

https://www.binghamtonhomepage.com/delaware-county/margaretville-man-pleads-guilty-to-killing-and-eating-a-dog/

Margaretville man pleads guilty to killing, eating a dog

So do you now think that every white person from Margaretville should be deported?

Definitely. Every one that crossed the border illegally. They don't have to eat a cat.

I don't follow your seemingly deep concern.  Is it that you are a rabid animal rights advocate?

I laugh to myself when i read these hysterical headlines from MSM labelling all things Republican as false because it hasn't been proven in a court of law. Trumps false this, Vance's false that. It's pathetic really. 

35 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

You have no idea how the system works.....you have no idea how integrity can be maintained....

The pattern I see here is that you have no idea....

Of course I don't know how the system works and neither do you. I know if you don't need id to vote there is going to be fraud.

3 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Of course I don't know how the system works and neither do you. I know if you don't need id to vote there is going to be fraud.

Study after study says you're wrong......and so do I.

I'm sure you'd love it if there was fraud, because then you could make the case that your boy Trump isn't a perennial loser.....but you can't.

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Hopefully you at least have to say a name and that's on a list. Hopefully that name is on a list at one place. With mail in ballots and no ID i have no idea how integrity can be maintained.

Seems silly to allow people to vote without showing id to prove who they say they are. This shouldn’t be a Pug v Rat thing. This is a common sense thing. 

3 minutes ago, Cranston said:

You admit to having no idea how the system works yet that doesn't stop you from commenting on what you perceive to be the system's failures...

What happens if someone votes by mail and then tries to vote in person? (2020)

https://ballotpedia.org/What_happens_if_someone_votes_by_mail_and_then_tries_to_vote_in_person%3F_(2020)

How do election officials prevent someone from voting twice?

https://www.eac.gov/how-do-election-officials-prevent-someone-from-voting-twice

Double Trouble: How States Keep People From Voting Twice

In general, it is hard to vote twice in the same state for the same election because states keep a record of who has voted. The first ballot that is recorded from a given voter gets counted, precluding the person from voting again.

https://www.ncsl.org/state-legislatures-news/details/double-trouble-how-states-keep-people-from-voting-twice

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Study after study says you're wrong......and so do I.

I'm sure you'd love it if there was fraud, because then you could make the case that your boy Trump isn't a perennial loser.....but you can't.

I'd love to see one of these studies, or better yet a concise explanation on how fraud is impossible with no ID and mail in ballots. I honestly would love to see this.

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You admit to having no idea how the system works yet that doesn't stop you from commenting on what you perceive to be the system's failures...

What happens if someone votes by mail and then tries to vote in person? (2020)

https://ballotpedia.org/What_happens_if_someone_votes_by_mail_and_then_tries_to_vote_in_person%3F_(2020)

How do election officials prevent someone from voting twice?

https://www.eac.gov/how-do-election-officials-prevent-someone-from-voting-twice

Double Trouble: How States Keep People From Voting Twice

In general, it is hard to vote twice in the same state for the same election because states keep a record of who has voted. The first ballot that is recorded from a given voter gets counted, precluding the person from voting again.

https://www.ncsl.org/state-legislatures-news/details/double-trouble-how-states-keep-people-from-voting-twice

Yeah I said hopefully they have a set up so you can't vote twice. Not hard to believe.

2 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I'd love to see one of these studies, or better yet a concise explanation on how fraud is impossible with no ID and mail in ballots. I honestly would love to see this.

You have to register to vote for a mail in ballot to count, let alone get one in the mail.  Show me a jurisdiction that you can register to vote with no ID.

I'll wait.

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I'm baffled as to why you're baffled. I repeat for the last time, my issue is Wapo branding the story as false when they have no idea if it is true of false. It is unproven, there is a difference. WaPo and their ilk constantly do this for all things Republican and it proves their political bias. I've shown how cat eating is common in Haiti so it could most definitely be true.

No one has ever disproven that the Loch Ness Monster, Sasquatch, or the Abominable Snowman exists. Still, in the lack of any solid evidence, and the existence of disproven evidence, we can rule those stories false.

Wapo, as a reputable, fact checking, news organization has made the right call here.  All reports of Springfield pet eating episodes were investigated and found to be....FALSE. 

Your hold to your belief that it could be true  - apparently because of things Trump has said - is baffling.

• Cheers 3

I'm going to add.  In every jurisdiction, there is a list of approved forms of identification that is required to register to vote and/or vote.  Some jurisdictions will allow you to register when doing an official act like renewing I D or paying taxes.  These acts are tied to a singular person (you).  Some jurisdictions will require those IDs when voting, or when newly registered,  but the key here is the person is already registered. 

So again, there is no jurisdictions where you can get registered to vote and then vote without ever showing an approved form of identification for that jurisdiction.  

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

This is a study that shows they aren't catching and successfully prosecuting anyone who is committing fraud. I already know this. I'm asking for a study that shows fraud is not possible. If it's possible to commit fraud and get away with it, it is happening.

1 hour ago, Cranston said:

What did I not verify? Are you referring to a homework list that was given to me? Ask me a question and I will do my best to answer, give me a list of things to keep me busy for a month and I might not.

You've made numerous statements and have refused to provide evidence for them.

Someone has answered you in the same fashion and you are demanding proof.

Do you not see the irony?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Cranston said:

This is a study that shows they aren't catching and successfully prosecuting anyone who is committing fraud. I already know this. I'm asking for a study that shows fraud is not possible. If it's possible to commit fraud and get away with it, it is happening.

I'm gonna take a guess and say you think it could be true.

The last election was the most investigated, reviewed, and recounted election in US history.  Nothing was found that would have effected the outcome.

I've heard that the Republicans have mounds of evidence pointing to widespread fraud.  I've been waiting for years but I have not seen it yet.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Cranston said:

We already know it’s possible to get away with fraud but it doesn’t seem to bother you that it comes from  the guy you support.

• Cheers 2