US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Oh FFS! Are we still arguing about whether Haitian immigrants were eating people's pets? :classic_wacko: Those were LIES! JD Vance even admitted it....

Of all the stupid fucking arguments to try and promote. :picard:

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I just posted a video of the Heck saying he's aware of all the complaints of domestic animals disappearing way back in March. He was interested in proof

back then. He doesn't consider the concerns of his citizens as credible, but Vance does apparently.

It's ok for you to call the claim false, it's your opinion, you are not the WaPo who should have journalistic standards. The claim IS unproven. 

Vance does not consider them credible either.  He's a grifter but he's not stupid.

Said Vance (live on tv in front of millions):

“If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m gonna do,”

Is this conversation going to go on much longer?

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Vance does not consider them credible either.  He's a grifter but he's not stupid.

“If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m gonna do,”

Nah, he's not a grifter.  Just a guy that was to have sex with your couch.  He even more creepy vibes than Donnie.

1 hour ago, bolt said:

other than not being Donald Trump what does Kamala have going for her?  She is a terrible nominee and everyone knows it.

He is Worse.

He is a criminal .

In the last 24-48 hours ,

His Insurrection defence has now flipped right back on to him ,  as it should ..

Witholding evidence against him would or could be election interference.

in other words the omission of truth is a crime in itself.

Judge Chutkan wrote:

“If the court withheld information that the public otherwise had a right to access solely because of the potential political consequences of releasing it, that withholding could itself constitute – or appear to be – election interference,” Chutkan wrote in a decision late Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/18/politics/donald-trump-special-counsel-evidence-documents-release/index.html

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Any chance this was taken out of context? lol

Is this his supposed Vance admission to a lie? If so my fellow posters need some serious comprehension rehab. Just the comment is important of course, not CNN helpful interpretation.😄

CNN — 

Republican vice presidential candidate JD Vance acknowledged Tuesday that it’s possible the false claim that Haitian immigrants are abducting the pets of Springfield, Ohio, residents might not be true, but he encouraged his followers to continue posting “cat memes.”

“In the last several weeks, my office has received many inquiries from actual residents of Springfield who’ve said their neighbors’ pets or local wildlife were abducted by Haitian migrants. It’s possible, of course, that all of these rumors will turn out to be false,” Vance posted on X

“Do you know what’s confirmed? That a child was murdered by a Haitian migrant who had no right to be here,” Vance continued, also pointing to the impact migration has had on health and education services.

Looks like Leon is trying to buy his DUFF some extra votes in PA....

https://www.newsweek.com/elon-musk-offers-pennsylvania-voters-100-sign-donald-trump-petition-presidential-election-1971021

Elon Musk is offering $100 to registered voters in Pennsylvania to sign a pro-Donald Trump petition.

"If you're a registered Pennsylvania voter, you & whoever referred you will now get $100 for signing our petition in support of free speech & right to bear arms. Earn money for supporting something you already believe in," the SpaceX CEO wrote to his more than 200 million followers on X, formerly Twitter.

Musk linked to America PAC, a political action organization he founded in support of Trump's presidential campaign.

The petition reads, "The First and Second Amendments guarantee freedom of speech and the right to bear arms. By signing below, I am pledging my support for the First and Second Amendments."

It offers a further $47 for each subsequent registered voter someone refers to the petition. While this requires a signed IRS form for payments of $600 or more, there appears to be no limit on the number of registered voters that can be referred.

The stated goal of the petition is to register 1 million voters across swing states, only allowing registered voters in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin and North Carolina to sign and claim $100 before the offer expires on October 21 (the deadline for voter registration).

Similarly, the America PAC homepage is recruiting people who "are interested in working on increasing voter registration and voter turnout" for $30 an hour and "bonuses for performance."

Ideal scenario: A shit ton of people sign this petition, collect their money and then vote for Kamala....

As Ricky would say, "Get two birds stoned at once"....

2 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Is this his supposed Vance admission to a lie? If so my fellow posters need some serious comprehension rehab. Just the comment is important of course, not CNN helpful interpretation.😄

CNN — 

Republican vice presidential candidate JD Vance acknowledged Tuesday that it’s possible the false claim that Haitian immigrants are abducting the pets of Springfield, Ohio, residents might not be true, but he encouraged his followers to continue posting “cat memes.”

“In the last several weeks, my office has received many inquiries from actual residents of Springfield who’ve said their neighbors’ pets or local wildlife were abducted by Haitian migrants. It’s possible, of course, that all of these rumors will turn out to be false,” Vance posted on X

“Do you know what’s confirmed? That a child was murdered by a Haitian migrant who had no right to be here,” Vance continued, also pointing to the impact migration has had on health and education services.

I thought we were talking about people eating cats.  One thing at a time please.  No need to bounce around.  

Vance's complete statement is all over the internet should you care to look.   His words were NOT taken out of context.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He is Worse.

He is a criminal .

In the last 24-48 hours ,

His Insurrection defence has now flipped right back on to him ,  as it should ..

Witholding evidence against him would or could be election interference.

in other words the omission of truth is a crime in itself.

Judge Chutkan wrote:

“If the court withheld information that the public otherwise had a right to access solely because of the potential political consequences of releasing it, that withholding could itself constitute – or appear to be – election interference,” Chutkan wrote in a decision late Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/18/politics/donald-trump-special-counsel-evidence-documents-release/index.html

I was thinking this yesterday. Isn't what Trump asking for exactly what he accuses social media companies of doing with the Hunter Biden laptop story?

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Cranston said:

CNN — 

Interesting that you deflect to that particular story, because it too is a lie.

The child was killed in a school bus crash, in which the driver of the other vehicle was a Hatian migrant. This is not considered murder in the state where it occurred, or virtually anywhere else. Vance is aware of this, but said it anyway.

Do you know who called him out for this lie? The parents of that child:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/springfield-parents-trump-vance-stop-child-political-tool/story?id=113588136

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, Cranston said:

CNN — 

UH huh

"unproven claim"

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/watch/jd-vance-now-admits-to-lying-about-haitian-immigrants-eating-pets-on-purpose-219492933816

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2024-09-16/no-immigrants-arent-eating-your-pets-but-vance-says-the-lie-was-worth-it

It was a classic Kinsley gaffe, whereby politicians accidentally tell the truth. Republican vice presidential nominee JD Vance admitted to CNN’s Dana Bash on Sunday that he and former President Donald Trump have been pushing false tales about Haitian immigrants eating pets in Springfield, Ohio, to gin up media coverage on immigration.

Vance defended himself saying these things about a city in the state that he represents in the U.S. Senate by insisting he had a really good excuse for pushing the canard. “The American media totally ignored this stuff until Donald Trump and I started talking about cat memes,” Vance said.

“If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m going to do,” he added, failing to mention that the false narrative was intended to advance his electoral goals.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Exceptions can easily made for military and special circumstances. 

Except, right now, they are not. Military personnel still need to mail int their ballots, and it would take an act of Congress to change that. 

And 'special circumstances'; does that include if I'm going to be out of the country on vacation on voting day? Or should I never take a vacation around that time ever again?

Into the first few pages. First interviewee is obviously AZ Speaker of the House Rusty Bowers explaining how Trump and his campaign leaned on him to call the house back into session to decertify Arizona's EC votes.

and Rusty explaining how difficult that is to do out of session and demanding to know exactly why they want him to bring the AZ house back into session.

"To decertify AZ's EC vote"

Rusty asked "well do you have evidence" and Trumps team said "No, but we have theories"

So Rusty asks what they expect him to do with no evidence.

"Throw out the election"

Rusty asks his colleagues: "Did he really just say that?" "Yes, he did."

Appendix vol. 1 pages GA 20-47

Direct link to court papers as PDF downloads:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67656604/united-states-v-trump/?filed_after=&filed_before=&entry_gte=&entry_lte=&order_by=desc

More records released by the judge. I liked this bolded part from a reddit post. Reminds me of a certain poster here 🤣

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who had the bigger audience and impact because of it I wonder

FB_IMG_1729277376972.jpg

I bet kamala is wishing she had less viewers for her train wreck of an interview.  People always love watching train wrecks so this isn't the win you think it is. 🙄

Edited by bolt

Just now, bolt said:

I bet kamala is wishing she had less viewers for her train wreck on an interview.  People always love watching train wrecks so this isn't the win you think it is. 🙄

You speaking for everyone now Bolt?

3 hours ago, Cranston said:

You are hilarious. In the first video, the City Manager reports rumours but can provide no definitive evidence. He's HEARD about things, but when pressed for proof, is unable to provide any. The second guy says there used to be a lot of stray cats that aren't there anymore, and the newcomers are violent, so he put two and two together and concluded the rumours are true. Your whole argument can be summed up in two words; "People say". Your evidence is not only not credible, it isn't even persuasive. Try harder.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

8 minutes ago, bolt said:

12 of 16 year control but it's all Trump's fault.

GaH81G_X0AAMqsO.jpeg

This meme is almost vague enough to appear coherent.  Words like “it” and “everything” allows for someone with confirmation bias to fill in the blanks.