US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Obama Mocks Trump’s Competence: ‘You Would Be Worried If Your Grandpa Was Acting Like This

Why wasn't barrack not worried for this first 3 and a half years?

19 minutes ago, bolt said:

When you witness a car wreck, do you pretend it never happened?  

20 minutes ago, bolt said:

When you witness a car wreck, do you pretend it never happened?  

I don't  normally have a third party biased outsider telling me that a wreck has happened when I can see it wasn't as bad as it's being made out to be. But my comment was about Trump stating how huge his crowds are, after you stating that train wrecks draw big crowds. Since you didn't refute that, I can only infer that you agree: Trump crows about how much of a train wreck he is. Like I said in my post, that's weird flex...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bolt said:

You don't seem to realize that ALLOWING people to vote for a candidate is DEMOCRATIC.   Bob can you tell me what % of the vote Kamala received in the 2020 Democratic primary?  

How long are you going to cling to this nonsense? People voted.

Harris wins Democratic presidential nomination in virtual roll call. Here’s how the process worked

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic delegates have selected Vice President Kamala Harris to be the party’s presidential nominee, according to final vote results released late Monday by the Democratic National Committee. But don’t expect a balloon drop just yet.

Harris officially claimed the nomination following a five-day online voting process, receiving 4,563 delegate votes out of 4,615 cast, or about 99% of participating delegates. A total of 52 delegates in 18 states cast their votes for “present,” the only other option on the ballot.

Harris had already secured the majority of votes needed to claim the nomination by Friday afternoon, DNC Chair Jaime Harrison announced in a live video presentation that day to mark the milestone, but the result was not official until after the voting period closed at 6 p.m. ET on Monday.

Delegates to the Democratic National Convention began casting votes on Thursday to select their nominee for president, but unlike in past years, they did so not in the raucous party atmosphere of the convention floor or even during the convention itself. Instead, they participated in what the party called a “virtual roll call,” filling out electronic ballots from their homes, offices or vacation spots more than two weeks before the first delegate steps foot inside Chicago’s United Center.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bolt said:

Well he is competing against someone UNDEMOCRATICALLY chosen and someone who makes very poor choices lets him have fun.   The fact it's a dead heat and a good chance Trump beats Kamala speaks volumes.  Kamala also looks like she's campaigning to run a Chuck-E-Cheese.

Kamala is a fake and a phoney.  She comes up with this and then doesn't show up.  Probably a good choice since every time she does an interview or an event she drops in the polls.

Undemocratically chosen which is SOOOooooo different than how Trump became the chosen one this time.

Right bolt?

Which is SOOOooooo different than attempting to literally subvert democracy via coup and lies about voter issues and strong arming electoral college votes on Jan 6th

Right bolt?

Edited by Warhippy

3 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

I don't  normally have a third party biased outsider telling me that a wreck has happened when I can see it wasn't as bad as it's being made out to be. But my comment was about Trump stating how huge his crowds are, after you stating that train wrecks draw big crowds. Since you didn't refute that, I can only infer that you agree: Trump crows about how much of a train wreck he is. Like I said in my post, that's weird flex...

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Harris wins Democratic presidential nomination in virtual roll call. Here’s how the process worked

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic delegates have selected Vice President Kamala Harris to be the party’s presidential nominee, according to final vote results released late Monday by the Democratic National Committee. But don’t expect a balloon drop just yet.

Harris officially claimed the nomination following a five-day online voting process, receiving 4,563 delegate votes out of 4,615 cast, or about 99% of participating delegates. A total of 52 delegates in 18 states cast their votes for “present,” the only other option on the ballot.

Harris had already secured the majority of votes needed to claim the nomination by Friday afternoon, DNC Chair Jaime Harrison announced in a live video presentation that day to mark the milestone, but the result was not official until after the voting period closed at 6 p.m. ET on Monday.

Delegates to the Democratic National Convention began casting votes on Thursday to select their nominee for president, but unlike in past years, they did so not in the raucous party atmosphere of the convention floor or even during the convention itself. Instead, they participated in what the party called a “virtual roll call,” filling out electronic ballots from their homes, offices or vacation spots more than two weeks before the first delegate steps foot inside Chicago’s United Center.

One of the most undemocratic primary's in American history.  You can't refute that. A panic button was pressed leading to no proper primary that lead to an obvious bad choice of a nominee that may not even beat Trump.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I democratically chosen which is SOOOooooo different than how Trump became the chosen one this time.

Right bolt?

The Republicans actually let their members vote so yes Trump was more democratically elected compared to Harris as a nominee.

Even if you support the Democrats how can you say this was a very democratic process?  Why do you support bad things of your chosen party.  This is why political parties get away with doing shady things because they know their supporters won't flinch.

Edited by bolt

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

One of the most undemocratic primary's in American history.  You can't refute that. A panic button was pressed leading to no proper primary that lead to an obvious bad choice of a nominee that may not even beat Trump.

Harris will slap Fat Ass silly. Then he and his MAGA morans can disappear into moranville. 

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Undemocratically chosen which is SOOOooooo different than how Trump became the chosen one this time.

Right bolt?

Which is SOOOooooo different than attempting to literally subvert democracy via coup and lies about voter issues and strong arming electoral college votes on Jan 6th

Right bolt?

Bolt doesn't listen. He's too busy buying Pumpkinhead merchanidise.

As the saying goes. "If you can't tell he's a con man. CONGRATULATIONS! You're the mark." 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Bolt doesn't listen. He's too busy buying Pumpkinhead merchanidise.

As the saying goes. "If you can't tell he's a con man. CONGRATULATIONS! 

https://theconversation.com/democratic-partys-choice-of-harris-was-undemocratic-and-the-latest-evidence-of-party-leaders-distrusting-party-voters-236002

She was chosen undemocratically and you all know it...

Edited by bolt

1 hour ago, bolt said:

You don't seem to realize that ALLOWING people to vote for a candidate is DEMOCRATIC.   Bob can you tell me what % of the vote Kamala received in the 2020 Democratic primary?  

Can you tell me what % percentage of Democrats who are complaining about it as much as you are?   As I've said, no rules or laws were broken; just Republican hearts.

1 hour ago, bolt said:

Why wasn't barrack not worried for this first 3 and a half years?

Barrack knows old people can start out well but don't always finish that way.  If Trump is easily so confused now, how do you think he'll be in 4 years?

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

The Catholic church giving a pass to sex offenders is hardly new...

yip ,  unaccountable for sex offences , and paying taxes .

Religious groups seem to create their own laws , and create their own truths as well.

We all should continue calling out that kind of tribalism.

I get that people have every right to a “belief”,.   But let’s not separate beliefs from reality.

Perhaps that’s the problem, 

Perhaps that is why Man created Gods .

… and religions should be proven evil for the sake of attracting and creating power over humans.

Easier to prove man created Gods, than Gods creating a man ( human).

trust ,  I’d be happy to shake the hand of a God and be proven wrong.

Perhaps in another Universe or Dimension that has nothing to do with this one.

56 minutes ago, bolt said:

Where is all the Republican Party rage and Republican Party lawyers in all this?  Shouldn't they be raising hell?  Trump loves a lawsuit after all.

Could it be that they know they have no case?  That they know no rules were broken?

1 hour ago, bolt said:

And?

Hate to break it to you but the public isn't entitled by law to vote for presidential candidates. 

Primaries only became a thing like 3 decades ago. 

Not to mention people were voting for Biden's camapign in the primaries and Harris is part of said campaign so it is the most democratic outcome that Harris is the nominee rather than delegates shoving Newsome to the front stage. 

2 hours ago, bolt said:

There was no proper primary.  It was very undemocratic.  A panic move because they realized the electorate knew Biden was senile.  The evidence was mounting for years.

shouldnt worry you anyway , 

should only bother you if you were a card carrying Democrat,. 

but like Trump , you’ll have greivances.

Cant say I’ve heard of too many Dems complaining..    non more than the size of a Trump Rally..  which isn’t much is it ?

Hows your Russia phobia these days,

Smith is going to bury Trump the Felon.

1 hour ago, bolt said:

The Republicans actually let their members vote so yes Trump was more democratically elected compared to Harris as a nominee.

Even if you support the Democrats how can you say this was a very democratic process?  Why do you support bad things of your chosen party.  This is why political parties get away with doing shady things because they know their supporters won't flinch.

See the below story and try again.  Then do it with a straight face while defending "democracy" in Trump who tried to pull off the only coup int he USA since benedict Arnold or the Southern generals in the civil war.

1 hour ago, 4petesake said: