US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Well McDonalds, say hello to my boycott. Probably good for my health too. 

My God lord, that took a lot of instruction....moving fries from the fryer to the warmer?  Bet Kamala could do it without a lesson.

I don't think I'd hire him.

Too salty

4 hours ago, Cranston said:

Trump isn't talking about deporting the Haitians because they eat cats, it is because the crossed the border illegally. That is proven by the fact that he wants all illegal border crossers deported. This would include all the illegal border crossers that Kamala/Biden have legalized with any sort of presidential decree.

The only way you could think Vance admitted to making up stories is by watching some type of carefully manipulated version broadcast by MSNBC or the like. Just watch the live version uncut. I posted it earlier.

Wrong again....

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/03/trump-haitian-migrants-deport-00182328

Former President Donald Trump is promising to remove Temporary Protected Status and deport the Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio — an escalation in rhetoric against a community his campaign has targeted with misinformation for weeks.

“Absolutely I’d revoke it and I’d bring them back to their country,” Trump told NewsNation.

Those are people who entered the country legally....

• Cheers 2

A notice from Derek Giacomantonio to the Feasterville community about closing the McDonald's store until 4pm due to a visit by former president and GOP candidate, Donald J. Trump on Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024. Trump worked the fryer and drive-thru window during a brief stop in Bucks County in swing state Pennsylvania.

A notice from Derek Giacomantonio to the Feasterville community about closing the McDonald's store until 4pm due to a visit by former president and GOP candidate, Donald J. Trump on Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024. Trump worked the fryer and drive-thru window during a brief stop in Bucks County in swing state Pennsylvania.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cranston said:

One person didn't make the claim, there were numerous claims as proven by my council meeting post, and there's more than that btw. If you want to find wrong doing on the right side you can point to debate Trump saying they ARE eating....when he should have said there are dozens(hundreds?) of reports saying they are are eating...

Yes the headline is worse, the Trump comment was a technical faux pas whereas the WaPo headline is a consistent, calculated political tactic of the leftist media. Now you're probably going to suggest that I'm admitting Trump lied but that is not the case because I'm sure he believes Haitians are eating cats despite there being no video evidence, or as the city council would say "verifiable evidence".

Trump isn't talking about deporting the Haitians because they eat cats, it is because the crossed the border illegally. That is proven by the fact that he wants all illegal border crossers deported. This would include all the illegal border crossers that Kamala/Biden have legalized with any sort of presidential decree.

The only way you could think Vance admitted to making up stories is by watching some type of carefully manipulated version broadcast by MSNBC or the like. Just watch the live version uncut. I posted it earlier.

Sorry other CFF friends. I know this cats and dog eating bs has gone on long enough.  But responding to Cranston is like shooting fish in a  barrel. I swear this will be the last on the cats n dogs diet.

Trump SHOULD have said a lot of things.  Like Joe Biden won the 2020 election. Like admitting COVID was a real threat and actually doing his job, listen to doctors, and protect his citizens properly. Like not lying about the fact that jobs are up, crime is down. That  border crossings by illegal migrants have dropped way down.  That he killed a border bill for his own political advantage. Should have spoken out that FEMA was helping and in a bipartisan way, encourage working together to help Americans in desperate need during the hurricane, instead of spreading dangerous misinformation.  Many many things he should have or should not have said.

Its okay to lie, because he believed it was true?  Absolute bullshit. He has no excuse, he is surrounded by advisors that Im sure are on top of everything, even if he's not.  Unless Trump is so stupid, so incurious, so lazy that he can't even bring himself to do a tiny bit of research, or have advisors do it, and easily know that there were no credible reports of pet eating. In fact, Trump was told BEFORE the debate that the Facebook cat eating story was retracted, and he still spread the unproven allegations as facts.

He is spreading the lie as another fear tactic on stupid people. And pet lovers. He's not a pet lover. Trump's the only President in 100 years that has not had a family dog. Trump has no capacity to love any other sentient being other than himself. But he knows that its a hot button for those that actually do love animals.  Obviously he is is trying to connect the horror of that "unproven" scenerio into peoples brains as a "created" example of the natural immoral character of a brown/black migrant. The "other".  Because real, white, born-here Americans would never do that. That is the 'why' they spread the fear and lies, if you were asking.

I posted the exact sentence of Vance. When he was confronted by the host that he said he creates stories, he replied.

If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m going to do.”

That is the context.

You never answer any of my questions.  Like what is the "suffering" that he feels is so important that he thinks he has to create "unproven" allegations spread on social media, and present them as already proven facts?  That is not just the concept of a lie.  That is being purposely dishonest to fool people into voting for you.

You and other lost souls think that if you can fool your own brain into believing in lies of a charlatan, a felon and rapist, ignore his foul mouth, his vulgar name calling, his juvenille behaviour, his incoherent bizarre speeches, his siding with Putin over allies, his threats of Fascist like promises, his easy manipulation by flattery, his constant whining........if you can fool your brain, like Trump apparently does about pet eating, to think that all of that is 'fake news' or even if its all true, its worth it because he will make his country great again.  (by tarrifing everything US distributors bring in, raising prices for the consumer)  And filling up the cattle trains with dirty brown migrants, many who will be ripped away from their American families.

Gawd this is stupid. Why did i get roped into such a long debate about an obvious lie to help a cult of idiots take over the US.  I think the real reason why true believers like you and a few others here keep grasping at empty straws is that deep down you know you can never defend the far right morally. You try to keep up that pretense, because you cannot admit that you are sp far down the rabbit hole that actually, democracy sucks (because your team may not win), and you now would welcome a new fourth Reich dictatorship of the far right.  For the US and for Canada too.  .Get things back in order. Like they used to be gawddammit!. Some nostalgic utopia fantasy that never existed, and never will.  And if you got your wish you'd soon realize that you had no idea of the horrors and darkness that would envelop North America for a long time.  Hopefully there are enough sane folks, who value our freedom, to stop that in its tracks. And not be susceptible to "created stories" to form our opinions.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bolt said:

Kamala Harris would have needed a teleprompter telling her what to say.

Pretty sure Kamala Harris worked a drive thru window as a real job, not just make believe or pretend 

I bet he even made little whistle and beep noises while he was in there.  Like he made zoom zoom honk honk noises in this

image.png.807543bbd8dd7f9ca4ea6a3a78e6615f.png

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t Kamala Harris actually work in a McDonalds while going to school? American voters are being duped by this fat assed, orange charlatan. 

McDonald's said they had no record of Kamala having ever worked at McDonald's.

Apologies for my mistaken memory.  McDonald's refused to confirm or deny her story.

I'm on my phone and can't cross out the text so I put it in a quote.

Edited by Sabrefan1

21 minutes ago, bolt said:

Kamala Harris would have needed a teleprompter telling her what to say.

Did you see the other clip where he struggled to move the the french fries 3 feet?  And how he had to be reminded of where to put them though he had been told where just moments before?

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Nope.  I was wrong. 

Apparently McDonald's refused to confirm or deny it.

My apologies.  

Likely because there is no way that McDonald's has some college kid's employment record from 40ish years ago. Why would they bother? 

And that's if the franchise she worked at is even still open.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

Likely because there is no way that McDonald's has some college kid's employment record from 40ish years ago. Why would they bother? 

And that's if the franchise she worked at is even still open.

I'll have to take your word for it.  I have no idea how McDonald's keeps their records.

I know, after 7 years lapses, I'm going to pay someone to incinerate all of my family's old employee records.  

No need to keep them any longer than legally necessary.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interesting. You got a link for that? Kamala is saying she did while a student. 

10 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Nope.  I was wrong. 

Apparently McDonald's refused to confirm or deny it.

My apologies.  

I wonder if the last line of the NYT quotes below explains McDonald's stance?

Ms. Harris’s stint at McDonald’s may be one of the few blue-collar jobs she has held, according to a copy of her résumé from 1987 when she applied for a summer position at the Alameda County district attorney’s office. Her other work experience listed on that document includes an internship with former Senator Alan Cranston of California, a student assistant position in the public affairs office at the Federal Trade Commission and a summer clerkship at a San Francisco law firm.

The résumé does not mention her time at McDonald’s — a fact that The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative news outlet, used to suggest that she had never worked there, and which seems to have propelled Mr. Trump’s claim that she made up the job. The summer of 1983 is not listed on the résumé at all. It is also unclear, of course, why Ms. Harris would have included a fast-food job on an application for a legal position.

The first time Ms. Harris appears to have prominently brought up her summer job was during her first presidential campaign in 2019, as she joined striking McDonald’s workers on a Las Vegas picket line calling for a $15 minimum wage.

“If we want to talk about those golden arches being a symbol of the best of America, well, the arches are falling short,” Ms. Harris said back then.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/20/us/politics/kamala-harris-mcdonalds-work-trump.html

Edited by Satchmo
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

McDonald's said they had no record of Kamala having ever worked at McDonald's.

Politifact says otherwise.

McDonald’s “said they have no record whatsoever of Kamala Harris ever working at any of their locations.”

Answer:   No, McDonald’s didn’t say there’s ‘no record’ Kamala Harris worked at the fast food chain.

This is an individual franchise from 40 years ago.  She only worked some weeks in the Summer.  Isn't it more likely that its just gone because it wasn't that important? This was before the internet.  Personal computers were just being introduced. So it was probably mostly done on paper stored in filing cabinets.  More importantly, why lie about that?  Its not out of the question, as it would be for a privileged young Donny, for someone in the position of Kamala to have a Summer job like that. Just seems more plausible she did work there, than she didn't.  I also believe her more than the one who has a long record of serial lying.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

I wonder if the last line of the NYT quotes below explain McDonald's stance?

Ms. Harris’s stint at McDonald’s may be one of the few blue-collar jobs she has held, according to a copy of her résumé from 1987 when she applied for a summer position at the Alameda County district attorney’s office. Her other work experience listed on that document includes an internship with former Senator Alan Cranston of California, a student assistant position in the public affairs office at the Federal Trade Commission and a summer clerkship at a San Francisco law firm.

The résumé does not mention her time at McDonald’s — a fact that The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative news outlet, used to suggest that she had never worked there, and which seems to have propelled Mr. Trump’s claim that she made up the job. The summer of 1983 is not listed on the résumé at all. It is also unclear, of course, why Ms. Harris would have included a fast-food job on an application for a legal position.

The first time Ms. Harris appears to have prominently brought up her summer job was during her first presidential campaign in 2019, as she joined striking McDonald’s workers on a Las Vegas picket line calling for a $15 minimum wage.

“If we want to talk about those golden arches being a symbol of the best of America, well, the arches are falling short,” Ms. Harris said back then.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/20/us/politics/kamala-harris-mcdonalds-work-trump.html

I think it's either what stray said or McDonald's was smart enough not to unnecessarily step on that ticking sh*t bomb... lol

They would have peeved off one side or the other if they know the truth or or untruth.