US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, JIAHN said:

Here is the thing you are missing about what Warhippy is saying.............

If it has not been proven as fact.............it is gossip

A person saying that he saw the cops stop Haitians with a truckload of cats  is not gossip. If it's not true he would be a liar. 

It is no different than me saying.............I have heard rumors that you pick your nose. I have never met you, don't know where you live, never talked to you, but someone told me this was true..........so it must be true!.................

I have no inclination, nor have I ever, made the leap to it is true, never mind "it must be true". Calling the claims false is also incorrect. They are unproven. Since you're at least trying I will change the script here, the claims may be true. The info in the links I provided certainly make it seem likely.

it is the exact same thing. Basically that is what he is saying.

1 minute ago, Cranston said:

A person saying that he saw the cops stop Haitians with a truckload of cats  is not gossip. If it's not true he would be a liar. 

I have no inclination, nor have I ever, made the leap to it is true, never mind "it must be true". Calling the claims false is also incorrect. They are unproven. Since you're at least trying I will change the script here, the claims may be true. The info in the links I provided certainly make it seem likely.

So.  The media saying that a rumour proven false, is false.  is bad in your eyes.

But using anecdotal evidence you absolutely can not prove is somehow valid.

FFS this is getting sad bud.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So.  The media saying that a rumour proven false, is false.  is bad in your eyes.

Yes, they shouldn't speak in absolutes.

But using anecdotal evidence you absolutely can not prove is somehow valid.

Yes it's fine to say it might be true. 

FFS this is getting sad bud.

19 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Did you see the other clip where he struggled to move the the french fries 3 feet?  And how he had to be reminded of where to put them though he had been told where just moments before?

The restaurant was closed to the pubic. No customers in the store. The customers at the drive-through rehearsed and were vetted by the Secret Service. And this doofus is always on about the Fake News. He INVENTED fake news. This was fake, fake, fake.

• ThereItIs 3

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Taking another look at this pic

and, along with how dumb the lady is for standing directly in front of that car:

wow is that ever a clean, clean car- it looks even cleaner than those Subaru's from The Walking Dead

IMG_1918.jpeg

As is the other car in this wider angle shot.

“Man the drive-thru was slammed today.”

IMG_1923.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

The restaurant was closed to the pubic. No customers in the store. The customers at the drive-through rehearsed and were vetted by the Secret Service. And this doofus is always on about the Fake News. He INVENTED fake news. This was fake, fake, fake.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

image.thumb.png.1117fb85cfbfddd6e0a1df6567204ade.png

Make believe.

The guy is a toddler.  Complete with a diaper

• Cheers 1

A BOLT Story: From the TYEE, 16April2013

As the paisley-patterned ’60s cast their swinging spell upon the world, the B.C. Social Credit party stood ready to repel the sexual revolutionaries at the gates. 

Their shock troops were the Socred Women’s Auxiliary, the bedrock of the party and a perennial source of cheap laughs for the big-city media. Urban sophisticates might chuckle when WA members demanded the government circumcise rapists, but the party faithful knew what the ladies were talking about.

But no one knew what Socred backbencher Agnes Kripps was talking about on Feb. 19, 1970, when she rose in the house to say she hated sex.

Not the act, as it turned out, but the word: “That nasty little three-letter word,” she said, “carries with it a stigma and a distorted connotation. That word, Mr. Speaker, can have 100 different meanings to 100 different people, and while we all spell it the same way, there the similarity ends.”

After a quick dip onto the Oxford Dictionary for the etymology of the term, Kripps revealed that “today, sex is still a confused word.”

As honourable members snickered, she ploughed on: “Because so many shades of meaning have been written into the word, I have come to hate it, and I propose” -- more laughter from MLAs threw her off for a second here -- “I hate the word sex, and I propose that we throw it out of the vocabulary of education.

“Let’s find a substitute and start all over again.”

As elected representatives chorused “No! No!” Kripps confided, “Mr. Speaker, I didn’t know I was going to be the one blushing.”

She then offered a substitute.

“Let’s call it... listen carefully now, let’s call it, for example, BOLT. That stands for... Biology on Life Today: B-O-L-T.”

As MLAs collapsed in mirth, Kripps explained that BOLT was “just an example. You may have other words that you would like to use.”

Added Kripps: “By eliminating the word sex and replacing it with BOLT or any other word -- any other word -- we will remove the blindfolds, the smirks, the embarrassment and, above all, the ignorance.”“Call it Social Credit,” smirked one member.

As the house dissolved into hysterics, Kripps called on the Speaker to restore order: “Mr. Speaker, would you please break your gavel. Thank you.” (That’s the official Hansard version. Other accounts insist she said: “Mr. Speaker, won’t you please bang that thing of yours on the table?”)

It was left to the next speaker, Socred MLA Herb Capozzi, to wrap things up. “On behalf of all of us,” he said, “I would certainly welcome you, Mr. Speaker, to our bolt new world and I will certainly say that, if nothing else, she had everyone bolt upright in their chairs.”

Sadly, Kripps’s recommendation would go unheeded. BOLT, it seems, wasn’t better than sex. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Lost in all of this, are the minimum wage workers there who now lose a days wages so Trump can play make believe

At the ‘event’ Trump wouldn’t answer the reporter when asked “do you think these workers deserve to have minimum wage increased?” He just carried on with his usual word salad about great people, beautiful franchises, blah, blah blah. There have been several protests at this location in the past about raising the minimum wage to a living wage, which Trump opposed in 2019 despite saying he supported it during his campaign. 

IMG_1930.jpeg

IMG_1926.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

As the paisley-patterned ’60s cast their swinging spell upon the world, the B.C. Social Credit party stood ready to repel the sexual revolutionaries at the gates. 

Their shock troops were the Socred Women’s Auxiliary, the bedrock of the party and a perennial source of cheap laughs for the big-city media. Urban sophisticates might chuckle when WA members demanded the government circumcise rapists, but the party faithful knew what the ladies were talking about.

But no one knew what Socred backbencher Agnes Kripps was talking about on Feb. 19, 1970, when she rose in the house to say she hated sex.

Not the act, as it turned out, but the word: “That nasty little three-letter word,” she said, “carries with it a stigma and a distorted connotation. That word, Mr. Speaker, can have 100 different meanings to 100 different people, and while we all spell it the same way, there the similarity ends.”

After a quick dip onto the Oxford Dictionary for the etymology of the term, Kripps revealed that “today, sex is still a confused word.”

As honourable members snickered, she ploughed on: “Because so many shades of meaning have been written into the word, I have come to hate it, and I propose” -- more laughter from MLAs threw her off for a second here -- “I hate the word sex, and I propose that we throw it out of the vocabulary of education.

As elected representatives chorused “No! No!” Kripps confided, “Mr. Speaker, I didn’t know I was going to be the one blushing.”

“Let’s call it... listen carefully now, let’s call it, for example, BOLT. That stands for... Biology on Life Today: B-O-L-T.”

As MLAs collapsed in mirth, Kripps explained that BOLT was “just an example. You may have other words that you would like to use.”

Added Kripps: “By eliminating the word sex and replacing it with BOLT or any other word -- any other word -- we will remove the blindfolds, the smirks, the embarrassment and, above all, the ignorance.”“Call it Social Credit,” smirked one member.

As the house dissolved into hysterics, Kripps called on the Speaker to restore order: “Mr. Speaker, would you please break your gavel. Thank you.” (That’s the official Hansard version. Other accounts insist she said: “Mr. Speaker, won’t you please bang that thing of yours on the table?”)

It was left to the next speaker, Socred MLA Herb Capozzi, to wrap things up. “On behalf of all of us,” he said, “I would certainly welcome you, Mr. Speaker, to our bolt new world and I will certainly say that, if nothing else, she had everyone bolt upright in their chairs.”

Sadly, Kripps’s recommendation would go unheeded. BOLT, it seems, wasn’t better than sex. 

After reading his posts, I'd agree with you.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bolt said:

GabC62cWsAAKPNV.png

Trump likely grifting again. You can order these greasy fries with his name signed on the box for just $2,000.  Who knows, maybe it will bring in more than than the shoes, the watches, the coins, the bibles, the cards etc etc, that he sells to his idiot base,

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2371.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

He doesn't even recognize when his wife fakes it in bed so cut him some slack.🤪

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He doesn't even recognize when his wife fakes it in bed so cut him some slack.🤪

You really believe she lets him in her bed? I think the fire went out just after she got his name on the bottom line of her renegotiated pre-nup. Seriously, she can hardly stand to be seen with him.

25 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Thank you sir. That explains quite a bit.