US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I hate to ruin the fun with the whole McDonald’s schtick, but in other more important election news…

Makes sense if they are counting registration party affiliation.  There are a million more registered Republicans than registered Democrats in Florida.

The question is, how many r'd Rs will vote D, vs. how many r'd Ds will vote R?

The Harris campaign has a few allies in the Republican party down there helping out.

Three new co-chairs join Republicans for Harris in Florida. One calls Trump ‘a blustering, name-calling bully.’

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/2024/10/16/three-new-co-chairs-join-republicans-for-harris-in-florida-one-calls-trump-a-blustering-name-calling-bully/

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn’t Al Gore lose the Presidency because of some hanging chads in Florida?  Pretty sure the Democrats want to win Florida. Every state counts. 

He didn't contest the election unklike somebody....

He was an actual Vietnam war veteran unlike somebody...

But back to GOP Pedo news:

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Cranston said:

A person saying that he saw the cops stop Haitians with a truckload of cats  is not gossip. If it's not true he would be a liar. 

I have no inclination, nor have I ever, made the leap to it is true, never mind "it must be true". Calling the claims false is also incorrect. They are unproven. Since you're at least trying I will change the script here, the claims may be true. The info in the links I provided certainly make it seem likely.

To say, "it may be true" and not also claim "it may be false" is misleading. It is preying on those without intelligence that can not decipher the truth.

Again, it is misleading!

13 hours ago, kilgore said:

Truest words you ever spoke Cranston.  Just needs a little different punctuation.

Again, the pet thing is something Trump said. 

But it is of little importance to anyone except people (like Trump) who want to score political points. 

Because its not verifiable.

Your main point is that nothing is a lie, its just unproven, as long as you can find anyone else to counter it. Merriam Webster shouldn't even list "lie" as a real word. Makes me wonder what else you have decided is a 50/50 possibility.  Anything that someone else can say is simply "unproven" is up for question eh?.

Not at all.  If I spilled the cup of apple juice in the hall and deny it, I am lying.

And even if someone with more knowledge and authority tell you otherwise. Like Republican Governors and Mayors, and police of the State, as long as you find a random YouTuber in a  trailer park tell you different.....the answer is still up for debate!!!  50/50 baby!

Oh my god man, you can't be serious. I would believe the trailer park guy every time, for one thing he isn't smart enough to lie. You seriously would believe a politician over...anyone? These guys don't want to admit that things are out of control on their watch. They don't want to get mixed up with lawyers or rabid leftist media if they say ANYTHING that has any possibility of putting them in the crosshairs. Trump is the exception. That's why he's popular.

Most every Earth scientist says the Earth is a slightly oblong sphere.  But you can find those YouTubers who disagree. The new Flat Earth Society even has different theories to explain away other so called proof of the scientific community.  It COULD be flat right?  A lot of people now fall for....I mean....subscribe to it.  So it MUST have some validity.

https://canadiangeographic.ca/articles/welcome-to-flat-earth-101/

In short, on Feb. 10, 2015, Sargent, a Washington-based former software consultant, uploaded “Flat Earth Clues Introduction,” the first video on his YouTube channel, which now has nearly 65,000 subscribers. It created a Cambrian explosion of amateur scientists conducting observable, repeatable experiments supporting the theory that we live on a stationary disc inside of a pressurized system (which gives us the illusion of gravity), encircled by the Antarctic ice walls (which contain our oceans), beneath a physical dome (beyond which there isn’t much else other than the Creator). As for the sun, moon and stars, they may either hang from the ceiling or are projected upon it; the science is incomplete. The Flat Earth community, which numbers in the tens or hundreds of thousands, can’t agree on all worldly matters — not even that the Earth is, well, flat. But they’re dead certain it’s not a globe.

All of them are wrong and I'm sure some of them are lying, but in order to prove it you'd need a recording of them admitting they don't really believe their bs, or I suppose the testimony of someone who heard them admit it.

Must be frightening to go around in your life being blessed with the heightened awareness of all the possible alternate realities around you.  Like Arnie in Total Recall.  Maybe your wife isn't really your wife.  No real proof that she isn't part of an international criminal group.  Is anything real at all?  :Does CFF even exist?  Are you actually reading this right now? 

caucasian-bald-man-mouth-open-260nw-1705

Edited by Cranston
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JIAHN said:

To say, "it may be true" and not also claim "it may be false" is misleading. It is preying on those without intelligence that can not decipher the truth.

Again, it is misleading!

I don't see it that way. It seems a bit redundant but I will say it here. It may be false.

6 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I don't see it that way. It seems a bit redundant but I will say it here. It may be false.

I totally get it, but the point is, that others may not believe you..........meaning MAGA, etc.......

It is like say you heard your innocent neighbor was a pedophile, and then recanting it..............some will understand it is a unsubstantiated rumor, but others may not believe

the recant

That is my point, the damage is done, despite the correction. If like in this case, the recant never comes, because they are still using it for political gain.

8 hours ago, JIAHN said:

I totally get it, but the point is, that others may not believe you..........meaning MAGA, etc.......

It is like say you heard your innocent neighbor was a pedophile, and then recanting it..............some will understand it is a unsubstantiated rumor, but others may not believe

the recant

That is my point, the damage is done, despite the correction. If like in this case, the recant never comes, because they are still using it for political gain.

The recant won't happen because I'm sure he still believes pets were killed by the Haitians. He will continue to believe in the people who are telling him it has happened over the politicians who won't say it because they don't want the hassle.

Edited by Cranston

33 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Larry Berman did a piece on BNN yesterday that suggests a GOP sweep of Senate, COngress and POTUS. I fear for Ukraine if this is true. 

I fear for the whole democratic world.

One thing I can’t understand- how Trump manages to get momentum in the recent polls? Are people that stupid and easy to manipulate?

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

One thing I can’t understand- how Trump manages to get momentum in the recent polls? Are people that stupid and easy to manipulate?

taking a page from Vince McMahon from WWE. It doesn't matter if you are a babyface or a heal, as long as you give the crowd the feels. Trump riles up emotions, good and bad, in literally everyone who hears him. Its like 'any press is good press'. 
In hindsight, charging him with anything before this election cycle was probably a bad idea. It just gave him more oxygen in the zeitgeist. 
Hopeful for a Dem. victory to put him in the political rearview mirror, permanently. 

• Like 2

Truest words you ever spoke Cranston.  Just needs a little different punctuation.

Again, the pet thing is something Trump said. 

But it is of little importance to anyone except people (like Trump) who want to score political points. 

Because its not verifiable.

Your main point is that nothing is a lie, its just unproven, as long as you can find anyone else to counter it. Merriam Webster shouldn't even list "lie" as a real word. Makes me wonder what else you have decided is a 50/50 possibility.  Anything that someone else can say is simply "unproven" is up for question eh?.

And even if someone with more knowledge and authority tell you otherwise. Like Republican Governors and Mayors, and police of the State, as long as you find a random YouTuber in a  trailer park tell you different.....the answer is still up for debate!!!  50/50 baby!

Most every Earth scientist says the Earth is a slightly oblong sphere.  But you can find those YouTubers who disagree. The new Flat Earth Society even has different theories to explain away other so called proof of the scientific community.  It COULD be flat right?  A lot of people now fall for....I mean....subscribe to it.  So it MUST have some validity.

https://canadiangeographic.ca/articles/welcome-to-flat-earth-101/

In short, on Feb. 10, 2015, Sargent, a Washington-based former software consultant, uploaded “Flat Earth Clues Introduction,” the first video on his YouTube channel, which now has nearly 65,000 subscribers. It created a Cambrian explosion of amateur scientists conducting observable, repeatable experiments supporting the theory that we live on a stationary disc inside of a pressurized system (which gives us the illusion of gravity), encircled by the Antarctic ice walls (which contain our oceans), beneath a physical dome (beyond which there isn’t much else other than the Creator). As for the sun, moon and stars, they may either hang from the ceiling or are projected upon it; the science is incomplete. The Flat Earth community, which numbers in the tens or hundreds of thousands, can’t agree on all worldly matters — not even that the Earth is, well, flat. But they’re dead certain it’s not a globe.

Must be frightening to go around in your life being blessed with the heightened awareness of all the possible alternate realities around you.  Like Arnie in Total Recall.  Maybe your wife isn't really your wife.  No real proof that she isn't part of an international criminal group.  Is anything real at all?  :Does CFF even exist?  Are you actually reading this right now? 

caucasian-bald-man-mouth-open-260nw-1705

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

Tribalism.

Look at our provincial elections. We have many snakes in the con grass and yet people stick to thier teams because apparently they would rather have things go to shit than admit that the party they used to love has gone cookoo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1