US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

With the disparaging polling I don’t know what’s going to happen with any certainty. But this is encouraging (for freedom and democracy)

https://substack.com/home/post/p-150573688

It’s going to take a while for the story of the 2024 election to be revealed and told. How did the legitimate pollsters, political strategists and pundits get it so wrong? How did a “razor’s edge” tie become a Democratic Blue Wave, with Kamala Harris getting more than 350 electoral votes in a 52-46-2 drubbing by modern standards? 

………………………..

….it’s clear they want to stoke fear and suppress the vote. But, in my view, all they are doing is creating a wave of revulsion and resolve by enough rank-and-file republicans to swing a close election into a great Harris victory.

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know, but I hope Harris accepts.

i bet she could impress Joe and it could do very well for her.

The show is a bad format for Trump.  He’ll most likely be coddled by Joe and people will notice the difference in a “normal” JRE show.  If not then Trump will almost certainly say multiple things that his campaign regrets and Democrats immediately pounce on.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

One dead in multistate E. coli outbreak tied to McDonald’s Quarter Pounders, CDC says

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/22/health/mcdonalds-cdc-ecoli-outbreak

Not going to McD's for a while. 

Well, if anyone spends a lot of time touching his quarter pounder, it's Donald Trump....

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I know, but I hope Harris accepts.

i bet she could impress Joe and it could do very well for her.

It's risky, he might go full dude bro on her too. But it would be a good platform for her to try to reach the younger dude demographic, assuming that they would tune in.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's risky, he might go full dude bro on her too. But it would be a good platform for her to try to reach the younger dude demographic, assuming that they would tune in.

While I disagree with Joe on many things (in some cases he’s dead wrong and it’s not difficult to prove) I don’t think he’s entirely unreasonable.  He’s misled (living in Texas is a big part of the problem.  I have family in that state that I do occasionally visit so I’m somewhat informed on what it’s like.) but I remember watching an episode where he had Bernie Sanders on.  Joe agreed with the majority of things Bernie had to say.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Trump AND Rogan at the same time? 

Vomit Barf GIF

I still watch Rogan depending on who the guest is. He had Shane Smith, founder of Vice, on the other day and it was solid. He does continually go on rants about Trudeau and other nonsense he is half informed on but with the right guest I'll listen while working. I wish he'd get Abby Martin back on. Full on leftist would be nice...he had Sagaar and Krystal Ball earlier in the year. That was a good one. The Kat Williams one in the spring was awesome...   Kat is fucking crazy but one of GOATS of comedy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I still watch Rogan depending on who the guest is. He had Shane Smith, founder of Vice, on the other day and it was solid. He does continually go on rants about Trudeau and other nonsense he is half informed on but with the right guest I'll listen while working. I wish he'd get Abby Martin back on. Full on leftist would be nice...he had Sagaar and Krystal Ball earlier in the year. That was a good one. The Kat Williams one in the spring was awesome...   Kat is fucking crazy but one of GOATS of comedy. 

Rogan with David Pakman was an interesting one a few years ago.  The look on Joes face was pretty funny when David pointed out that Joe (pre-Elon Musk ownership) wanted to socialize twitter.

16 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

But she is far from the center...legit one of the rightest voting records out there. Of course 3/4 of the GoP went batshit...

Yeah because taxes on unrealized gains is such a great economic policy.  🤔 so you're saying she's lying now just to get into office?

Edited by bolt

12 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

While I disagree with Joe on many things (in some cases he’s dead wrong and it’s not difficult to prove) I don’t think he’s entirely unreasonable.  He’s misled (living in Texas is a big part of the problem.  I have family in that state that I do occasionally visit so I’m somewhat informed on what it’s like.) but I remember watching an episode where he had Bernie Sanders on.  Joe agreed with the majority of things Bernie had to say.  

Thats because he sides with the left.  
He just thinks they are wacky. 
Unfortunately, the soft boiled eggs of the world only take snippets and decide he is a monster.   
lol

• ThereItIs 1