US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

"The verdict was split: Jurors rejected Carroll’s claim that she was raped, finding Trump responsible for a lesser degree of sexual abuse."

Did you even read the article you posted?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/07/19/trump-carroll-judge-rape/

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, bolt said:

Oh the same buddy where Clinton frequented Epstein Island whereas there is no record of Trump on Epstein Island .  But Democrats are such a great party?  Locking up political opponents is great policy.

In America they like to say: Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

"The verdict was split: Jurors rejected Carroll’s claim that she was raped, finding Trump responsible for a lesser degree of sexual abuse."

You defending this Trump guy Ricky or just taking a shot at Heffy?

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't care what media talking heads say. 

But when people like Kelly speak out (and many others) and just listening to the man myself it's clear he's a terrible person .

Is Harris great? No, but she isn't actually dangerous the way trump is.

That part right there is the real issue.  Everything else is a distraction.  If you’re aware of Trumps attempts to consolidate power around himself (like almost every dictator in history) then how are you okay with it? Regardless of how you feel about anyone else.  If you aren’t aware then why not? The usual response is something to do with political bias. When that’s debunked then there is usually some kind of deflection or attempt to change the subject.

In my experience anyone that tries to have a reasonable discussion about Trump’s actions is branded a hater or leftist or whatever other label.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

That part right there is the real issue.  Everything else is a distraction.  If you’re aware of Trumps attempts to consolidate power around himself (like almost every dictator in history) then how are you okay with it? Regardless of how you feel about anyone else.  If you aren’t aware then why not? The usual response is something to do with political bias. When that’s debunked then there is usually some kind of deflection or attempt to change the subject.

In my experience anyone that tries to have a reasonable discussion about Trump’s actions is branded a hater or leftist or whatever other label.

The people that are ok with it like it, and/or believe that they will also benefit. It's that simple imo.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bolt said:

Oh the same buddy where Clinton frequented Epstein Island whereas there is no record of Trump on Epstein Island .  But Democrats are such a great party?  Locking up political opponents is great policy.

Your guy was his bff for 15 years at the height of his criminality. Here's trump in his own words. 

Back in 2002, when Jeffrey Epstein was known only as a mysterious financial whiz with a private island and a roster of A-list friends, being friendly with him was something to boast about. And Donald Trump did.

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump told New York Magazine that year for a story headlined “Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery.” “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Also, one of the main girls who rounded up others for Epstein to rape was working at maralardo when he met her. 

So whatever you believe about trump, he knew. He knew what epstein was up to, and he either participated in it, or he remained silent and allowed it to happen. Either way he's complicit.

Also, last I checked there was no evidence that Clinton was on the island, or trump for that matter. Flight logs where his plane landed at the airport nearby are the ones that deserve the most scrutiny. 

Here's the big difference, I don't care who they are, if Clinton, Gates, Sorros, or any other leftwing boogeyman did anything, with anyone underage, at anytime, I believe they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and I certainly wouldn't vote for them. Trump’s a fucking creep 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

No Bishop, you don't get it....

Kamala is "terrible"....because a bunch of Trump fanboys say so....:classic_rolleyes:

Quick reminder for said fanboys (you know who you are, even if you won't admit it) : 2 of Trump's most recent public appearances featured a dance party and some reminiscing about once getting to see Arnold Palmer's "Big Bertha".....

“But Trump” is a weak defence of Kamala. I’m wondering if she can be defended without mentioning Trump at all. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

“But Trump” is a weak defence of Kamala. I’m wondering if she can be defended without mentioning Trump at all. 

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

You name those 3 but other than insider trading, which is legal for them, I fail to see a single thing that puts them on the same scale of evil as McConnell, Bush Sr & Cheney or the stupidity and toxicity of MTG or Blwobert. 

Trump does have some Hitlerish things about him. From you know, praising things about him to words and techniques in his speeches. I think it is over stated but then you have Trump out there calling Kamala a Leninist commie...  yes both sides suck imo but your comparison fails. 

Bill Clinton was impeached, paid off at least one woman for sexual assault and apparently went to Epstein’s Island.  

Would he qualify to be on the naughty list? 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lets not use "defended" because it makes her seem like she needs to defend against some action - thats Trump he has the POTUS record to defend.

The better questions are, "is she qualified?" and "does she have the character needed?"

So pretty easy on qualified, if you go by previous experience of the POTUS group. She's got as much or more experience than most of them who took the job.

So character... it's interesting to look at this, because from the really left point of view, they don't like her record as a prosecutor. She's much more centre in that regard. 

Is there a legitimate scandal? Dated some dude? Iffy on interviews? that seems to be about it. 

Trump is clearly compromised, you can see that. He's a grifter, sells branded bibles ffs. Character, again, a judge called him a sexual predator. 

This isn't hard to do Petey. I agree Harris isn't ideal but these folks rarely are. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

And sexual abuse is A-okay with Ricky? Lol, just kidding man, sorta. 

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bill Clinton was impeached, paid off at least one woman for sexual assault and apparently went to Epstein’s Island.  

The impeachment is whatever. Also I don't know if he went to the island. Def boarded the Lolita express but many did. He is a creep but compared to the harm on the world by Bush 1 & 2 and Cheney it is nothing. 

Shit his wife has had worse impact than in via Syria alone 😄 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Your guy was his bff for 15 years at the height of his criminality. Here's trump in his own words. 

Back in 2002, when Jeffrey Epstein was known only as a mysterious financial whiz with a private island and a roster of A-list friends, being friendly with him was something to boast about. And Donald Trump did.

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump told New York Magazine that year for a story headlined “Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery.” “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Also, one of the main girls who rounded up others for Epstein to rape was working at maralardo when he met her. 

So whatever you believe about trump, he knew. He knew what epstein was up to, and he either participated in it, or he remained silent and allowed it to happen. Either way he's complicit.

Also, last I checked there was no evidence that Clinton was on the island, or trump for that matter. Flight logs where his plane landed at the airport nearby are the ones that deserve the most scrutiny. 

Here's the big difference, I don't care who they are, if Clinton, Gates, Sorros, or any other leftwing boogeyman did anything, with anyone underage, at anytime, I believe they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and I certainly wouldn't vote for them. Trump’s a fucking creep 

You could pretty much copy paste this along with the 40+ former trump white house officials that warn everyone about how dangerous he is and use it as a response to anything.

You can't vote for this, it would be despicable. As a human with ethics, you shouldn't be able to get yourself to a place where you can overlook what Trump is. A creep, a pervert, a cheater, an abuser, potentially a rapist, and a wannabe dictator. 

He's gross, he's old, he's unfit.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Of course. Clinton was a pig too. Trump being a known pig is one reason why he’s going to lose come November. 

• Huggy Bear 1

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rup was replying to me about our convo.

Which was about my opinion that Kamala is better than Joe.

You brought Trump into it. So wanting people not to bring up Trump when you added him to our 'is Kamala better than Joe' discussion is strange.

The only thing I mentioned about Trump in my initial post was in reference to polls and him winning. Not anything to do with 'defence of Kamala'

13 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

And sexual abuse is A-okay with Ricky? Lol, just kidding man, sorta. 

Yeah, he must have just wanted to go at Heff.

I swear I posted the same statement by the judge on that page.,

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Lets not use "defended" because it makes her seem like she needs to defend against some action - thats Trump he has the POTUS record to defend.

The better questions are, "is she qualified?" and "does she have the character needed?"

So pretty easy on qualified, if you go by previous experience of the POTUS group. She's got as much or more experience than most of them who took the job.

So character... it's interesting to look at this, because from the really left point of view, they don't like her record as a prosecutor. She's much more centre in that regard. 

Is there a legitimate scandal? Dated some dude? Iffy on interviews? that seems to be about it. 

Trump is clearly compromised, you can see that. He's a grifter, sells branded bibles ffs. Character, again, a judge called him a sexual predator. 

This isn't hard to do Petey. I agree Harris isn't ideal but these folks rarely are. 

You still mentioned Trump. But I’ll give you credit for not doing so until the very end. At least you made a concerted effort unlike others who simply “But Trump” in every post. 

I’ll give you an A for effort and content on that one Bob. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Rup was replying to me about our convo.

Which was about my opinion that Kamala is better than Joe.

You brought Trump into it. So wanting people not to bring up Trump when you added him to our 'is Kamala better than Joe' discussion is strange.

The only thing I mentioned about Trump in my initial post was in reference to polls and him winning. Not anything to do with 'defence of Kamala'

Rupert was replying to you but also mentioned the Trump “fanboys” of which I was assuming he was referring to me. So I asked him a legit question. 

Rupert is a big boy and can clearly take care of himself so I don’t think he needs you to defend him, unless it’s with some crazy on the street whereby your MMA skills would help him. 

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rupert was replying to you but also mentioned the Trump “fanboys” of which I was assuming he was referring to me. So I asked him a legit question. 

Rupert is a big boy and can clearly take care of himself so I don’t think he needs you to defend him, unless it’s with some crazy on the street whereby your MMA skills would help him. 

all these rules about defense...

yeah, I assumed the same, he probably did include you. 

• Huggy Bear 1