US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 hours ago, kilgore said:

no one here supporting the decent sane choice of Kamala Harris says “but Trump…”

we just start with “Trump” said/did (something deplorable again). No BUTS about it.

Harris doesn’t have any skeleton in her closet that comes close to Trumps so there’s never an opportunity to use that literary device, or preface, for her supporters.

On the other hand the MAGA Cult is forever using the BUT BUT BUT tactic on Harris, and before that on any Democrat whenever yet another Republican is in trouble. It’s standard for them on news network interviews whenever they are confronted with any story of bad behaviour by one of their own. Deny and deflect

Heck you can see it in here. Trumps past sexual abuse or some new potential material coming out about minor abuse rears it’s ugly heard again and it’s BUT BUT BUT ….. look at these old shots of Biden with his dirty paws on a girls shoulder!

Harris is a better choice than Biden, due to his age.

Kamala doesnt have to be better than anyone ...but Trump.

I'm a rule breaker.

😎

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Fraud, treason, terrorism, rape.  Trump is clearly a career criminal.

Just once I’d like to hear from a Trump fluffer here WHY they can overlook his convictions of business fraud, adjudicated rape, perpetual lying, vulgarity, and love of dictators and a desire to be one…. Because he is so great at X or Y. 

Define X or Y for us. Not a but but but again. Focus on him,  actual policy reasons, character reasons, foreign policy reasons. Is it that his policies will be better for Canada? Would the softwood lumber dispute work out better for us? 

what is it that a smelly old degenerate racist criminal will advance for the good? So much so you can overlook his dishonesty and criminality? What are you looking forward to that he will champion?

It has to be more than just to own the Libs doesn’t it?

Harris has a few policies she’s laid out for small business, new parents, first time home buyers and a minimum wage increase. 
Trumps tariff plan, is regarded as a terrible idea by most economists, and true conservatives. Maybe you can defend it?

What else? 
I’d really like to know

Because you have to understand that if you have nothing positive to say, then everyone will just assume that you support him because he will live out your wildest, most racist, bigoted fantasies and you just don’t want to admit it

Cattle rail cars stuffed with brown people headed back south. LGTBQ+ stripped of equal rights, maybe taking away the women’s vote, Democrats and critical news media in prison?  No more welfare? (except for corporations of course) 

Seriously, what are you looking forward to?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bolt said:

hmmm...Meanwhile actual evidence of Biden is not talked about by leftists.  Why were you silent about this for over 4 years?

Meanwhile actual evidence and admittance of Trump doing this to young teens exists as well as endless amounts of evidence of him wih Diddy and epstein but you still defend him and think that creepy joe is worse.

Give your head a shake shill

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Molestation is ok with because it was in the past? 

People are primarily going to Kamala's rally because they usually bring in a Musician.  No one is interested in listening to hyena laughter and her rambling about Donald Trump. 

So it's not ok if it's in the past?

But you'll defend Trump even with all the evidence against him including his own admissions?

K.....

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I've seen 2 others today, but the one that's gaining traction involves trump and minor at a donor dinner 

I doubt this moves the needle at all. His supporters won’t believe it even if there is actual video of it (as someone is claiming in the one you’re referring to) and why would they start caring now anyway?

Somehow I don’t envision the Bolts of this world capable of epiphany.

IMG_1950.jpeg

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Because you have to understand that if you have nothing positive to say, then everyone will just assume that you support him because he will live out your wildest, most racist, bigoted fantasies and you just don’t want to admit it

Cattle rail cars stuffed with brown people headed back south. LGTBQ+ stripped of equal rights, maybe taking away the women’s vote, Democrats and critical news media in prison?  No more welfare? (except for corporations of course) 

Seriously, what are you looking forward to?

You answered your own question with the paragraph directly above it. They want all of that, even if they refuse to say it out loud. It's why they can't defend Trump without sidestepping into some other argument.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

I watched it once and must have missed the stuttering part. I’ll watch it again…

I think the part that AC is missing is that she is saying she will agree to a bipartisan border security bill. By definition that means she needs to and is willing to compromise.

It's incredible to watch her speak.

This campaign has been absolutely wild in every way. And things aren't slowing down.

Walz going on John Stewart defending the Dick Cheney endorsement by saying it appeals to Libertarians was a more remarkable thing than when he said he was friends with school shooters, atleast that was an unintentional mistake.

Then Trump 'working' at McDonalds was hilarious, the photos are an absolute meme goldmine. 

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1729604544870.thumb.jpg.3fb977aec0c212b515c41453b1b10591.jpg

Screenshot_20241022-111608.thumb.png.c24d7c99620a4c215de9e8a213e2f427.png

received_1641721009748288.thumb.jpeg.75e711e1540a029b84ca481955e15e2a.jpeg

The entertainment just isnt stopping this time around. 

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It's incredible to watch her speak.

No, I’ll agree she’s not elite but how many of the last several presidents have been? Obama and maybe Clinton then you have to go back to Reagan and Kennedy. As we discussed before if you’re looking to choose the best speaker I dare you do say “Trump” with a straight face.

14 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

No, I’ll agree she’s not elite but how many of the last several presidents have been? Obama and maybe Clinton then you have to go back to Reagan and Kennedy. As we discussed before if you’re looking to choose the best speaker I dare you do say “Trump” with a straight face.

Fwiw I don't necessarily prefer a great speaker because it's far easier for them to sell awful things to the public, ex sending people's children off die in unnecessary wars

Trump's not the best speaker, all I said was I thought had moments where he was hilarious or came up with zingers in the debates (2016) which I think people enjoyed. He's also rambling, grating, ignoring any legitimate question in favour of bragging about how great he thinks he is. And as times gone on hes become far more of the ladder & not much of the former.

So no I don't think he's the best either. It's just Kamala is the new phenomena in this picture & she's so remarkably bad at speaking off script it can be incredible to watch. At times its like her brain stops functioning & you can see the panic.

Even Biden towards the end was better at talking off the cuff when he was actually drugged up enough to get coherent sentences out.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

12 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So no I don't think he's the best either. It's just Kamala is the new phenomena in this picture & she's so remarkably bad at speaking off script it can be incredible to watch. At times its like her brain stops functioning & you can see the panic.

I guess this is where we differ. What you see as panic I see as pausing to think. Being a former prosecutor she is well aware of leading questions and has a pretty good idea of the point the interviewer is trying to take her to. For me I’d rather a person slow and put some thought into their answer than blurt out “they’re eating the cats” when they feel cornered.

I think a good public speaker can inspire people to be better like Kennedy and Obama, or even Reagan at times. As for sending children off to war I don’t see a correlation, it’s been done by the best and the worst speakers imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You still mentioned Trump. But I’ll give you credit for not doing so until the very end. At least you made a concerted effort unlike others who simply “But Trump” in every post. 

I’ll give you an A for effort and content on that one Bob. 

So, can we discuss character now?