US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Go to the poorest neighborhoods in the US and ask a citizen if it's beyond their ability to get id and they will look at you like you're nuts. With that in mind, there is no other reason I can think of. In fact, the Dems required ID to get into their convention. Do I need to post all the mundane activities that require id?

And what poor neighborhoods have you been in in the US?

1 hour ago, Cranston said:

That is one path is suppose. Another was to fully embrace a resource economy which we haven't done for decades. There are a few countries with low population and natural resources that are doing quite well.

Canada is doing fine and it's population is happy, even Quebec, they're French so they like to whine loudly on occasion for the sake of it. 

I'm only coming at it from an American's perspective.  Canada is prosperous, but I've seen over the years where I believe it could have become much more so throughout both it's recent and far past.  Although it's easy enough for me to say since I only experience the fabric of Canada as a visitor, not a citizen.  Would Canada have become just as happy if it had adopted a more opportunistic and advanced economy and the challenges that situation would bring with it, such as a much much larger population to feed the workforce demand?

I can't answer any of those kinds of domestic questions as someone on the outside looking in. 

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

You are correct. Perhaps we have too many Cranstone’s weighing us down.

I'm also just an outsider making speculations.  Had Canada followed my way of thinking, it may not have become as happy and content, for the most part, that it is today.

I just think with more opportunity, the happier a population becomes.  If Canada took the path I think it should have taken, it would have at least double the population that it has now and there's no telling if that would have turned out better as far as happiness goes.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Grammar

8 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

And what poor neighborhoods have you been in in the US?

Inglewood poor enough for you?

Here a video where the first 2 minutes is people explaining why asking for id is racist, the second 2 minutes is people making them look like idiots.

Just now, Cranston said:

Inglewood poor enough for you?

Here a video where the first 2 minutes is people explaining why asking for id is racist, the second 2 minutes is people making them look like idiots.

You've been to Inglewood? Or is your knowledge of it a targeted video?

Republicans very much have a path to winning all 3 of the house, senate, and presidency.

If that happens, well 🙏 to us here in Canada and the people that voted Harris down south, it's going to be a bumpy ride. 

The next Democrat president is going to have the task of, yet again, cleaning up a republican mess/recession.

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Republicans very much have a path to winning all 3 of the house, senate, and presidency.

If that happens, well 🙏 to us here in Canada and the people that voted Harris down south, it's going to be a bumpy ride. 

The next Democrat president is going to have the task of, yet again, cleaning up a republican mess/recession.

If that happens then there will not be another fair election.  Democrats won’t cleaning anything up because democratic process will be broken.

32 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Go to the poorest neighborhoods in the US and ask a citizen if it's beyond their ability to get id and they will look at you like you're nuts. With that in mind, there is no other reason I can think of. In fact, the Dems required ID to get into their convention. Do I need to post all the mundane activities that require id?

Wy would we ask people in hardcore republican states this question and expect an honest answer?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Yes I did . They all had id and knew how to get a new one if necessary.

I'll take things that never happened for $500 Alex.  Of all the things that never happened your claim never happened the most.

A (probably caucasian) Canadian intentionally went to inglewood cali and randomly asked the AA population specific questions about voter id and voting rights.

Sure

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I'll take things that never happened for $500 Alex.  Of all the things that never happened your claim never happened the most.

A (probably caucasian) Canadian intentionally went to inglewood cali and randomly asked the AA population specific questions about voter id and voting rights.

Sure

Of course not because it's a completely stupid and even racist question, just as the people in the link show.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sure

If you want to align yourself with the condescending dimwits at the beginning of the video, be my guest.

13 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Yes I did . They all had id and knew how to get a new one if necessary.

So you're lying, got it

Just now, Cranston said:

If you want to align yourself with the condescending dimwits at the beginning of the video, be my guest.

The dimwits from a daily wire video?  Like Ben Shapiro?  Pass.  You're already posting enough of their tripe

1 minute ago, Cranston said:

Of course not because it's a completely stupid and even racist question, just as the people in the link show.

Agreed, most of the insinuations from daily wire are completely stupid and borderline racist

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wy would we ask people in hardcore republican states this question and expect an honest answer?

Unless I’m mistaken Inglewood is not in the rural south and doesn’t practice voter suppression so a crappy example by default.

The 11 percent of eligible voters who lack the required photo ID must travel to a designated government office to obtain one. Yet many citizens will have trouble making this trip. In the 10 states with restrictive voter ID laws:

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
  • Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. 

More than 1 million eligible voters in these states fall below the federal poverty line and live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. These voters may be particularly affected by the significant costs of the documentation required to obtain a photo ID. Birth certificates can cost between $8 and $25. Marriage licenses, required for married women whose birth certificates include a maiden name, can cost between $8 and $20. By comparison, the notorious poll tax — outlawed during the civil rights era — cost $10.64 in current dollars.

The result is plain: Voter ID laws will make it harder for hundreds of thousands of poor Americans to vote. They place a serious burden on a core constitutional right that should be universally available to every American citizen.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

If that happens then there will not be another fair election.  Democrats won’t cleaning anything up because democratic process will be broken.

Maybe, they'll control essentially everything including the judicial branch.

There would be nothing stopping them from enacting the worst of their agenda. 

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm also just an outsider making speculations.  Had Canada followed my way of thinking, it may not have become as happy and content, for the most part, that it is today.

I just think with more opportunity, the happier a population becomes.  If Canada took the path I think it should have taken, it would have at least double the population that it has now and there's no telling if that would have turned out better as far as happiness goes.

Maybe we’d have an NBA team by now.

oh wait.

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2024 at 10:45 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Someone must have some inside information as to why this stock keeps skyrocketing. What do they know that we don’t?  🤔

mIMG_2432.png

Which "they" is that? The same knowledgeable professional investors who drove it up to $80?

Have you ever heard of something called "Odd Lot Theory"?

The investors referred to in that theory make up the entire market for DJT.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Unless I’m mistaken Inglewood is not in the rural south and doesn’t practice voter suppression so a crappy example by default.

The 11 percent of eligible voters who lack the required photo ID must travel to a designated government office to obtain one. Yet many citizens will have trouble making this trip. In the 10 states with restrictive voter ID laws:

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
  • Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. 

More than 1 million eligible voters in these states fall below the federal poverty line and live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. These voters may be particularly affected by the significant costs of the documentation required to obtain a photo ID. Birth certificates can cost between $8 and $25. Marriage licenses, required for married women whose birth certificates include a maiden name, can cost between $8 and $20. By comparison, the notorious poll tax — outlawed during the civil rights era — cost $10.64 in current dollars.

The result is plain: Voter ID laws will make it harder for hundreds of thousands of poor Americans to vote. They place a serious burden on a core constitutional right that should be universally available to every American citizen.

Chooses Cali.  Doesn't choose a state like Alabama. 

This was from 2015, but Alabama passed some strict voter ID laws, then closed 30 DMV offices.  Many in majority black areas.

Nope, no connection at all.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/alabama-closes-dmv-offices-a-year-after-voter-id-law-kicks-in

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Curious to see the CFF responses... lol

this just in, Kamala Harris now enjoying wide approval among the jewish communities.

MGT angered at space lasers while wearing mad max hat

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Curious to see the CFF responses... lol

Says the guy who is effectively the court jester.  Doesn't take much IQ to dance around and pretend for a living.  

His personal views suck.

His movie career is top notch.