US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Curious to see the CFF responses... lol

You won’t get one from me. I long ago quit expecting anything intelligent to come out of his mouth unless someone else is writing his lines
A Mel Gibson endorsement ranks right up there with Dick Cheney endorsing Harris. Both candidates should say thanks but no thanks.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Says the guy who is effectively the court jester.  Doesn't take much IQ to dance around and pretend for a living.  

His personal views suck.

His movie career is top notch.

Cuckoo bird or not, I do miss his acting.  Too bad he can't keep control of himself.  I don't care at all about his political views, but I'm not exactly thrilled with him being bigoted.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

You won’t get one from me. I long ago quit expecting anything intelligent to come out of his mouth unless someone else is writing his lines
A Mel Gibson endorsement ranks right up there with Dick Cheney endorsing Harris. Both candidates should say thanks but no thanks.

I won't give you a response, so here's my response!!  🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's literally left-wing Alex Jones at this point. He's just as deranged in his commentary. Not trying to be funny; I think both of them were unfortunately dropped on their head in a fight once.

(And Dean Blundell is the Canadian Keith Olbermann fwiw)

What did he say that was incorrect?  Musk belongs in prison for the rest of his worthless excuse for a life?  There's no reason to treat that waste of oxygen the same as actual people.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What did he say that was incorrect?  Musk belongs in prison for the rest of his worthless excuse for a life?  There's no reason to treat that waste of oxygen the same as actual people.

Dude you're on the same side as Dick Cheney...let that sink in for a second.

Gasj1LeWkAAMSYo.jpeg

Edited by bolt

Just now, bolt said:

Dude your on the same side as Dick Cheney...let that sink in for a second.

Imagine how evil Musk, Trump, and the rest of the vermin trying to destroy the USA have to be in order to be bigger pieces of shit than Dick Cheney.  These parasites have managed to accomplish that.  Think about that for a second.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Imagine how evil Musk, Trump, and the rest of the vermin trying to destroy the USA have to be in order to be bigger pieces of shit than Dick Cheney.  These parasites have managed to accomplish that.  Think about that for a second.

Everyone with a different opinion than you is a piece of shit/parasite.  Elon Musk has done more for humanity than 99.9% of humans.  

Edited by bolt
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, bolt said:

Everyone with a different opinion than you is a piece of shit.  Elon Musk has done more for humanity than 99.9% of humans.  

Elon Musk has done more to damage humanity than 99.99% of humans.  There's no excuse for treating him the same as actual people.  At least throw him in prison so he can't continue on his quest to become a real life Bond villain.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, DSVII said:

Again, I feel like even if everything is true here, Trump is still a vastly inferior candidate if you apply this same standard to him. He's to be getting a huge pass on that. Even down to the wire when he's dodging debates (the 2nd was supposed to be tonight) and cancelling appearances. 

This is disinformation. Trump originally agreed to 3 debates, Kamala only agreed to 1. It went well for Kamala so she tried for another & Trump declined. 

Factually speaking both dodged debates. I'm not taking a side on this just stating how things played out. 

I don't know if he's getting a pass, he's literally being called Hitler. The thing is Trump isn't new & people already have their opinion of him figured out good or bad, Kamala is new & is inherently under more of a microscope as people try to figure her out. And people are noticing that she's bombing in alot of instances, idk what else to say. People certainly opposed Trump & pointed out all his flaws when he ran for the 1st time, as they continue too, I think he was projected as having a 1% chance of winning by some companies in 2016 IIRC.

Trump is going to be on Rogan tomorrow, I'm very interested to see how it goes as his shows are generally a free-flowing conversation. I think some in Trumps voting pool consider this risky from what I've seen on Twitter but it should be interesting. I'd love to see Kamala on Rogan aswell but I think their camp has already declined. Its too bad having her in a situation where she speaks off the top of her head in a neutral long-form situation could go a very long way for her if she succeeds imo, though I'm not confident she could pull it off (but am willing to be proven wrong).

21 hours ago, kilgore said:

I think in spite of having experience as a prosecutor and DA and AG, she was still nervous being thrust into the spotlight, maybe the brightest spotlight on the planet. I also think her Democratic handlers helped that pressure by training her with talking points she could recite if she got nervous in an interview.  Provably over trained her so she was fully ready, while the MSM was screaming for an interview. She is obviously not a natural speaker.  Court room speeches are different than in front of an audience of many millions. And you are made well aware that anything you say can and will be used against you in.....the court of public opinion.  Going off script too much can set the ball on the tee for Trump's team.  And this is not just about her, she knows, the countries stability and good standing is on the line, at least in her mind. A tremendous amount on her shoulders and she must feel it.  So I don't blame her for being a little robotic, right now.  I think she'll grow into it more if she wins. She's improved by a lot since the primaries of 2020.

I do think she should just trust her instincts more. Or not listen to her handlers all the time. I think her Oprah moment of "Someone's gonna get shot!" was one example.  I find her interview responses to be too much like her rally speeches. Same exact talking points.  I wish she'd at least get a Thesaurus and find different ways to say the same phrases.  But maybe that's what works. Those that are voting for her, aren't going to change their minds because of the repetition. Its meant for anyone just tuning in to her. I get it. 

She should have had an answer though for that gotcha question about learning from one mistake she'd made.  Unfortunately, any mistake she admitted to, she knew would be used in an ad and on Fox News the next day ad nauseam. But she still should have had one handy.  Like Walz with his book dates.

This bolded definitely true, agree 100%. And not just of her, but of the election on both sides. I don't think there are a swath of undecideds like their might have been in past years. Most people that are invested in the process know their camp & likely did long ago imo.

I appreciate your views in this post but idk, she just doesn't seem to have it. I'm very surprised she hasn't been able to improve but I think when you factor in how she got this spot with how badly she articulates any vision, plan, question of the past, exc, exc, exc... she still comes across as just a face/puppet of the democratic party & current governing structure. Its not very appealing which is why they are going back to the Hitler well imo.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Elon Musk has done more to damage humanity than 99.99% of humans.  There's no excuse for treating him the same as actual people.  At least throw him in prison so he can't continue on his quest to become a real life Bond villain.

I completely disagree. He's not even comparable to someone like Bush or Cheney, let alone Castro, let alone Ceausescu, let alone Hitler or Stalin. Exc.

No conversation to be had here I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I completely disagree. He's not even comparable to someone like Bush or Cheney, let alone Castro, let alone Ceausescu, let alone Hitler or Stalin. Exc.

No conversation to be had here I suppose.

Only one "leader" in modern history needs to be put with those two turds (at least on that scale) & that's Mao.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Harris and Biden have already done it. If Trump wins he might be able to save what's left. If he doesn't, its over for America

31 minutes ago, bolt said:

She will, so what's the difference between the two?

She will what?  Jail people?

Nah.  The courts are deciding that.

Afraid trump might go to jail?  Shame he's committed so many crimes.  You'd think the party of law and justice would support the process.

But then none of you in that camp seem to care at all about integrity so whatever

• Cheers 1

OMG Bolt! Imagine that - a televised interview that was edited to make a candidate look better…Geez that’s got to be pretty bad, right?

BUSTED: Fox News Caught Red-Handed Editing Trump’s Rambling Answers and False Claims to Create a ‘Coherent’ Interview

LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 24, 2024 11:01 AM
STAFF WRITER4 MIN READ

A recent segment on Fox News featuring Donald Trump’s surprise visit to a Bronx barbershop has raised eyebrows for its striking resemblance to a campaign advertisement. During the visit, Trump interacted with Black and Hispanic patrons, many wearing “Make Barbers Great Again” shirts, as part of “Fox & Friends” co-host Lawrence Jones’ ongoing interview series.

However, the televised version of Trump’s visit was heavily edited, omitting many of his meandering comments and false claims, CNN reports. The result was a streamlined presentation that obscured Trump’s frequent digressions and misleading statements.

The network analyzed a longer video of the barbershop visit, shared on Instagram, and highlighted significant discrepancies between this unedited footage and the version aired on “Fox & Friends.” The edits conveniently removed numerous exaggerations and distortions, especially ironic given Trump’s recent criticism of CBS for editing an interview with Vice President Kamala Harris.

Trump has accused CBS of manipulating the Harris interview to make her look more favorable, demanding the unedited transcript—a claim that Fox News eagerly amplified. Ironically, Fox’s own editing of Trump’s barbershop visit appeared to be a masterclass in image management, conveniently slicing out the very questionable remarks that might undermine his narrative.

For instance, Trump claimed that “they just dumped 50,000 people — 32,000 migrants from another country” in Springfield, Ohio. However, local data shows the actual number of migrants is far lower. The broadcast also excluded Trump’s inflated claims about crime in Aurora, Colorado.

A particularly telling moment occurred when an audience member asked Trump about eliminating federal taxes. In the edited segment, it seemed Trump answered immediately. In reality, his response came only after a lengthy diversion, during which the audience member had to repeatedly steer the conversation back to his original question.

Fox also cut out some of Trump’s more controversial comments, such as his derisive remarks about the Wall Street Journal, advising the audience to “not listen” to the “Wall Street jerks.” Additionally, Trump’s praise for Hungarian leader Viktor Orban, reflecting his tendency to align with authoritarian figures, was left on the cutting room floor.

A Fox News spokesperson explained that all of Jones’ barbershop segments are pre-taped and edited for time and clarity. The right-wing network said the Bronx segment ran for nearly an hour, and the edits were made to fit the broadcast.

Trump’s recent appearance on “MediaBuzz” also featured similar editing, particularly when he began to repeat false claims about the 2020 election. The abrupt cut during his comments about January 6 suggested that Fox is still navigating the repercussions of defamation lawsuits stemming from its 2020 coverage.

In summary, Fox News’ decision to edit Trump’s interview raises significant questions about the integrity of the broadcast and the network’s efforts to present his messages in a more coherent light.