US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Doesn't take much IQ to dance around and pretend for a living.  

It’s partly true but not the full picture. While acting doesn’t always require high academic IQ, it does take a strong set of skills that go beyond just pretending. For instance, actors like Natalie Portman, who holds a degree from Harvard, and James Woods, who reportedly has a high IQ and studied political science at MIT, show that some actors bring impressive academic backgrounds to the industry. However, to be a successful actor or actress, you more often need high emotional intelligence (EQ) to understand and convey complex emotions, as well as the ability to memorize lines, develop unique characters, and connect with audiences.

Some roles also require significant researc think about Daniel Day-Lewis, who immerses himself in intense research for each role or Jodie Foster, a Yale graduate fluent in multiple languages. They show how acting challenges mental and physical adaptability, involving historical knowledge, psychology, or even complex physical movements. So, while traditional IQ might not be a top requirement, a different kind of intelligence and skill set is essential in acting, one that mixes creativity, empathy, and dedication.

I feel pretty disillusioned with politics these days. It often seems like the president is just a puppet for Congress. They set the tone, but Congress does most of the heavy lifting, and it’s frustrating to watch the same old games being played.

It also worries me how many politicians seem more interested in lining their pockets than actually serving the public. It feels like if they’re given the chance, a lot of them would take bribes or make shady deals, and that makes it hard to trust any of them.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, 4petesake said:

OMG Bolt! Imagine that - a televised interview that was edited to make a candidate look better…Geez that’s got to be pretty bad, right?

BUSTED: Fox News Caught Red-Handed Editing Trump’s Rambling Answers and False Claims to Create a ‘Coherent’ Interview

LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 24, 2024 11:01 AM
STAFF WRITER4 MIN READ

Not a formal interview and the full version was available for all to see. Talk about desperation.

Edited by Cranston

23 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

I feel pretty disillusioned with politics these days. It often seems like the president is just a puppet for Congress. They set the tone, but Congress does most of the heavy lifting, and it’s frustrating to watch the same old games being played.

It also worries me how many politicians seem more interested in lining their pockets than actually serving the public. It feels like if they’re given the chance, a lot of them would take bribes or make shady deals, and that makes it hard to trust any of them.

This 1000%

And it's 1 of the reasons I like Trump.. I'm sure ill have a lot of left wingers jump at me with a bunch of stuff trying to discredit it, but to me Trump is the (from my POV) most for the people president we've ever had (atleast in my lifetime)

For 1, he's the ONLY president to not accept the $400k+ annual salary

And 2 there's this...

Awful lot of "donors and special interests"... Thats lierally like 99.9% of politicians these days. Bunch of fake acting bought puppets that are trained to fool the public so they can fill their pockets with tax money and send your children to unnecessary warfare

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Not a formal interview and the full version was available for all to see. Talk about desperation.

That post sounds like Matt Murray complaining after Boeser's hat trick.  Talk about desperation.

And don't forget - the point here is the MAGA's went ape shit when they felt Harris was treated too kindly by 60 Minutes.   Now we have this from Fox but the homers want the goal to be disallowed. Talk about desperation.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cranston said:

This is interesting and important. The link doesn't show Trump actually saying it so of course, it is not to be believed. Definitely need to see the actual statement and context.

Now you want to talk about context?  You certainly are selective as to when that should be considered important.

19 minutes ago, Gator said:

This 1000%

And it's 1 of the reasons I like Trump.. I'm sure ill have a lot of left wingers jump at me with a bunch of stuff trying to discredit it, but to me Trump is the (from my POV) most for the people president we've ever had (atleast in my lifetime)

And 2 there's this...

Awful lot of "donors and special interests"... Thats lierally like 99.9% of politicians these days. Bunch of fake acting bought puppets that are trained to fool the public so they can fill their pockets with tax money and send your children to unnecessary warfare

I'm curious what you think trump did to benefit the average person in the US.

5 minutes ago, Cranston said:

No. You look back. You made the accusation.

I did make the accusation and I stand by it.  My memory and reading comprehension is pretty good.

The last thing I want to do though is dig through your old posts.  Take that as you will.  Call it a victory and I won't care at all.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm curious what you think trump did to benefit the average person in the US.

I'm sorry. Did you miss my post? I think I made my point very clear lol

I'll tell you 1 thing he's doing for ALL people if he gets in this time.. Hes going to put an effort into stopping a potential nuclear war from breaking out

Edited by Gator

1 minute ago, Gator said:

It lacked specifics.

Id just like to know the top three things he did for the average American. 

I'll tell you 1 thing he's doing for ALL people if he gets in this time.. Hes going to put an effort into stopping a potential nuclear war from breaking out

This again. No trump isn't the only thing preventing nuclear war.

Let's stick to the average joe daily life. How did trump make that better?

And all those "donors and special interest" Trump was talking about in that Jeb Bush video are the same people that run these mainstream media outlets you guys swear by.

It's all a bunch of BS propaganda that the majority of people fall for. Basic politics. Manipulation of its people. We know it happens everywhere else, but yet so blind to it ourselves. Sure they talk a lot of truth, but as evident in this thread, they put a lot of false narratives on things and make people believe in a bunch of BS.

Idk imma dip, and come back when I come across another funny/sad Harris clip 🤣

Enjoy!

7 hours ago, 4petesake said:

OMG Bolt! Imagine that - a televised interview that was edited to make a candidate look better…Geez that’s got to be pretty bad, right?

BUSTED: Fox News Caught Red-Handed Editing Trump’s Rambling Answers and False Claims to Create a ‘Coherent’ Interview

LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 24, 2024 11:01 AM
STAFF WRITER4 MIN READ

....but 60 Minutes....:frantic:

• ThereItIs 1

It's all a bunch of BS propaganda that the majority of people fall for. Basic politics. Manipulation of its people.

You have just described the MAGA campaign strategy.  You could substitute the word minority if they lose and leave the word majority if the win. 

Would BS propaganda include the election fraud that a surprising number of people believe in despite the fact that no credible evidence to support it can be found?

43 minutes ago, Gator said:

Interesting perspective....

From my POV, Trump is the most "for himself" president we've ever seen and I go back to JFK.

As far as the salary, I love to see a reliable source to back up that claim, but even if it's true, there are dozens of instances showing that he used his office to enrich himself personally. From using his own properties for visiting dignitaries, to overcharging Secret Service personnel for staying at his hotels.....there's a fairly extensive list.

11 minutes ago, Gator said:

And all those "donors and special interest" Trump was talking about in that Jeb Bush video are the same people that run these mainstream media outlets you guys swear by.

It's all a bunch of BS propaganda that the majority of people fall for. Basic politics. Manipulation of its people. We know it happens everywhere else, but yet so blind to it ourselves. Sure they talk a lot of truth, but as evident in this thread, they put a lot of false narratives on things and make people believe in a bunch of BS.

Idk imma dip, and come back when I come across another funny/sad Harris clip 🤣

Enjoy!

Still not sure what the heck all this has to do with the average person?

23 minutes ago, Gator said:

Yes....by handing Ukrainian territory over to his BFF Putin....

What a hero....:classic_rolleyes:

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Interesting perspective....

From my POV, Trump is the most "for himself" president we've ever seen and I go back to JFK.

As far as the salary, I love to see a reliable source to back up that claim, but even if it's true, there are dozens of instances showing that he used his office to enrich himself personally. From using his own properties for visiting dignitaries, to overcharging Secret Service personnel for staying at his hotels.....there's a fairly extensive list.

It's so odd. I get why a lot of people vote left, for labour laws, health benefits, etc.

Why does anyone vote right in the US? Ok if its better for your taxes I get it.

But poor or average republicans? What's the benefit?

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You have just described the MAGA campaign strategy.  You could substitute the word minority if they lose and leave the word majority if the win. 

Would BS propaganda include the election fraud that a surprising number of people believe in despite the fact that no credible evidence to support it can be found?

It perfectly describes both sides. As I said... "Basic politics".. Left and right

I bet you believe your god is the only right god too huh?