US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

I don't know baseball. Or American politics.

I have sleep depravation, i got up at 4:00, looked at this thread and wasn't going to respond but got slightly triggered.

I'm not looking for any troubled and apologize for my misconduct but i should be able to speak freely if it isn't hurting anyone.

I follow Elon Musk on twitter, he's caught up in the vitriolic U.S. political arena because he bought twitter and tried to make it even for every user, regardless of political affiliation. The left automatically assumed they were his enemy because he wasn't their enemies enemy.

I don't think he's an enemy of either side, all he's doing is trying to fix all the craziness that has enveloped places like San Francisco (that's where X-Twitter is located, he sees that first hand).

He saw that they were going to seriously damage society as a whole if they kept doing what they were doing. They kowtowed to the FBI, even put agents in positions where they were deleting accounts like crazy. They even banned a sitting president, if you actually think about that for a second, you'll realize how absurd that is. They were abusing their public trust, thats the sole reason why Elon Musk bought Twitter, because he could.

For years i heard 'Oh, don't like being banned for little reason? You don't own the site, they can make their own rules, go cry about it'

Now all we hear is crying that Elon Musk has implemented new rules on twitter. Whats ironic, is those rules are pro free speech and you'll still get suspended for hate speech or threatening speech. You'll see people saying all sorts of crazy stuff, so what? You should be able to discern for yourself what you'll believe because everybody has biases. Every one of these news sources will mislead you into believing them because they are all partisan, every one of them.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

CNN is filth. Even their last head producer is now a convicted sexual predator. Thats the funniest part about CNN, after their 3 years of Stormy Daniels reporting, Chris Cuomo's brother was disgraced and removed from office for being a sexual predator. Their head producer got caught trying to illicit sex from a child, he got ten years in prison and they fired a guy for playing with himself on a zoom call and JUST REHIRED THE TOSSER! LOL !! And that tosser still has the nerve to do a Stormy Daniels special. Oh yeah i forgot the other allegations of sexual misconduct of Don Lemon too. What a station !! I don't watch Fox either, i'm not dumb enough to watch either.

Yeah, let me know when CNN has to pay an election company $800,000,000 for repeated on-air lies....

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah, let me know when CNN has to pay an election company $800,000,000 for repeated on-air lies....

My issue with CNN in the US is it's infotainment. CNN international is much much better for actual news coverage. Africa even gets mentioned in a positive way occasionally.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

My issue with CNN in the US is it's infotainment. CNN international is much much better for actual news coverage. Africa even gets mentioned in a positive way occasionally.

CNN has a political slant, as do virtually all news outlets.

Faux lies for money. They're strictly a right-wing propaganda machine at this point.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I have sleep depravation, i got up at 4:00, looked at this thread and wasn't going to respond but got slightly triggered.

I'm not looking for any troubled and apologize for my misconduct but i should be able to speak freely if it isn't hurting anyone.

I follow Elon Musk on twitter, he's caught up in the vitriolic U.S. political arena because he bought twitter and tried to make it even for every user, regardless of political affiliation. The left automatically assumed they were his enemy because he wasn't their enemies enemy.

I don't think he's an enemy of either side, all he's doing is trying to fix all the craziness that has enveloped places like San Francisco (that's where X-Twitter is located, he sees that first hand).

He saw that they were going to seriously damage society as a whole if they kept doing what they were doing. They kowtowed to the FBI, even put agents in positions where they were deleting accounts like crazy. They even banned a sitting president, if you actually think about that for a second, you'll realize how absurd that is. They were abusing their public trust, thats the sole reason why Elon Musk bought Twitter, because he could.

For years i heard 'Oh, don't like being banned for little reason? You don't own the site, they can make their own rules, go cry about it'

Now all we hear is crying that Elon Musk has implemented new rules on twitter. Whats ironic, is those rules are pro free speech and you'll still get suspended for hate speech or threatening speech. You'll see people saying all sorts of crazy stuff, so what? You should be able to discern for yourself what you'll believe because everybody has biases. Every one of these news sources will mislead you into believing them because they are all partisan, every one of them.

Elons got a whole new world of mess he has made if you have kept up with the latest.

Isreal is not gonna be happy

• Vintage 2

CNN has a political slant, as do virtually all news outlets.

I think it's more than that, Trump obsessed coverage is a business model for them, to the detriment of Biden imo. There's a lot of good things happening in the US that get back page coverage to whatever Trump tweeted today.

Faux lies for money. They're strictly a right-wing propaganda machine at this point.

Yep, it's a different animal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Elons got a whole new world of mess he has made if you have kept up with the latest.

Isreal is not gonna be happy

I'm not sure what that's all about. He liked a tweet about some jews being anti-white or something? 

I'll have to look into it, he didn't say it but liked it or something? 

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think it's more than that, Trump obsessed coverage is a business model for them, to the detriment of Biden imo. There's a lot of good things happening in the US that get back page coverage to whatever Trump tweeted today.

Most of the time when I turn on CNN these days, the lead story is Israel - Hamas.

I disagree about CNN and "Trump obsession". I follow at a lot of news outlets and they're pretty much all reporting heavily on Trump. This is to be expected when the leading candidate for the GOP nomination is facing 4 Indictments and 91 charges.

CNN gets all the "press", because they're the biggest player on the Left, but MSNBC is even more Trump-focused, as is Huffpost, The Atlantic and Vox. You also may have noticed several posts in recent months from RawStory and Alternet, which I would also put further Left than CNN.

This isn't to say that there isn't some great reporting from these outlets. Right now, I would consider MSNBC's Mehdi Hasan one of the best in the business.

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob Eh said:

I'm not sure what that's all about. He liked a tweet about some jews being anti-white or something? 

I'll have to look into it, he didn't say it but liked it or something? 

He did say something...I dont do the twitter stuff but its about him claiming something about Jews hating whites being 'actual truth'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67460386

On Wednesday, Mr Musk replied to a post sharing a conspiracy theory which accused Jewish communities of pushing hatred against white people, calling it "actual truth".

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Most of the time when I turn on CNN these days, the lead story is Israel - Hamas.

I disagree about CNN and "Trump obsession". I follow at a lot of news outlets and they're pretty much all reporting heavily on Trump. This is to be expected when the leading candidate for the GOP nomination is facing 4 Indictments and 91 charges.

CNN gets all the "press", because they're the biggest player on the Left, but MSNBC is even more Trump-focused, as is Huffpost, The Atlantic and Vox. You also may have noticed several posts in recent months from Ray Story and Alternet, which I would also put further Left than CNN.

This isn't to say that there isn't some great reporting from these outlets. Right now, I would consider MSNBC's Mehdi Hasan one of the best in the business.

I agree except to say that most of the time when I turn on CNN these days it's nothing but long stretches of commercials.

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

I agree except to say that most of the time when I turn on CNN these days it's nothing but long stretches of commercials.

always prescription drug commercials....

...side effects could be ...anything!  including increasing the thing you are trying to get help for

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 2

4 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Yeah but then we'd have to acknowledge Hunter Biden's ties with Barisma and all the corruption that happened in the Ukraine when Obama was president if we weren't so used to our biased news outlets. Biden is on camera bragging about using his influence to get people fired in the Ukraine. Biden is everything you said Trump was going to be. You said WW3 was going to happen with Trump yet Trump did the Abraham peace accords and that was the only time of peace there for the last 70 years. You said he was racist, yet he doubled the funding of the historic black colleges and pardoned ex heavy weight champion Jack Johnson. Why didn't Obama do that? Because he was busy lining his own pockets like misleaders Biden, Pelosi and Trudeau. Martha's Vineyard?

Trump made his money in real estate, not by being a vampiric old bourgeois, double dealing, insider trading politician with 5 decades of grubby hands in government cookie jar. Trump also kicked Epstein out of Mar i Lago. Seems like the loudest voices against Trump keep getting implicated in Epstein Island, the extremely perverted Stephen Colbert and Tom Hanks comes to mind. People in Hollywood cry Trump everyday but never mention their close relationship with Harvey Weinstein that spanned decades. They knew woman were being abused and said nothing, now they point the finger at Trump over Stormy Daniels? Ironic that.

Why do so many pro-trump arguments turn into 'whataboutism'? It's the same thing every time and seems to always end with Hollywood. Like who tf cares about Hollywood and what does that have to do with Trump's suitability to be president? It's nonsensical.

"He didn't take a salary" (but rerouted government and military convoys to stay at his golf courses). Kushner/Ivanka were totally qualified for their roles, no nepotism here. But there were no wars during that time because Trump was president (because Putin and Hamas would bow to Trump...and countries were dealing with Covid). And yes, I understand politicians of both sides use their influence to their family's advantage but the wilful ignorance is tiresome (isn't it speculated that Kushner walked away with $1B from the Saudis?). And at the end of it all, he tried to overturn, and certainly undermined, an election. How he is 'the guy' for the Republicans is beyond me.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

No, hoopleheads that donate $5 to a grifter will get him reelected, and he will do nothing for them.

83% of Americans think Biden is to old. Trump is Trump and his base is about 30%. My hope is that Joe Manchin and Nicki Haley can craft a independent centrist party that can win in 2024. Lots can happen between now and when they will have to make that decision. It appears to me that neither Biden or Trump are all that healthy both physically or mentally. Biden takes lots of questions on his mental capacity but a fair question might be what Trump's mental state is? Without Biden the Dems could win. Without Trump the center comes back to the GOP and they win. If both Biden and Trump run the American people might actually recognize that they have to elect a centrist leadership of a combined Dem and GOP. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Musk is free speech but wants to sue companies that have suspended advertising on X.

He is a hypocrite.

Musk threatens ‘thermonuclear lawsuit’ as X ad boycott gathers pace

https://www.politico.eu/article/elon-musk-threatens-thermonuclear-lawsuit-twitter-x-ad-boycott-media-matters/

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

83% of Americans think Biden is to old. Trump is Trump and his base is about 30%. My hope is that Joe Manchin and Nicki Haley can craft a independent centrist party that can win in 2024. Lots can happen between now and when they will have to make that decision. It appears to me that neither Biden or Trump are all that healthy both physically or mentally. Biden takes lots of questions on his mental capacity but a fair question might be what Trump's mental state is? Without Biden the Dems could win. Without Trump the center comes back to the GOP and they win. If both Biden and Trump run the American people might actually recognize that they have to elect a centrist leadership of a combined Dem and GOP. 

Agreed on all this. That would be an interesting ticket for sure.

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

The basic problem with Trump, and has been from the start, is that he hates half the people in the world minimum.

Therefore, not fit to lead. 

I'd take that even further, and say that those he doesn't hate, he seeks to defraud.  Which again, therefore, is not fit to lead.

• Cheers 2