US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Not really, few years back in Louisiana 1 Black teenager went into water, 5 of his friends jumped to save him.

All 6 drowned because they didn’t know how to swim.

Of all the races in the U.S, Black people have the least amount of people that know how to swim.

Some of Tafari’s instagram post years before he drowned indicated that he just recently learned how to swim.

My buddy from Chicago couldn't swim until he moved to Canada. HIs daughter is one of the top junior swimmers in the province now 😄

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

She could have though, with her immense butt cheeks. You must concede that.

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit....but was she wearing gloves?

+1 for recognizing the absurdity of the entire line of discussion....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Olli Juolevi said:

There's not enough AA batteries on Earth to satisfy the city of Philadelphia's bloodlust.

I suspect Marge's mother closed her eyes and imagined it was another baby latched on when she was nursing.

For Flyin' Ted, I'd hope they break out the D cells.....

• Haha 2

Bill has commented on his wife's double bird salute at a ufc event.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/11/19/23967433/comedian-bill-burr-reacts-to-wife-flipping-off-donald-trump-in-viral-ufc-295-moment

“I don’t know about you but I came there to go to the fights,” Burr said. “I didn’t know I was going to the Republican National Convention.”

Regardless of the uproar surrounding the incident, Burr obviously backed his wife, calling her “hilarious” for her actions while also taking a shot at the offended Trump supporters.

“It’s like those Trump guys — they’re always going, ‘You snowflakes, eff your feelings,’ and all of that, and then you make fun of Trump and they’re like, ‘Oh my God, that’s so disrespectful!’” Burr said.

Well said Bill.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:23 PM, CBH1926 said:

Elon has always been a dick.

Just because he made billions by selling ugly ass cars, doesn’t make him any more special.

Twitter sucks too, I got kicked out for calling MTG “see you next Tuesday” 

I was suspended for calling her 'Spork-Foot' and suggesting something about a ball gag... oh, and something about tar and feathers. Twitter DOES suck a helluva lot more with Musk as owner/dictator.

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I was suspended for calling her 'Spork-Foot' and suggesting something about a ball gag... oh, and something about tar and feathers. Twitter DOES suck a helluva lot more with Musk as owner/dictator.

One time, someone posted a video of a woman sucking on another woman's foot in public, sitting on the patio of a restaurant. All i said was i hope she gets bromodrosis, which is just a foot fungal disorder. Its like saying i hope she gets bad breathe. They said it was wishing harm on someone....really?

Thats the type of reaction they get when they suck on someones foot in public from almost any one, it's disgusting, probably how covid started.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

One time, someone posted a video of a woman sucking on another woman's foot in public, sitting on the patio of a restaurant. All i said was i hope she gets bromodrosis, which is just a foot fungal disorder. Its like saying i hope she gets bad breathe. They said it was wishing harm on someone....really?

Thats the type of reaction they get when they suck on someones foot in public from almost any one, it's disgusting, probably how covid started.

Sounds like a medication adjustment. 

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

On the positive note, at least it was only a foot that she was sucking on.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

On the positive note, at least it was only a foot that she was sucking on.

True, it could have been a much worse part of the anatomy. They could get a room but they were trying to get attention. 

31 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

Sounds like a medication adjustment. 

I think the mod misunderstood what bromodrosis is. Maybe they thought it was cancer or something, they could have googled it.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

BRB looking up the photo....for science reasons...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

I think it's Tarantino

image.png.1940047dfc5945657feabe650bc52cbb.png

QT: I've always wanted to suck on Salma Hayek's toes....oooh let me make a role for her as a vampire stripper and suck on dem toes!!!!  

I am not adverse to feet by any means. Not exactly my thing but to each their own. But I thought the fetish joke was worth making 😄 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2023 at 11:10 PM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Cnn is still the most visited news website on the planet for what it's worth. 

On 11/19/2023 at 12:24 AM, Sabrefan1 said:

CNN International is still respected in most of the rest of the Western and other parts in world so that doesn't surprise me. 

The CNN here in the US has prioritized viewership for profits like any other US corporate division.  Same as everyone other newsroom now that they are corporate controlled. 

Problem is that they aren't trusted or liked as much in the US as they once were.

OK.  I just checked out of curiosity, the most visited websites in the US.  CNN is the top news website here too.  I've got some rethinking and research to do.  How are they bottom 2 in viewers on TV but so visited on the web...

On 11/19/2023 at 1:12 AM, Rob Eh said:

Paid bots, twitter was rife with them before Elon cleaned it up. Easiest trick in the book, i used to get solicited daily from music promotion companies. They sell likes, views and comments, thats how they trick the alga-rythym. That why music is so terrible today and why CNN has those numbers on the internet but not on cable TV.

It's how the payola scam works on the internet too. The Payola scam was the record labels paying the radio stations to play their music ten times a day. The internet is no different. What some sites do is hire people to listen to your stuff so it bumps your alga-rythym. They also get paid, its crazy.

OK.  I put way too much reading and thinking into this only to come to the same conclusion I originally did about the CNN website that I crossed out in my post.... lol

No matter how much I read and looked into it, everything eventually pointed back to the same thing...

I would bet my bottom dollar that the vast majority of CNN clicks are from foreign CNN International.

It's the only thing that reconciles with what we know.

It's no secret that the US isn't exactly chalk full of "readers".  Domestically CNN sucks as far as viewership.  The only thing that makes sense is that the CNN website gets cross promoted and linked to internationally through the extremely popular (everywhere but the US) CNN International.

CNN itself isn't going to advertise (or at least honestly if they are smart) to online ad marketers that their clicks are non-US because their revenues would take a hit.

Even though it drives me nuts personally, the rest of the world has a fascination with the US and CNN is the name that they trust to deliver their "fix".

There's no way that the clicks are bought.  It's too risky to get caught and lose serious credibility because that would have no chance of staying a secret.

• Like 1

‘Leftist Sons Of B*tches, Be Afraid!’ Trump, Tucker Carlson, Marjorie Taylor Greene, & Online Conservatives Celebrate Argentina’s New Far-Right President

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/leftist-sons-of-btches-be-afraid-trump-tucker-carlson-marjorie-taylor-greene-online-conservatives-celebrate-argentinas-new-far-right-president/

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘Leftist Sons Of B*tches, Be Afraid!’ Trump, Tucker Carlson, Marjorie Taylor Greene, & Online Conservatives Celebrate Argentina’s New Far-Right President

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/leftist-sons-of-btches-be-afraid-trump-tucker-carlson-marjorie-taylor-greene-online-conservatives-celebrate-argentinas-new-far-right-president/

Yes because as we all know, the US and Argentina are mirror versions of one another... :picard:

once again, Bone Spurs proves that there is no lie he won't tell....

Now he's claiming he won all 50 states in the 2020 election:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-claims-won-50-states-152719454.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFGnpTIpJ1JZ1CRdRdWvPEz56Zn_QcntPSILbgBzQuLHXACBEqKx8oz6806dXq66SbGo2G-8VH5_6LJ-l1rstb_3QDbpjuLDJByBDekDpHiAJ_jyPxyIPJD-H4rs2VTBRzLCH2hy_LNQ8D9RYnRKAVkpTVWLiug-hzDc1uUr5lY5

.....and of course the rubes that make up his base will believe him....:picard:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sabrefan what do you think of Mike Pompeo? Was he any good as Secretary of State? 

I can't speak for Sabre, but it's worth noting that Pompeo was one of the guys pushing hardest for the assassination of Iranian Major General, Qasem Soleimani. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Qasem_Soleimani

Pompeo said afterward that the strike was necessary to thwart an imminent attack being planned by Quds Force, but as usual, Bone Spurs couldn't stick to the agreed upon story, saying that there were several attacks planned. (I believe the number he cited was 4, but I can't say for sure)

Lets forget for a moment all the talk about how there were "no wars" under the Trump presidency and how an assassination of a foreign general from a country you are not at war with puts that statement to the test, one also has to remember how a panicked Iranian defense force shot down a Ukrainian flight (killing several Canadians, BTW) believing it to be another airstrike directed against them.

I'll leave it for others to decide if MP was "good".....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sabrefan what do you think of Mike Pompeo? Was he any good as Secretary of State? 

He's a former CIA director so he's not ignorant of the world, but he was fairly unremarkable as the head of the State Department.

There was no real need for him to do anything extraordinary though because Trump didn't start any middle east wars and Trump dealt with his counterparts around the world himself rather than asking Pompeo to do it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's a former CIA director so he's not ignorant of the world, but he was fairly unremarkable as the head of the State Department.

There was no real need for him to do anything extraordinary though because Trump didn't start any middle east wars and Trump dealt with his counterparts around the world himself rather than asking Pompeo to do it.

Trump was too busy bending over for dictators while waging a war against democracy in the US.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2