US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

55 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

While I suspect the Dems will make a push to get Biden to leave I don't know how the GOP can deal with Trump. Physically Trump does not look good and mentally I wouldn't know because I don't listen to his stuff. Still hoping that a unity ticket of Manchin and Haley take center ground and form a government. 

Biden is a centrist. Maybe even right of center. 

10 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Fox News Commentator Roasted After Blaming Biden for $90 Turkeys

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-commentator-roasted-after-blaming-biden-for-90-turkeys/

The Bulwark’s Bill Kristol, attempted to set the record straight on what they claimed was the true cost of a gobbler, as backed up by Fortune, which claimed, “Turkey prices will be lower for Thanksgiving 2023.”

“’Turkey costs per pound fell to $1.25 in September 2023, down 43 cents from a year earlier, according to the most recent data available from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.’ Unless the turkey he bought was 70 pounds, this turkey overpaid for his turkey,” Kristol posted.

To prove his point, Chaffetz posted his own photo of the nearly 23-pound “premium young turkey” he bought from Meiers for $114.02 — even more than the originally claimed $90.

Mediaite’s own Colby Hall figured Chaffetz must have purchased a “bougie woke turkey,” since the packaging claimed the bird had been “thoughtfully raised on sustainable family farms.”

Last week we paid .69 lb on sale or $8.97 for a 13 lb turkey at Fred Meyers in Bellingham. This week’s price is back up to $1.25 per lb.

• Cheers 2

55 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I suspect Harris may get dropped from the ticket though I don't know yet who might replace here.   With both of these fogies I think voters will be conscious of who will be 'a heartbeat away from the presidency'.   Well maybe not the MAGA crowd as I'm sure many of them truly believe his recent doctor's  note.

That might work.

Oregon Judge Rules That Voter-Approved Gun Control Law Violates The State Constitution

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/us-oregon-gun-law-trial_n_655d37f5e4b0c0333bedfd93

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A voter-approved Oregon gun control law violates the state constitution, a judge ruled Tuesday, continuing to block it from taking effect and casting fresh doubt over the future of the embattled measure.

The law, one of the toughest in the nation, was among the first gun restrictions to be passed after a major U.S. Supreme Court ruling last year changed the guidance judges are expected to follow when considering Second Amendment cases.

The decision was handed down by Circuit Court Judge Robert S. Raschio, the presiding judge in Harney County in rural southeast Oregon.

The law requires people to undergo a criminal background check and complete a gun safety training course in order to obtain a permit to buy a firearm. It also bans high-capacity magazines.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gurn said:

I used to work with a Ukraine born, Russian trained officer; who would say "Stalin was a great man; but not a good man'.

There are many people accomplished great things, but were not good people.

Quick list:

Henry Ford- as previously mentioned

Bobby Fischer- former best in  the world in Chess,- ended up either going insane, or just revealing stuff he'd kept bottled up for years.

Michael Jackson, made some wonderful music-yet what about all the accusations?

Stalin- led his country in their darkest hour-yet was busy killing millions of his own populace, prior to ww2--to the point Germany should have just let him continue. Why lose your own army, when your enemy is killing themselves?

I'll add one to your list:

Duncan Keith- Helped Canada win two Olympic Gold medals.....but hey, Duncan Keith....

• ThereItIs 2

6 hours ago, Wiggums said:

What kind of Bizzaro world are we living in?

You guys are mocking Trump for his blabbering speeches and speculating about dementia and bad health?  Meanwhile the guy who is actually in charge right now literally blabbers and might literally have dementia?  Do people just love hating on Trump so much that they completely ignore Biden? The guy literally can't talk without squinting at a teleprompter and there's a drum roll playing every time he walks toward a case of stairs.  It's sad watching him being trotted out there like he is

What you seem to be missing is that the Right has been going on about "Sleepy Joe" and his so-called lack of cognitive ability ever since he beat Bone Spurs in 2020.  But lately their boy sounds like Porky Pig in Kindergarten every time he opens his lying pie hole...

That's why people are bringing it up. His recent gaffes and stream of consciousness nonsense are exactly what he regularly mocks JB for. Now the shoe is on the other foot and people are pointing it out. (and rightly so)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Now that is a good question.

I think people are just pointing out that Trump is old and sometimes confused after hearing Trump tell us all over and over again that Biden is old and sometimes confused.

I think we all know who is old.  I also think we can spot hypocrisy, irony, and confusion when we see it.

Well, we can.....but apparently some folks can't....:classic_unsure:

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

While I suspect the Dems will make a push to get Biden to leave I don't know how the GOP can deal with Trump. Physically Trump does not look good and mentally I wouldn't know because I don't listen to his stuff. Still hoping that a unity ticket of Manchin and Haley take center ground and form a government. 

They had their chance to deal with Trump after Jan 6th, but were too cowardly (outside of Liz Cheney and a couple of others) to do the right thing.

Now they're stuck with a 350 lb albatross who doesn't know the difference between Hungary and Turkiye.....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

It'd be funny if Barack Obama were to be the VP candidate on Biden's ticket.  It's been untested as to the constitutionality of such a move, so maybe it's time to give it a test.  :hurhur:

My guess is that it would fail. The Veep has to be prepared to take over the Presidency if anything happens to POTUS....

4 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

MSNBC Host Cracks Up Studio Roasting Trump For Bragging ‘Hannibal Lecter’ Loves Trump

https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/msnbc-host-cracks-up-studio-roasting-trump-for-bragging-hannibal-lecter-loves-trump/

ALI VELSHI: Then there was this at a rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, this month.

DONALD TRUMP: Has anybody seen Silence of the Lambs? Hannibal Lecter. How great an actor was he? You know why I like him? Because he said on television on an — one of the — “I love Donald Trump!”.

So I love him! I love him!

ALI VELSHI: Hannibal Lecter said that.

It does seem that Trump got mixed up about the actor who played the cannibal in the 1991 film. But who really knows? Because Anthony Hopkins never actually publicly supported Trump.

Neither did Mads Mikkelsen or Brian Cox, the other actors who portrayed Hannibal Lecter in the past.

In fact, Cox is on record calling Donald Trump a, quote, “effing a-hole and, quote, “so full of” rhymes with spit.

I think the original Hannibal might have been a Trump fan....

You know, Make Carthage Great Again......and of course there's the whole elephant - republican thing.....:classic_unsure:

6 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

You realize that it is a response.  MAGA and TRUMP go on and on about Biden.  How old and decrepit he is.  TRUMP's the one who trots out these "doctors" who say he's 6' 3", 230 lbs and in perfect health.  Goes on about his cognitive health or do you forget him bragging about "person, woman, man, camera, tv.  

90% percent of this thread is about Trump, don't deny it.

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Elon Musk is now boosting the ‘Pizzagate’ conspiracy theory

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/20/tech/elon-musk-boosting-pizzagate-conspiracy-theory/index.html

Elon kicked all the pedophiles off of twitter in the first two weeks, right after firing droves of useless employees that couldn't get it done for years and years. Radio silence from his detractors about that.

2 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

90% percent of this thread is about Trump, don't deny it.

Yup. There’s some weird fixation with “The Donald” from all sides of the spectrum. He’s clearly one sick MOFU. IMHAO he will lose to Biden. And thsn the heavens for that. Biden is what our world needs. He’s proven that. Trump would be a disaster. 

Elon kicked all the pedophiles off of twitter in the first two weeks, right after firing droves of useless employees that couldn't get it done for years and years. Radio silence from his detractors about that.

Musk is another MOFU. Never heard of this guy until a couple years ago. 

26 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

What you seem to be missing is that the Right has been going on about "Sleepy Joe" and his so-called lack of cognitive ability ever since he beat Bone Spurs in 2020.  But lately their boy sounds like Porky Pig in Kindergarten every time he opens his lying pie hole...

That's why people are bringing it up. His recent gaffes and stream of consciousness nonsense are exactly what he regularly mocks JB for. Now the shoe is on the other foot and people are pointing it out. (and rightly so)

Do you have a nick name for Bill Clintons draft dodging too?

21 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

They had their chance to deal with Trump after Jan 6th, but were too cowardly (outside of Liz Cheney and a couple of others) to do the right thing.

Now they're stuck with a 350 lb albatross who doesn't know the difference between Hungary and Turkiye.....

Do you know who Liz Cheney's father is?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. There’s some weird fixation with “The Donald” from all sides of the spectrum. He’s clearly one sick MOFU. IMHAO he will lose to Biden. And thsn the heavens for that. Biden is what our world needs. He’s proven that. Trump would be a disaster. 

I don't come to this thread because every single time its a 'bone spurs' discussion.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rob Eh said:

Who doesn't? That Cheney vs Trump shit white washed her no doubt. She voted with him like 95% of the time. Really the one good thing she did was go against him. Shiet she even sold out her gay sister.

5 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Do you have a nick name for Bill Clintons draft dodging too?

Is Bill Clinton running for president? I hadn't heard....

I've also never heard him call soldiers "losers"....

3 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I do. Not sure what that has to do with anything, though....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I don't come to this thread because every single time its a 'bone spurs' discussion.

“Bone Spurs”! That’s too funny. “The Donald hid from military service because of that didn’t he? That guy is one big orange Baby Whiner COWARD. 
IMHAO the US voters will see him for what he truly is and te-elect Biden. And the world will breathe better. Biden is a great man and true leader. 

3 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I mean trump is leading in the polls to become the next POTUS.

Kinda makes sense that he is being discussed in the US politics thread.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1