US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Trump Lashes Out At ‘The Atlantic’ After Brutal Article Details His Recent Rhetoric: ‘Frighteningly Clear About What He Wants’

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-the-atlantic-after-brutal-article-details-his-recent-rhetoric-frighteningly-clear-about-what-he-wants/

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Cheers 1

Yet another example of the corruption of the Trump White House:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/was-the-trump-white-house-selling-pardons-opinion/ar-AA1kB1VS?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=6fd4903a357d4c0e9538e8c163da064c&ei=32

In a lawsuit filed earlier this year by Noelle Dunphy, a former employee of Rudy Giuliani, she asserts under oath that Giuliani was offering people pardons for $2 million, the money to be split 50/50 between him and Trump. As the lawsuit itself claims:

“[Giuliani] asked Ms. Dunphy if she knew anyone in need of a pardon, telling her that he was selling pardons for $2 million, which he and President Trump would split.”

The suit further alleges Giuliani told Dunphy that she should avoid the normal channels for handling pardons, including the Office of the Pardon Attorney (yes, there is such a job in the White House), “because those communications would otherwise be subject to Freedom of Information Act requests.”

But Dunphy wasn’t the only one blowing the whistle that Trump was hustling pardons out of the White House for $2 million a pop. As Phillip Bump wrote for The Washington Post earlier this year:

“The allegation that Giuliani was offering pardons for $2 million has been made before. In January 2021, shortly before Trump left office, the New York Times reported that former CIA officer John Kiriakou had been ‘told that Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani could help him secure a pardon for $2 million.’ Kiriakou rejected the request, but an associate worried about the legality of such an offer tipped off the FBI. Kiriakou was not granted a pardon.”

Just imagine the shambles this crook would leave US democracy in, knowing he can't run again after his term ends. (Unless he succeeds in getting rid of term limits and installs himself as POTUS for life)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I don't think anyone here is denying Biden's age.   America seems to be facing a choice between two old men.  Of these two old men:

Only one of the two is a narcissist, a misogynist, and an election cheat who attempted to circumvent the Constitution is his favour.  

Only one of the two help start a riot in the Capital building and hired most of the others who also helped.

Only one of the two suggested the American public consume bleach and has made disparaging remarks on the appearance of his opponent's wives.

Only one of the two is favored by Putin and was by most accounts assisted by him and his internet disinformation brigade in 2016. (If true one would have to ask why?)

Only one of the two posts vindictive tweets at 2 am calling on his followers to gang up on his detractors. 

Despite the GOP's best efforts, only one of the two is facing multiple indictments.

There are more differences between these two but those are enough for me.   I'm not American but I know who I'd choose.

Trump is full of shit.  He despises everyone and will say anything  and the Cult actually believes him.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Top Evangelical Slams Trump, Says He’s Done For in Hawkeye State: ‘I Believe Iowa Will Rise Up’ Against Him

https://www.mediaite.com/news/top-evangelical-slams-trump-says-hes-done-for-in-hawkeye-state-i-believe-iowa-will-rise-up-against-him/

I'll believe it when I see the exit polls in 2024. I'm pretty certain he could defecate on the Bible jn public and it'll cost him 0 votes with his base. Anything else is just to put people into a false sense of security.

My American friends, please vote.

55 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

It Looks Like Donald Trump Still Wants To Repeal Obamacare

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-repeal-obamacare_n_6564b38ae4b05f498ba14c31

Insurance for tens of millions of people, and pre-existing condition guarantees, could be in jeopardy if the former president wins the 2024 election.

Well, he's had 8 years to come up with a plan....maybe he actually has one this time....

....but I doubt it....

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Well, he's had 8 years to come up with a plan....maybe he actually has one this time....

....but I doubt it....

His only version of a "plan" is to come up with speeches that hypnotize his base.

ie. I doubt he ever cared if a wall was built or not.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, The Lock said:

His only version of a "plan" is to come up with speeches that hypnotize his base.

ie. I doubt he ever cared if a wall was built or not.

He definitely never had a plan for replacing the ACA....if he had been successful in killing it, he probably would have put Kushner on it, or someone else equally unqualified....

....but I don't agree about the Wall. If he wins in 2024, I'd bet the Mortgage that he gets right back on that horse. In his mind (or what passes for one) it's his "Mount Rushmore". I wouldn't even put it past him to put his name on it....

6 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Only one of the two is favored by Putin and was by most accounts assisted by him and his internet disinformation brigade in 2016. (If true one would have to ask why?)

To me there isn't a doubt in the world Putin did all he could with the disinformation campaign to get Trump elected if not for any other reason than that he saw Trump as a destabilizer of NATO.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

To me there isn't a doubt in the world Putin did all he could with the disinformation campaign to get Trump elected if not for any other reason than that he saw Trump as a destabilizer of NATO.

I think he probably looks at getting Trump elected as one of his most significant accomplishments....

5 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

He definitely never had a plan for replacing the ACA....if he had been successful in killing it, he probably would have put Kushner on it, or someone else equally unqualified....

....but I don't agree about the Wall. If he wins in 2024, I'd bet the Mortgage that he gets right back on that horse. In his mind (or what passes for one) it's his "Mount Rushmore". I wouldn't even put it past him to put his name on it....

He'd be right back on track as it would be a way to energize his base. It would be a way for him to brag and draw attention. Unless if he was able to name it after himself, I doubt he cares fully about the wall itself. He wants the attention from it. That's just how I see him.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 3

10 hours ago, The Lock said:

He'd be right back on track as it would be a way to energize his base. It would be a way for him to brag and draw attention. Unless if he was able to name it after himself, I doubt he cares fully about the wall itself. He wants the attention from it. That's just how I see him.

Yeah, I think you've nailed it there.....he doesn't care about policy at all. Only what he can personally gain from it.

I think the Russia - Ukraine war is a good example. He says he could "fix" it with one meeting between him and the two leaders.....of course that means ceding a bunch of territory to the Russians. That isn't good for Ukraine, nor is it good for NATO, but that isn't what's important to him....

What's important, is for him to be seen as the hero, even if it screws over a lot of common people.

Of course we know, Zelenskyy will never agree to any hare-brained scheme of Trump's, but that's immaterial. It would just be blamed on "Ukrainian hardliners", ir the "Deep State", or whatever.....but it won't be his fault.

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 3

When affirmative action and DEI meets reality on the streets of Chiraq... uumm, I mean Chicago.  He was finally tracked down and arrested by more cops who showed up later.

This attempt at an arrest really is sad to watch because these women should not have been sent without a male to assist them, but I have to be honest; when a fat and/or out of shape guy with a badge fails to arrest someone because his arms barely reach past his belly, it's hilarious and I laugh like a hyena every time.

https://torontosun.com/news/world/chicago-cops-fitness-questioned-after-shoplifter-evades-four-officers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12792495/Chicago-police-suspect-overweight-cops-female-scuffle.html

Edited by Sabrefan1