US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

QOP: We want Hunter to testify, here is a subpoena.

HUNTER:  Sure, let's do it publicly.

QOP:  No...No...Not like that.

What a bunch of clowns the QOP are.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/hunter-biden-agrees-testify-house-oversight-committee-rcna126962

Hunter Biden agrees to testify publicly before the House Oversight Committee

House Republicans had requested a closed-door interview, but a lawyer for the president's son proposed testifying at a hearing instead.
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/hunter-biden-agrees-testify-house-oversight-committee-rcna126962

House Republicans had requested a closed-door interview, but a lawyer for the president's son proposed testifying at a hearing instead.

I was SO torn on this originally but holy hell, YES!! Brilliant chess move against the HOC who wanted it done behind closed doors so they could twist/manipulate/fabricate anything said or revealed to reflect their baseless accusations against Joe Biden. The MAGA moron HOC-ers are going to come off, (once again and STILL) looking like the buffoons and morally/mentally deficient idiots they are. 

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Donald Trump Says He Never Swore Oath 'to Support the Constitution'

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-oath-support-constitution-colorado-insurrection-1847482

"Don't believe your eyes and what tens of millions of people watched on television in real time....just listen to what I'm telling you, instead!! Fake News!! Lying Media!!"

55 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

It's even more infuriating that Congress creates and passes laws and regulations the exact same way that affects over a quarter of a billion people.  These crooks like to do things in secret.

As for Hunter Biden, they don't want to get caught with their pants down like they did the last time when they interviewed a former friend of his.  They want to be able to get everything they can from him and then cherry pick certain information in a public hearing.

I think there's more to the story that we don't know with the foreign Biden money, but I don't exactly trust the GOP to get to the bottom of it and you can't do it in a bipartisan way because one side will be hell bent on proving guilt while the other will be hell bent on protecting "their guy".  Nobody on Capitol Hill wants to actually  get to the truth.

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Heavy dose of irony in the statement below:

Comer pushed back at Lowell’s letter in a Tuesday morning statement posted to X: “Hunter Biden is trying to play by his own rules instead of following the rules required of everyone else. That won’t stand with House Republicans.”

Comer is apparently unaware that his Republican colleague on the Oversight Committee, Gym Jordan defied a subpoena from the Jan 6th Committee.

https://dayton247now.com/news/local/rep-jim-jordan-urbana-ohio-violated-house-ethics-defying-subpoenas-january-6-committee

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's even more infuriating that Congress creates and passes laws and regulations the exact same way that affects over a quarter of a billion people.  These crooks like to do things in secret.

As for Hunter Biden, they don't want to get caught with their pants down like they did the last time when they interviewed a former friend of his.  They want to be able to get everything they can from him and then cherry pick certain information in a public hearing.

I think there's more to the story that we don't know with the foreign Biden money, but I don't exactly trust the GOP to get to the bottom of it and you can't do it in a bipartisan way because one side will be hell bent on proving guilt while the other will be hell bent on protecting "their guy".  Nobody on Capitol Hill wants to actually  get to the truth.

So Sleepy Joe is involved in a complex scheme that funneled foreign money to himself in exchange for favors while he was VP and while he was out of political office.  So complex, that the QOP after all this time and resources spent investigating this matter, cannot connect the dots.  Yes, Hunter is a troubled individual who did messed up stuff.  How is that connected to Joe besides the blood relative connection?  LLC's?  Loans?  What favors exactly?

Yet, even the Chair Comer has LLC's and had "loans" to his brother.  

Man, Sleepy Joe is one devious criminal in the minds of QOP members.  Tell us again how Jared is squeaky clean.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

So Sleepy Joe is involved in a complex scheme that funneled foreign money to himself in exchange for favors while he was VP and while he was out of political office.  So complex, that the QOP after all this time and resources spent investigating this matter, cannot connect the dots.  Yes, Hunter is a troubled individual who did messed up stuff.  How is that connected to Joe besides the blood relative connection?  LLC's?  Loans?  What favors exactly?

Man, Sleepy Joe is one devious criminal in the minds of QOP members.  Tell us again how Jared is squeaky clean.

Jared is guilty as f*ck and should be wearing bright orange along with his wife.  The Saudi's don't just give away 2 billion USD for no reason.  The Democrats need to follow that money trail if they ever get both houses of Congress back.

As for President Joe, I have a tough time believing that he is totally ignorant of his son's dealings in foreign countries.  Is it plausible that he just talked over the phone about the weather and other random things to random people his son would hand the phone over to?  If you believe so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Edited by Sabrefan1
grammar and spelling
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Jamie Raskin is brilliant!!

Brilliant for stating the obvious.  The GOP wasn't prepared and wanted to cherry pick parts of his testimony for a future impeachment hearing.  They're looking for political revenge and advantage but weren't properly prepared to exact either.

Their timing isn't a coincidence.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

This is the part of the right wing narrative that doesn't add up. Not only did JB pull off the above scam, be he also somehow managed to rig a national election, changing millions of Trump votes to Biden votes, all without leaving a trail and all while being "cognitively impaired".....

He must be some kind of savant.....he can't remember what day it is, but he can pull off brilliant crimes and get away with it.....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Heavy dose of irony in the statement below:

Comer is apparently unaware that his Republican colleague on the Oversight Committee, Gym Jordan defied a subpoena from the Jan 6th Committee.

https://dayton247now.com/news/local/rep-jim-jordan-urbana-ohio-violated-house-ethics-defying-subpoenas-january-6-committee

Not to mention the selective amnesia of the ones who actually showed up. Both side though...

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

This is the part of the right wing narrative that doesn't add up. Not only did JB pull off the above scam, be he also somehow managed to rig a national election, changing millions of Trump votes to Biden votes, all without leaving a trail and all while being "cognitively impaired".....

He must be some kind of savant.....he can't remember what day it is, but he can pull off brilliant crimes and get away with it.....:classic_rolleyes:

It's like the argument that Jan 6th was ANTIFA.  Then those same people complain about the treatment of the Jan 6th defendants and prisoners.  Those same people then say that the Jan 6th prisoners should be released and pardoned.

But, aren't they ANTIFA?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

When affirmative action and DEI meets reality on the streets of Chiraq... uumm, I mean Chicago.  He was finally tracked down and arrested by more cops who showed up later.

This attempt at an arrest really is sad to watch because these women should not have been sent without a male to assist them, but I have to be honest; when a fat and/or out of shape guy with a badge fails to arrest someone because his arms barely reach past his belly, it's hilarious and I laugh like a hyena every time.

https://torontosun.com/news/world/chicago-cops-fitness-questioned-after-shoplifter-evades-four-officers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12792495/Chicago-police-suspect-overweight-cops-female-scuffle.html

Yeah, because there's no fat white cops. Memphis has a crime rate more than double that of Chicago, let's start there. 

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

The voting machine narrative has been thoroughly debunked.  Only the dumbest and most fervent of Trumpers actually believe and still pedal that nonsense.  Fox News already got stung in court for hundreds of millions for repeating that stupidity on air.  Not to mention old man Murdoch was booted from his job by his own board.

As for the Biden thing, I think it's most likely that Joe is worried about another one of his children killing himself one way or another and is doing what he believes is helping his son.  He doesn't need or even want the details, all he needed to do was only one time tell Hunter in private to "put them on the phone with me".  That gives the appearance that Joe is part of his sons plan without actually being a part.  Joe knows how that game works because he played it in the Senate for decades with lobbyists and donors.  Hunter gets money and Joe technically stays clean because the letter of the law wasn't broken.   He made his millions as a member of the Senate so he has no need to take any of Hunter's income.

That's where the GOP is getting roadblocked in my opinion.  Joe never actually took any of the money because he didn't need it and Hunter likely never kept financial records past whatever he was making for his no-show jobs with foreign companies.  No-show jobs aren't illegal and are fairly common for favors rendered even in the US.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Yeah, because there's no fat white cops. Memphis has a crime rate more than double that of Chicago, let's start there. 

Did you just ignore this part of my post?

but I have to be honest; when a fat and/or out of shape guy with a badge fails to arrest someone because his arms barely reach past his belly, it's hilarious and I laugh like a hyena every time.

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The voting machine narrative has been thoroughly debunked.  Only the dumbest and most fervent of Trumpers actually believe and still pedal that nonsense.  Fox News already got stung in court for hundreds of millions for repeating that stupidity on air.  Not to mention old man Murdoch was booted from his job by his own board.

As for the Biden thing, I think it's most likely that Joe is worried about another one of his children killing himself one way or another and is doing what he believes is helping his son.  He doesn't need or even want the details, all he needed to do was only one time tell Hunter in private to "put them on the phone with me".  That gives the appearance that Joe is part of his sons plan without actually being a part.  Joe knows how that game works because he played it in the Senate for decades with lobbyists and donors.  Hunter gets money and Joe technically stays clean because the letter of the law wasn't broken.   He made his millions as a member of the Senate so he has no need to take any of Hunter's income.

That's where the GOP is getting roadblocked in my opinion.  Joe never actually took any of the money because he didn't need it and Hunter likely never kept financial records past whatever he was making for his no-show jobs with foreign companies.  No-show jobs aren't illegal and are fairly common for favors rendered even in the US.

You sure about that?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2023/03/14/republicans-increasingly-realize-theres-no-evidence-of-election-fraud-but-most-still-think-2020-election-was-stolen-anyway-poll-finds/?sh=7a19745828ec

The CNN poll, conducted March 8-12 among 1,045 Republicans and Republican-leaning Independents, found 63% of respondents believe Biden did not legitimately win the 2020 election, while 37% believe he did.

As far as your "theory" about Joe Biden, I don't share it.

"The truth shall set you free!".....or at least Donald Trump hopes it will.

Remember back when American Intelligence agencies concluded that Russia helped Trump win in 2016? Remember how fervently Trump and his acolytes disputed that claim? Now it seems as though they're pointing their fingers at Vlad for stirring up the Jan 6th crowd.....:classic_rolleyes:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-finally-pins-the-blame-on-putin-in-new-bid-to-stay-out-of-jail/ar-AA1kFklB?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3def8e1b872848a9a9ef77642c347152&ei=97

• Upvote 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Oh good God, I give people more credit than I should...  *facepalm*

As far as your "theory" about Joe Biden, I don't share it.

Fair enough.  It's of course just a guess on my part.  I have an opinion, but I don't actually care about it since I'm all but positive Joe never took a penny anyways.  As for Hunter, he's likely to die early because of his drug habit and you can't take your money into the afterlife.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Oh good God, I give people more credit than I should...  *facepalm*

I should point out that the CNN poll happened a while ago and the Forbes article does say that more and more Republicans are admitting that there's no "proof" of a stolen election......but....as we know all too well, feelings outweigh facts in this day and age, and it seems like a majority of the GQP still think their boy got robbed....

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I should point out that the CNN poll happened a while ago and the Forbes article does say that more and more Republicans are admitting that there's no "proof" of a stolen election......but....as we know all too well, feelings outweigh facts in this day and age, and it seems like a majority of the GQP still think their boy got robbed....

I may have a low opinion of CNN, but I don't doubt them on this one.  The radical right is in a constant race to the bottom and are trying to dig even deeper.

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Your statement was racist af and you know it. 

To some it's as*holeish, but not racist.  The word you're looking for is "sexist" but it's not that either.  Fat guys and small women do not belong on the police force.

As for the DEI, my part is the I; "inclusion".  We don't need to include people that can't physically do the job.

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I may have a low opinion of CNN, but I don't doubt them on this one.  The radical right is in a constant race to the bottom and are trying to dig even deeper.

The CNN poll was just the first one that popped up on my google search. I have seen similar numbers from several other polls. The fact is, a majority of Republicans believe (or really want to believe) that the election was stolen. It just appears that after 4 years of waiting, they've given up on seeing any proof.

It's not unlike religion, actually....

• Cheers 1