US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

The CNN poll was just the first one that popped up on my google search. I have seen similar numbers from several other polls. The fact is, a majority of Republicans believe (or really want to believe) that the election was stolen. It just appears that after 4 years of waiting, they've given up on seeing any proof.

It's not unlike religion, actually....

I will never get the idea and practice of partisanship.  It serves no purpose and actually hurts the people who are trying to "win".

Look at the poor Republican run states.  They vote against their own interests all of the time.  The Republican platform is take from the poor (earned benefits and other things that help) to give to the rich (tax cut after tax cut).  Same thing with the Democrat cities that refuse to prosecute crime.  The poor take it on the chin because it's mainly their neighborhoods where these criminals live and commit their crimes.

• Cheers 1

'CLUELESS'

Melania Trump’s outfit sparks outrage at Rosalynn Carter’s funeral as viewers ask ‘why did she even bother coming’

https://www.the-sun.com/news/9735289/

Melania sat in a church pew alongside other former first ladies, including Michelle Obama, Jill Biden and Hillary Clinton, all of whom wore solid black ensembles with black coats.

Obama, Biden and Clinton all arrived at the funeral together, having flown in on the same plane and landing in Dobbins Air Reserve Base Tuesday morning.

A wide-angle shot from the funeral services reveals that, of the people visible, Melania is the only person not wearing primarily black clothes.

The only black clothing that could be seen on the former first lady was a pair of black gloves she had carried in and her black stilettos.

For those watching the services, grieving at home, Melania’s clothing choice was abhorrent and displayed a lack of respect.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

'CLUELESS'

Melania Trump’s outfit sparks outrage at Rosalynn Carter’s funeral as viewers ask ‘why did she even bother coming’

At least it wasn't the one she wore to visit the kids at the immigrant detention center:

image.png.e01d043ebed988dd41c4223ca57b1d2f.png

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

At least it wasn't the one she wore to visit the kids at the immigrant detention center:

image.png.e01d043ebed988dd41c4223ca57b1d2f.png

Honestly I’d much rather see & hear the tributes to Rosalynn. I’ll just say it was nice that she made an appearance and not have her take the focus away from a very fine person.

Glad that the dullard didn’t show up/get invited for the same reason.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

'CLUELESS'

https://www.the-sun.com/news/9735289/

Melania sat in a church pew alongside other former first ladies, including Michelle Obama, Jill Biden and Hillary Clinton, all of whom wore solid black ensembles with black coats.

Obama, Biden and Clinton all arrived at the funeral together, having flown in on the same plane and landing in Dobbins Air Reserve Base Tuesday morning.

A wide-angle shot from the funeral services reveals that, of the people visible, Melania is the only person not wearing primarily black clothes.

The only black clothing that could be seen on the former first lady was a pair of black gloves she had carried in and her black stilettos.

For those watching the services, grieving at home, Melania’s clothing choice was abhorrent and displayed a lack of respect.

I dunno.....seems like people are just looking for something to criticize.

At least Mel showed up....unlike her husband (who definitely wouldn't have been wanted, even though he was invited) and Barry from Kenya....

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I dunno.....seems like people are just looking for something to criticize.

At least Mel showed up....unlike her husband (who definitely wouldn't have been wanted, even though he was invited) and Barry from Kenya....

It's tradition that the ex 1st ladies wear black.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

It's tradition that the ex 1st ladies wear black.

it's traditional that everyone wears black....but I'm having trouble working up any outrage over this.

I stand be my earlier statement. Some people are just looking for something to complain about.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Holy crap.  It's very jarring to see Pres. Carter looking the way he is/does now.  I knew he was in hospice care, but I didn't realize that he looked as poorly as he does.  The guy was still vibrant and helping build homes for the poor into his early 90's. 

He may have been a mediocre president, but he was and has always been a good man who lives a good life.

Edited by Sabrefan1
*is
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Holy crap.  It's very jarring to see Pres. Carter looking the way he does now.  I knew he was in hospice care, but I didn't realize that he looked as poorly as he does.  The guy was still vibrant and helping build homes for the poor into his early 90's. 

He may have been a mediocre president, but he was and has always been a good man who lives a good life.

Ya, I was surprised he's still here, as it was announced back in Feb. that he was entering hospice care.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Ya, I was surprised he's still here, as it was announced back in Feb. that he was entering hospice care.

I'm pulling for Jimmy to make it to 100, but he's got almost a year to go....and it seems like with these couples that have been together that long, when one goes the other isn't far behind....

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Apparently, only TRUMP, Rudy, and Meadows won't be offered plea deals.  The rest have until June next year.  We all know the few who already copped a plea.  Anyone not named above who hasn't got a plea deal, better be getting one ASAP, before the clock strikes done.   Tick tick.

https://www.salon.com/2023/11/28/they-want-them-to-squirm-experts-say-fulton-da-not-offering-plea-deals-signals-news-for/

"They want them to squirm": Experts say Fulton DA not offering plea deals signals bad news for Trump

"If they wait long enough, there is always the chance he will give them more evidence," law professor says

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW: Here's Michelle rocking the Blue at George HW Bush's funeral:

bush-michelle-mint-gty-ps-181205_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg.4ae0290b7ad89f67283037c98fb40ee6.jpg

Dubya didn't seem to have a problem with it.....

One thing to wear a dark navy blue that is almost black and another to wear white to a western style funeral. 

White may be acceptable for east asian funerals. 

49 minutes ago, 24K said:

One thing to wear a dark navy blue that is almost black and another to wear white to a western style funeral. 

White may be acceptable for east asian funerals. 

I agree. It's a good thing nobody was wearing white....

18 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW: Here's Michelle rocking the Blue at George HW Bush's funeral:

bush-michelle-mint-gty-ps-181205_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg.4ae0290b7ad89f67283037c98fb40ee6.jpg

Dubya didn't seem to have a problem with it.....

It is a dark color. Not light grey. There is a difference. Not that I give a shit either way 😄