US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

‘OBAMACARE SUCKS!!!’ Trump Rants About New Plan — Years After He Promised It Was ‘Two Weeks’ Away

https://www.mediaite.com/news/obamacare-sucks-trump-rants-about-new-plan-years-after-he-promised-it-was-two-weeks-away/

Former President Donald Trump ranted about repealing Obamacare and replacing it with “MUCH BETTER HEALTHCARE” — a promise he’s made for more than 8 years without delivering.

When he’s not holding rallies where he generates headlines about parroting the language of Nazi leader Adolf Hitler or still thinking Obama is the president, or giving interviews along similar lines, Trump is a frequent poster to his Truth Social platform. While it lasts.

Those posts usually take the form of text rants with copious use of ALL CAPS WITH EXCLAMATION POINTS about things like “STOLLEN” elections.

On Wednesday morning, Trump went over some very familiar territory when he again slammed Obamacare and promised a better health care plan.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘OBAMACARE SUCKS!!!’ Trump Rants About New Plan — Years After He Promised It Was ‘Two Weeks’ Away

Trump in 2017:

“We have come up with a solution that’s really, really I think very good,” Trump said at a meeting of the nation’s governors at the White House.

“Now, I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject,” he added. “Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.”

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/politics/trump-health-care-complicated/index.html

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

It is a dark color. Not light grey. There is a difference. Not that I give a shit either way 😄 

Me either.....which was the point all along.

Seems like a lot of people do give a shit, though.....judging from all the responses I've gotten.

21 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

it's traditional that everyone wears black....but I'm having trouble working up any outrage over this.

I stand be my earlier statement. Some people are just looking for something to complain about.

Did anyone honestly think a mail order hooker would behave appropriately at a funeral?

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You need help dude. You are seriously angry. I would love to see your reaction if someone called Michelle Obama or Jill Biden a hooker. 

I'm not sure what else to call her.  She has less class than the fine women wandering the streets in Whalley.  Why should I pretend that she deserves to be treated with any respect?

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm not sure what else to call her.  She has less class than the fine women wandering the streets in Whalley.  Why should I pretend that she deserves to be treated with any respect?

Honestly a comment like this says alot more about you than it does her. But you do you boo boo 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Me either.....which was the point all along.

Seems like a lot of people do give a shit, though.....judging from all the responses I've gotten.

Melania knew what she was doing.  She probably got the reaction she wanted too.

This isn't you and me.  Everything they say, do and wear is a calculated decision.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Melania knew what she was doing.  She probably got the reaction she wanted too.

This isn't you and me.  Everything they say, do and wear is a calculated decision.

If you say so.

I have to wonder what "point" she was making and why she thought she had to make it though....:classic_unsure:

Of course he "paid" himself.  Gives himself $40 million so he could pay his $29 million tax bill.  The rest looks like it was for insurance and legal bills.  Was supposed to notify that there were going to be transfers, but of course didn't.  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-caught-moving-money-around-to-pay-massive-tax-bill

Trump Caught Moving Money Around to Pay Massive Tax Bill

HIGH WIRE TRANSFER

Trump wasn't supposed to be moving significant amounts of money around without notifying a court-appointed auditor. He just got caught paying himself so he could pay his taxes.

• Upvote 3
  • ThereItIs 1

35 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

If you say so.

I have to wonder what "point" she was making and why she thought she had to make it though....:classic_unsure:

Are you suggesting Melania didn't put any thought into this?  That she just grabbed whatever coat was within reach and went with it?  You aren't giving these people enough credit.  She's the former First Lady of the United States.  Everything she wears is carefully thought out.

image.png.dbc2347f4317c0f71fa7266ab3895405.png

The point of all this?  Not sure but... probably publicity.  Two presidents and a bunch of First Ladies were there, and... she stole the show.  That's all people are talking about.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Are you suggesting Melania didn't put any thought into this?  That she just grabbed whatever coat was within reach and went with it?  You aren't giving these people enough credit.  She's the former First Lady of the United States.  Everything she wears is carefully thought out.

image.png.dbc2347f4317c0f71fa7266ab3895405.png

The point of all this?  Not sure but... probably publicity.  Two presidents and a bunch of First Ladies were there, and... she stole the show.  That's all people are talking about.

A publicity stunt? At a funeral? I think you're reaching.

I'm not a fan of any of the Trumps, but as I said earlier, I think people are just manufacturing outrage here. But whatever.....you seem pretty sure you know what it was all about, so carry on.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not a fan of any of the Trumps, but as I said earlier, I think people are just manufacturing outrage here. But whatever.....you seem pretty sure you know what it was all about, so carry on.

I agree with you that this is a tempest in a tea pot.   If it was campaign strategy it was pretty minor compared to many other actions in 21st century politics.

I also see other people's points as well.   I can agree that not much goes unplanned with these folks.  I tend to see it as a small dig towards the democrats. 

But whatever.  There are bigger fish to fry than Melania's wardrobe.      

35 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Alright, I don't really understand why you're being so smug about it.  I think it's more reasonable to take the stance that Melania deliberately chose her outfit than... being completely oblivious to funeral attire?  Why do you think she wore what she wore?  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Alright, I don't really understand why you're being so smug about it.  I think it's more reasonable to take the stance that Melania deliberately chose her outfit than... being completely oblivious to funeral attire?  Why do you think she wore what she wore?  

Smug? I think you've got it backwards.....you're the one with the "Do you really think she didn't mean it?" attitude.

I just don't think it's a big deal and I doubt that she meant anything by it.

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Smug? I think you've got it backwards.....you're the one with the "Do you really think she didn't mean it?" attitude.

I just don't think it's a big deal and I doubt that she meant anything by it.

Well, yeah.  She is the former First Lady.  She has a publicist.  Everything she does and wears in public is carefully thought out and coordinated.  Even for you and me - if either of us go to a funeral not wearing black, that was a decision we made, for whatever reason.

It's pretty ignorant to suggest anything she or her husband does/did is completely unintentional.

• Upvote 1