US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

He likes the orange guy.  Tens of millions of people do and will vote for him.  They aren't all terrorist loving people.

Yes, they are.  They're planning on voting for a terrorist who is attempting to Nazify the USA. These pieces of trash should consider themselves lucky they're being treated the same as people.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Yes, they are.  They're planning on voting for a terrorist who is attempting to Nazify the USA. These pieces of trash should consider themselves lucky they're being treated the same as people.

I voted for the Green Party candidate in the last 3 elections and yet I'm not a tree hugging communist.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I didn't say they were terrorists; I said they lovd a terrorist, which they do if they love Trump.

Ah ok.  My fault.  I didn't express myself clearly on the post that you answered.

"They aren't all terrorist loving people."

I meant terrorist as in general terms, not terrorist as in single person.

I think I just aborted the flow of our conversation in record time... lol

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Ah ok.  My fault.  I didn't express myself clearly on the post that you answered.

"They aren't all terrorist loving people."

I meant terrorist as in general terms, not terrorist as in single person.

I think I just aborted the flow of our conversation in record time... lol

At the very best case scenario, they're ok with domestic terrorism.  These are not good people and it's time we stopped pretending any of them are.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At the very best case scenario, they're ok with domestic terrorism.  These are not good people and it's time we stopped pretending any of them are.

I just refuse to condemn tens of millions of people solely for their political leanings.  I'm not that extreme.

25 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

You may want to tap the brakes on Brit Hume if you're a staunch liberal.  He plays on both sides of the fence and uses other's words to do it...

There are plenty of Republicans in Washington that do not want to see Trump win, but they will form a line and kiss his hind quarters just like last time if he does.

So true. They’ll line up to kiss his ass and after being tossed aside spend the remainder of their days wondering why they stink and  trying to rub the shit off their noses. #leopardsatemyface

IMG_0379.jpeg

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I just refuse to condemn tens of millions of people solely for their political leanings.  I'm not that extreme.

Every now and then you gotta let Heff do Heff. 
I think Trump is disgusting. Horrible fella.  
My in laws(Americans), who are both very well educated, and the sweetest people ever…… love trump. 
I really don’t get it.  
The were huge Obama people, then along comes that orange fucktard, and boom.   Republicans.   
It really sucks. 
But, still the nicest, most compassionate and caring people.  
Political leanings don’t make the person. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'll just leave this right here, in case anyone forgot from the long-removed thread on the old site...

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/united-states-election-endorsement-bobby-orr-donald-trump-1.5783723

In a free society it’s fine to endorse whomever one wants to. surpressing a persons choice for who they vote for is not democracy. It’s what a guy like Pootin does. 
Endorse and vote for whomever one wants. And that’s fine. It’s their right in a free society. IMHAO any method to suppress a person’s vote is wrong. We may not like who they vote for, but that’s part of living in a free, safe, and open society. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

In a free society it’s fine to endorse whomever one wants to. surpressing a persons choice for who they vote for is not democracy. It’s what a guy like Pootin does. 
Endorse and vote for whomever one wants. And that’s fine. It’s their right in a free society. IMHAO any method to suppress a person’s vote is wrong. We may not like who they vote for, but that’s part of living in a free, safe, and open society. 

In this case you have someone proven to have tried to subvert the results of a free and fair election. Someone who has convinced far too many people that their votes were stolen from them. That is far too dangerous to let slide. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

In this case you have someone proven to have tried to subvert the results of a free and fair election. Someone who has convinced far too many people that their votes were stolen from them. That is far too dangerous to let slide. 

Sure. But to attempt to suppress a persons choice of who they want to vote for by whatever method is wrong. Just because we don’t like their choice doesn’t give us the right to try and stop them (humiliating or bullying or any other way) from voting for who they want to. That’s how a free and open democracy is supposed to work. The vote is key. It cannot be and should not be ever stifled. My goodness. Forcing people to feel in any way bad about who they vote for (or pressuring them in any way about their vote) is what evil people do. It’s not at all what we want. Sorry but I only see bad coming from being nasty to people who choose to support or vote in a way we don’t agree with. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure. But to attempt to suppress a persons choice of who they want to vote for by whatever method is wrong. Just because we don’t like their choice doesn’t give us the right to try and stop them (humiliating or bullying or any other way) from voting for who they want to. That’s how a free and open democracy is supposed to work. The vote is key. It cannot be and should not be ever stifled. My goodness. Forcing people to feel in any way bad about who they vote for (or pressuring them in any way about their vote) is what evil people do. It’s not at all what we want. Sorry but I only see bad coming from being nasty to people who choose to support or vote in a way we don’t agree with. 

No, once you try and steal an election that's it. You don't get to try and do it again. 

9 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

No, once you try and steal an election that's it. You don't get to try and do it again. 

Again I agree. Trump shouldn’t be allowed to run for potus again. But my point isn’t about him. My point is about the freedom to vote for whoever we choose without pressure (in any way) to stop us from our choice. Trump is a criminal. But anyone who wants to endorse him or vote for him must be free from any negative influence to do so. We might not like there are people who vote for and endorse people like Trump, but we absolutely should fight for those people to be able to freely make that choice. That’s how I feel anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Again I agree. Trump shouldn’t be allowed to run for potus again. But my point isn’t about him. My point is about the freedom to vote for whoever we choose without pressure (in any way) to stop us from our choice. Trump is a criminal. But anyone who wants to endorse him or vote for him must be free from any negative influence to do so. We might not like there are people who vote for and endorse people like Trump, but we absolutely should fight for those people to be able to freely make that choice. That’s how I feel anyway. 

What do you mean by the bolded? 

4 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

What do you mean by the bolded? 

What m not great with expressing myself with words. I’m trying to convey that each person should be able to vote for whoever they choose, without any negative pressure (like bullying) to do otherwise. We should accept their vote, if they choose to share it via public endorsement, even though we think their choice is wrong and stupid. When we are pressuring people to vote a certain way (or in some way they will be shunned for their vote) then we are no longer a free and democratic society. 
IMHAO people should be 100% comfortable and totally free from any negative consequences for their vote. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

What m not great with expressing myself with words. I’m trying to convey that each person should be able to vote for whoever they choose, without any negative pressure (like bullying) to do otherwise. We should accept their vote, if they choose to share it via public endorsement, even though we think their choice is wrong and stupid. When we are pressuring people to vote a certain way (or in some way they will be shunned for their vote) then we are no longer a free and democratic society. 
IMHAO people should be 100% comfortable and totally free from any negative consequences for their vote. 

Yeah I get it. It would be great if everyone was nicer to each other but what you are suggesting would require suppressing one groups free speech for the benefit of another. I don't know how you change any of that. 

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

To a degree you’re right but remember your vote is private but your public endorsement is not. If Kelsey Grammer or Tim Allen or Roseann Barr want to publicly endorse Trump that’s their choice. If someone else wants to voice their opinion of that endorsement that is their right. Consequences to free speech goes both ways.

Meanwhile KG is likely just trying to get out front of his crappy reboot getting cancelled so he can blame it on woke lefties.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Yeah I get it. It would be great if everyone was nicer to each other but what you are suggesting would require surpressing one groups free speech for the benefit of another. I don't know how you change any of that. 

Not saying we need to be openly nice. But we do need to accept others right to vote for whom they want. If we don’t then we are no longer a free and truly democratic society. Even if our pressure on others is (in our minds) for the greater good, it’s still wrong. It’s just bad news for us all. 
Trump is bad news. No one should vote for that guy. But if someone does, and actually publicly endorsed him, we should not (in anyway) bully or treat that person in a negative way. 
That’s kind of what Nazis would do. 

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

To a degree you’re right but remember your vote is private but your public endorsement is not. If Kelsey Grammer or Tim Allen or Roseann Barr want to publicly endorse Trump that’s their choice. If someone else wants to voice their opinion of that endorsement that is their right. Consequences to free speech goes both ways.

Meanwhile KG is likely just trying to get out front of his crappy reboot getting cancelled so he can blame it on woke lefties.

IMHAO it matters not whether it’s a private vote or a public endorsement. To bully or to try and negatively impact another persons life because of whom they choose to vote for is wrong. It’s not what a free democracy is about. That kind of behaviour is more closely tied to what the Nasis would do. 
it’s okay to hate Trump and not want anyone to vote for him. But to bully or try to negatively impact those who want to vote for Trump is actually worse than Trump. It’s the attempt to impose one’s beliefs on another and insisting that person follows what we want or they will suffer negative consequences. That’s bad. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO it matters not whether it’s a private vote or a public endorsement. To bully or to try and negatively impact another persons life because of whom they choose to vote for is wrong. It’s not what a free democracy is about. That kind of behaviour is more closely tied to what the Nasis would do. 
it’s okay to hate Trump and not want anyone to vote for him. But to bully or try to negatively impact those who want to vote for Trump is actually worse than Trump. It’s the attempt to impose one’s beliefs on another and insisting that person follows what we want or they will suffer negative consequences. That’s bad. 

Nope, I am free to call Kelsey Grammerfatwallet a lil’ busteroo smurfie losedoodle and that ain’t bullying!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Brit Hume Says Trump Is ‘More Likely To Drive the Republicans to a Defeat’ Next Year Than Become a Dictator

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/brit-hume-says-trump-is-more-likely-to-drive-the-republicans-to-a-defeat-next-year-than-become-a-dictator/

I hear this sort of thing a lot.....don't worry about Trump becoming a dictator, because he didn't manage it the first time around. (but not for lack of trying)

The difference is, the first time around he had adults in the room who would either tell him "that's not a good idea", or leak the bad ideas to the press when the first option didn't work.

Now, he's surrounded himself by toadies whose only qualifications are blind obedience and devotion. "Shoot protesters? Great idea sir!" "Bomb Mexico? Brilliant" "Defund NATO while Putin is trying to expand Russia's borders further into Europe?" Inspired!" ..... Etc., etc....

Another Trump presidency won't just be a repeat of the first go-round. It will be worse.....far worse and frankly, it's baffling to me that so many Americans are so blase' about the prospect of this moron taking a big steaming shit on their democracy....

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Yeah I get it. It would be great if everyone was nicer to each other but what you are suggesting would require suppressing one groups free speech for the benefit of another. I don't know how you change any of that. 

You can't. Up until social media things we getting better, far fewer acts of violence etc.

Now we have instant anger on tap.