US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I was watching that movie theater video of Boebert rubbing her boyfriend’s junk and noticed something when she got kicked out. Is it me or she got her titties done? I don’t recall her having big bazookas like that. 

Pretty sure it's the closest she's ever been to a Rocket Scientist....

• Haha 4

Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the ousted speaker, announces he’s leaving Congress

The California Republican will exit the House at the end of this year, he wrote in a op-ed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/rep-kevin-mccarthy-ousted-speaker-announces-s-leaving-congress-rcna128139

Not a huge surprise but...

See ya, Kev... don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out!! Happy Christmas, early!! So that's going to be 3 less votes in the House...Republican implosion is a gladsome sight to see. 

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm a big fan of Jon Tester, but again, I wonder about having yet another white male on the ticket.....

So you are more concerned with not looking racists or sexist than having the right person for the job?   

Also, someone not getting a job because their sex or colour of their skin is racist and sexist.  Hahahah

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

So you are more concerned with not looking racists or sexist than having the right person for the job?   

Also, someone not getting a job because their sex or colour of their skin is racist and sexist.  Hahahah

I'm not concerned at all. Like I said, I'm a fan of Jon Tester.

What I would worry about is the voters who would be bothered by the prospect of replacing a black woman with a white man. I don't agree with it, but it's reality and as I told Jimmy, the most important thing is making sure the lying, cheating, racist, (or should I say "rapist") scumbag never sees the inside of the White House again....

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Alright.  Now I'm curious for the opinions of the liberals here.  Since the Republicans finally took out their trash, should the Democrats do the same in the Senate?

Gold bars found in Sen. Bob Menendez’s home linked to 2013 armed robbery: report

https://nypost.com/2023/12/04/news/gold-bars-found-in-sen-bob-menendezs-home-linked-to-2013-robbery-report/

I would have kicked him out months ago. Not like NJ is a gop state. A dem will be replacing the guy in quick order. 

• Cheers 2

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/nevada-gop-fake-electors-indicted-for-falsely-claiming-trump-won-states-2020-election

Nevada GOP ‘fake electors’ indicted for falsely claiming Trump won state’s 2020 election

The six Republicans are accused of falsifying records and each face two felony charges.

• Haha 3

We won't vote for Ukraine funding unless...(checks notes)...You do something about border security.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4343929-senate-republicans-ukraine-funding-tempers-flare-classified-briefing/

Senate Republicans to block Ukraine funding after tempers flare at classified briefing

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, 24K said:

I would have kicked him out months ago. Not like NJ is a gop state. A dem will be replacing the guy in quick order. 

I think he absolutely deserves it, but I'm guessing the Dems want to make sure due process is followed, considering what happened with Al Franken...

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I think he absolutely deserves it, but I'm guessing the Dems want to make sure due process is followed, considering what happened with Al Franken...

The other issue is the Senate doesn't have as strong, or transparent of an Ethics Committee.  That hasn't stopped multiple (not all or a majority) of Dem Senators for calling him to resign.  Loudest being Fetterman. 

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Cheers 3

57 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

We won't vote for Ukraine funding unless...(checks notes)...You do something about border security.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4343929-senate-republicans-ukraine-funding-tempers-flare-classified-briefing/

Senate Republicans to block Ukraine funding after tempers flare at classified briefing

This is terrible news for Ukraine (and for Democracy) but it will be another thing the Dems can hammer the GQP with in the next election. The Tucker Carlson fans will see this as a positive, but there has to be moderate Republicans who don't view helping Vladimir Putin as a good thing....

• Cheers 2

19 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I was watching that movie theater video of Boebert rubbing her boyfriend’s junk and noticed something when she got kicked out. Is it me or she got her titties done? I don’t recall her having big bazookas like that. 

If I recall correctly she later denounced him after she found out he votes Democrat.

‘HELL NO!’ Marjorie Taylor Greene Explodes at Speaker Mike Johnson for Cutting Deal to Fund ‘Abortion Vacations’

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/hell-no-marjorie-taylor-greene-explodes-at-speaker-mike-johnson-for-cutting-deal-to-fund-abortion-vacations/

Speaker Johnson worked with Chuck Schumer to cut a deal that removes all abortion and trans surgery prohibitions we passed under Speaker McCarthy

It also would pass a CLEAN FISA extension.

Not to mention, more of your taxpayer dollars sent to Ukraine to fund the proxy war.

No member of the NDAA conference had any influence on this process. It was done in secret meetings with no input from conferees.

Now, we’re supposed to just grin and take it with no say in the final bill.

Is the GOP really going to fund abortion vacations and trans surgeries, fund the Ukraine war, all with a CLEAN FISA extension under Speaker Johnson?

This was a total sell-out of conservative principles and a huge win for Democrats.

Congratulations to my colleagues on the other side of the aisle, you should all be excited to vote for this!

I’m a HELL NO!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm sure it will be handled with a fair minded and balanced approach.

😂

• Haha 2

So I had a weird evening tonight. I came across a Trump supporter in a local bar. I decided I didn't want to debate with him because 1) he's going to be in an echo chamber that's going to be hard to pull him out of in a random bar conversation and 2) I'm half drunk by that time so I'm not exactly going to be at my best to do such a task anyway.

In the end though, he wanted to bet me $100 that Trump would get in in 2024. I shook his hand because odds are naturally crazy in favour of me.

That being said, I'm still drunk from the night and going "did that even just happen?" Amazing how it makes you question things even though you know the chances of it happening make is almost a guaranteed $100.

I think I'm more just in shock there are Trump supporters still around even after that's transpired after him leaving office. It's easy for us to think most people are sane, but here I'm still seeing people swayed by his "hypnosis", for a lack of a better word, especially in more rural cities like Prince George.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1