US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Oof.. ending her career might be overboard but thats a real tough look for Haley in this race

Meh. Not that I care about the back and forth between these two, but the guy who everyone thinks is going to win doesn't know the difference between Hungary and Turkiye....

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Meh. Not that I care about the back and forth between these two, but the guy who everyone thinks is going to win doesn't know the difference between Hungary and Turkiye....

And neither do most of his supporters.

It's apparently a very close race if 538 is to be believed at all.

One poll shows even Hayley beating Biden by a large margin.

31 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Considering neo-con foreign policy history, I think the "we should trust experience" pleas falls apart pretty quickly when those with the 'political experience' are brazenly shown to not have a basic understanding about the regions they advocate war in.

This wasn't as great as Tulsi sinking Kamala, but it's just not a good look for Haley at all.

28 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Considering neo-con foreign policy history, I think the "we should trust experience" pleas falls apart pretty quickly when those with the 'political experience' are brazenly shown to not have a basic understanding about the regions they advocate war in.

This wasn't as great as Tulsi sinking Kamala, but it's just not a good look for Haley at all.

I guess. NH is a far better choice than anyone else the GOP is offering, it would be sad if an exchange with that millenial dweeb took her out of the running.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, The Lock said:

So I had a weird evening tonight. I came across a Trump supporter in a local bar. I decided I didn't want to debate with him because 1) he's going to be in an echo chamber that's going to be hard to pull him out of in a random bar conversation and 2) I'm half drunk by that time so I'm not exactly going to be at my best to do such a task anyway.

In the end though, he wanted to bet me $100 that Trump would get in in 2024. I shook his hand because odds are naturally crazy in favour of me.

That being said, I'm still drunk from the night and going "did that even just happen?" Amazing how it makes you question things even though you know the chances of it happening make is almost a guaranteed $100.

I think I'm more just in shock there are Trump supporters still around even after that's transpired after him leaving office. It's easy for us to think most people are sane, but here I'm still seeing people swayed by his "hypnosis", for a lack of a better word, especially in more rural cities like Prince George.

Best part is if you lose just don't pay him and tell him 'Donald doesn't pay his debts and neither do I!'

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Well it is hard for him....

..to not think 'MMM I am hungry for turkey! Hey Mel order me some KFC from Uber eats!'

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I suppose, but given the things that Republicans seem to care about, I doubt that this moves the needle at all. Certainly not in the manner that a POS like Jack Posobiec thinks (or wishes) it will.....

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, The Lock said:

So I had a weird evening tonight. I came across a Trump supporter in a local bar. I decided I didn't want to debate with him because 1) he's going to be in an echo chamber that's going to be hard to pull him out of in a random bar conversation and 2) I'm half drunk by that time so I'm not exactly going to be at my best to do such a task anyway.

In the end though, he wanted to bet me $100 that Trump would get in in 2024. I shook his hand because odds are naturally crazy in favour of me.

That being said, I'm still drunk from the night and going "did that even just happen?" Amazing how it makes you question things even though you know the chances of it happening make is almost a guaranteed $100.

I think I'm more just in shock there are Trump supporters still around even after that's transpired after him leaving office. It's easy for us to think most people are sane, but here I'm still seeing people swayed by his "hypnosis", for a lack of a better word, especially in more rural cities like Prince George.

I won a bottle of Glenmorangie on the 2020 election...although the guy I bet with wasn't a Trump fan, he was just convinced that Trump would win.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Well it is hard for him....

..to not think 'MMM I am hungry for turkey! Hey Mel order me some KFC from Uber eats!'

I'm betting this is why Erdogan decided to go with the Turkiye spelling.....he was tired of Trump getting the munchies every time they talked.....

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Like you, I find Haley to be the least objectionable of all the Repug candidates. I wouldn't be excited about it, but it would be far better than Bone Spurs, Vivek or Darth Santis....

That being said, I think hypothetical polls at this point are useless. All of the GQP candidates are actively campaigning. Joe Biden is not.

Just look at the tweet from Jackass Posobiec.....Vivek "ended" Haley's campaign. If an intellectually dishonest actor like VR can "end" her run with such a simplistic gambit, just think what Biden's team can do once they actually dig in.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If that one goes through, I'm gonna be absent from the board for a while, while I am on the run.  As a kid, I did that a few times.  I still remember an Amy Grant tape that I enjoyed up into my adulthood that I got for 1/11th of a penny.

It takes a big man to admit that.

No way I'd admit to listening to Amy Grant. 😆

• Haha 4

Taylor Swift should run.

TIme's person of the year.

The US leg of her tour is estimated to add 5.7bil to the US economy.

She would win in a landslide.

I know it sounds cray but since that grifting reality show dude got in, why not?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Somebody was going to say it....

I considered it yesterday, but I thought it was low hanging fruit....I like a bit more of a challenge....

• Haha 2

And of course, he's a Republican. 

Grillo, a representative for Assembly District 24, has yet to be sentenced, but according to evidence presented at trial he was “at the front of a group of rioters facing the police line” on the West Plaza of the Capitol. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4346925-man-running-santos-seat-convicted-jan-6-charges/

Man running for Santos seat convicted on Jan. 6 charges

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Like you, I find Haley to be the least objectionable of all the Repug candidates. I wouldn't be excited about it, but it would be far better than Bone Spurs, Vivek or Darth Santis....

That being said, I think hypothetical polls at this point are useless. All of the GQP candidates are actively campaigning. Joe Biden is not.

Just look at the tweet from Jackass Posobiec.....Vivek "ended" Haley's campaign. If an intellectually dishonest actor like VR can "end" her run with such a simplistic gambit, just think what Biden's team can do once they actually dig in.

Yea that was a dumb tweet. Vivek is a joke.

I just wish the Dems could field a better ticket.

38 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Taylor Swift should run.

TIme's person of the year.

The US leg of her tour is estimated to add 5.7bil to the US economy.

She would win in a landslide.

I know it sounds cray but since that grifting reality show dude got in, why not?

I can see it now.....Taylor against Trump. Swift against Slow.....

Actually, there are a few pretty good candidates from the music world...I said quite a while back that I'd vote for Snoop. he comes off as this laid back stoner, but he's smart AF. Besides, how much fun would it be to have a President Dogg?

Then there's Springsteen.....he's already The Boss...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

My music tastes are all over the place.  😆

I was listening to Puttin' on the Ritz by Taco for a couple weeks recently.  I'm only now just tapering it off the listening sheet.

• ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I can see it now.....Taylor against Trump. Swift against Slow.....

Actually, there are a few pretty good candidates from the music world...I said quite a while back that I'd vote for Snoop. he comes off as this laid back stoner, but he's smart AF. Besides, how much fun would it be to have a President Dogg?

Then there's Springsteen.....he's already The Boss...

How about a Snoop/Charles Barkley ticket?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

My music tastes are all over the place.  😆

I was listening to Puttin' on the Ritz by Taco for a couple weeks recently.  I'm only now just tapering it off the listening sheet.

Certainly were a lot of ear worm 80's 1 hit wonders.

Falco - Rock Me Amadeus

Peter Schilling - Major Tom

Murray Head - One Night in Bangkok

Tommy Tutone - 867-5309

Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue

The list is endless.

• Cheers 3