US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

8 creepy things Donald Trump has said about Ivanka Trump

https://forward.com/schmooze/357185/7-creepy-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-ivanka/

I just hope that if they bumped uglies, they waited until she was an adult.  Once people are of legal age, it's nobody's business.  That said, it's also fair game for people to talk crap about something as taboo as incest. 

I knew a brother and sister who regularly got it on with each other as young teens and still to this day I remember the guys name.  Found out a couple years ago that my brother is friends with him so of course, I spilled that little secret...  My brother was like, "yep, sounds like something they'd do". 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I just hope that if they bumped uglies, they waited until she was an adult.  Once people are of legal age, it's nobody's business.  That said, it's also fair game for people to talk crap about something as taboo as incest. 

I knew a brother and sister who regularly got it on with each other as young teens and still to this day I remember the guys name.  Found out a couple years ago that my brother is friends with him so of course, I spilled that little secret...  My brother was like, "yep, sounds like something they'd do". 

@Bob Long It wasn't/isn't sad, just hella weird...  lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘I Was Shaking Listening to Him’: Van Jones Says Vivek Ramaswamy’s Debate Remarks ‘One Step Away From Nazi Propaganda’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/i-was-shaking-listening-to-him-van-jones-says-vivek-ramaswamys-debate-remarks-one-step-away-from-nazi-propaganda/

Who cares.  He's yesterday's news.  He was polling at only 5% before the debate. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Am I the only one who got a kick out of Krispy Kreme kissing her lady parts and trying to set himself up as her potential running mate if something happens with Trump's nomination?

It’s actually kind of crazy thinking that Trump will win in 2024. Alf just don’t get the US voters. 50 million vote for Trump? Why? Are these people just ignorant? 

Just now, Alflives said:

It’s actually kind of crazy thinking that Trump will win in 2024. Alf just don’t get the US voters. 50 million vote for Trump? Why? Are these people just ignorant? 

There's no guarantee that Trump will win.  If he does, it will take a lot more than 50 million votes.

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

There's no guarantee that Trump will win.  If he does, it will take a lot more than 50 million votes.

80 million? Alf doesn’t get why a guy like Trump (self proclaimed piece of craperolla) gets any votes. Are people down there that ignorant? Seriously Trumperdoodle is scum. Why in the heck woukd anyone vote for him. Rather have a dimwit in Biden. 

Just now, Alflives said:

80 million? Alf doesn’t get why a guy like Trump (self proclaimed piece of craperolla) gets any votes. Are people down there that ignorant? Seriously Trumperdoodle is scum. Why in the heck woukd anyone vote for him. Rather have a dimwit in Biden. 

It's a free society.  There are people who feel the same way about Biden that you do about Trump.  It's a matter of perspective.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Am I the only one who got a kick out of Krispy Kreme kissing her lady parts and trying to set himself up as her potential running mate if something happens with Trump's nomination?

No, that was definitely out of left field! It had me wondering as well about Haley/Christie ticket if the Donald is somehow forced out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

No, that was definitely out of left field! It had me wondering as well about Haley/Christie ticket if the Donald is somehow forced out.

Krispy Kreme isn't even liked by most of his own party.  He gets regularly boo'd at his speeches.  The only thing he will be running/waddling for is another box of jelly filled pastries.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Krispy Kreme isn't even liked by most of his own party.  He gets regularly boo'd at his speeches.  The only thing he will be running/waddling for is another box of jelly filled pastries.

Being in Haley’s good books is his last hope of being relevant.

Not a good look for the Democrats.  While the Republicans are now considering expelling the child trafficker after getting rid of the habitual liar, the Democrats have yet to do anything about their POS law breaker in the Senate (Menendez).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/12/07/matt-gaetz-house-republicans-whisper-expelling-george-santos/71840867007/

Edited by Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Not a good look for the Democrats.  While the Republicans are now considering expelling the child trafficker after getting rid of the habitual liar, the Democrats have yet to do anything about their POS law breaker in the Senate (Menendez).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/12/07/matt-gaetz-house-republicans-whisper-expelling-george-santos/71840867007/

It's a bad look for Democrats to be sure, but it's not really a good look that the Republicans might only sorta maybe think about expelling a trafficker. I mean, they might need his vote....

Against an anti-trafficking bill.

52 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

It's a bad look for Democrats to be sure, but it's not really a good look that the Republicans might only sorta maybe think about expelling a trafficker. I mean, they might need his vote....

Against an anti-trafficking bill.

The only reason why they aren't expelling him now is written in the article.  Charges were never brought against him by law enforcement.  It's up to the bipartisan committee now to find something to hang him with.  Until then, they can't really do much.

He's already voted once against a trafficking bill.  The only member in the House who voted against it if I remember correctly.

7 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The only reason why they aren't expelling him now is written in the article.  Charges were never brought against him by law enforcement.  It's up to the bipartisan committee now to find something to hang him with.  Until then, they can't really do much.

He's already voted once against a trafficking bill.  The only member in the House who voted against it if I remember correctly.

To be fair, Congress moves at the speed of government, which means not fast at all. It took almost a year after charges were filed against Santos for them to get rid of him. And that was considered fast. It'll probably be at least another year for Menendez. Even if Gaetz was charged it would likely take at least a year before they did anything.

I think you're right about him being the only one against the trafficking bill, which is also sad

• Cheers 2

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

There was no war under Trump and the economy was far better. Plus he has more media savvy than Biden, he even has an account here with us. @Donald Trump

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

There was no war under Trump and the economy was far better. Plus he has more media savvy than Biden, he even has an account here with us. @Donald Trump

Nope.   There was plenty of war that the US was involved in during his presidency.   One of his first acts as POTUS was to OK a mission in Yemen that the Obama administration passed on because of collateral damage risks.  The mission TRUMP ordered ended up with a bunch of civilians and children dead.  Drone strikes went way up under TRUMP along with him changing for the worse reporting rules for said strikes.   Many more examples can be had that demonstrate the war sentence is false.

The economic one is also bs.  Go look up the latest jobs report that was released recently.   Plenty more examples can be had here as well.

Is Biden the best.  No.   But 40 years of data have Democrats being better on the national economy and debt on average than Republicans.   And yes, this too can be backed up by more than a YouTube video. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2