US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

WATCH: Trump Claims a General Once Told Him His Response to the Access Hollywood Tape Was ‘The Bravest Thing I’ve Ever Seen’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-trump-claims-a-general-once-told-him-his-response-to-the-access-hollywood-tape-was-the-bravest-thing-ive-ever-seen/

Former President Donald Trump claimed a general once told him that his response to the infamous Access Hollywood tape during a 2016 presidential debate was the “bravest” thing he’d ever seen.

During a speech before the New York Young Republican Club on Saturday night, the former president talked about the fallout from the footage in which he made his “grab ’em by the pussy” comment.

He recalled how he dismissed his lewd remarks — two days later, in a presidential debate with Hillary Clinton — as “locker room talk.”

“A general, who’s a fantastic general, actually said to me, ‘Sir, I’ve been on the battlefield. Men have gone down on my left and on my right. I stood on hills where soldiers were killed. But I believe the bravest thing I’ve ever seen was the night you went on to that stage with Hillary Clinton, after what happened. And then that woman asked you the first question about it.’ And I said, locker room talk! It’s locker talk! What the hell?! Locker room talk!”

The tale was met with laughter and applause in the room. In Trump’s re-telling, he was confronted by a woman during the debate. The debate in question was co-moderated by ABC’s Martha Raddatz and CNN’s Anderson Cooper. But it was actually Cooper who asked Trump about his comments.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Watch it w/o the sound. Tapper's facial expressions are priceless.

Comer might be the biggest idiot on the Hill.

The absolute stupidity of these people is beyond absorbability. Can you IMAGINE saying shit like this in front of the world and not understanding or knowing that your sheer ignorance is on display for ALL the world to see??? Unfortunately, people like him...MAGA Republicans of The Cult of DJT,  don't care whose lives they destroy in order to curry favour or get a soundbite or score a segment on Tapper. These are dangerous times because there are 10s of millions of people believing the spew from people like Comer & Co.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

WATCH: Trump Claims a General Once Told Him His Response to the Access Hollywood Tape Was ‘The Bravest Thing I’ve Ever Seen’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-trump-claims-a-general-once-told-him-his-response-to-the-access-hollywood-tape-was-the-bravest-thing-ive-ever-seen/

Former President Donald Trump claimed a general once told him that his response to the infamous Access Hollywood tape during a 2016 presidential debate was the “bravest” thing he’d ever seen.

During a speech before the New York Young Republican Club on Saturday night, the former president talked about the fallout from the footage in which he made his “grab ’em by the pussy” comment.

He recalled how he dismissed his lewd remarks — two days later, in a presidential debate with Hillary Clinton — as “locker room talk.”

“A general, who’s a fantastic general, actually said to me, ‘Sir, I’ve been on the battlefield. Men have gone down on my left and on my right. I stood on hills where soldiers were killed. But I believe the bravest thing I’ve ever seen was the night you went on to that stage with Hillary Clinton, after what happened. And then that woman asked you the first question about it.’ And I said, locker room talk! It’s locker talk! What the hell?! Locker room talk!”

The tale was met with laughter and applause in the room. In Trump’s re-telling, he was confronted by a woman during the debate. The debate in question was co-moderated by ABC’s Martha Raddatz and CNN’s Anderson Cooper. But it was actually Cooper who asked Trump about his comments.

Was the general a big burly guy and have tears in his eyes, too?? 

I just rolled my eyes so hard I saw brain matter.  How f'n stupid he thinks we are...🙄🙄

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

He’s Back: Elon Musk Restores Alex Jones’ Twitter Account After Saying He Wouldn’t

https://www.mediaite.com/news/hes-back-elon-musk-restores-alex-jones-twitter-account-after-saying-he-wouldnt/

Oh geez....maybe I just won't go back...terminate my account...once this latest Twitter jail term is done.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Oh geez....maybe I just won't go back...terminate my account...once this latest Twitter jail term is done.

Honestly he should be allowed back if Elon believes in free speech as much as he claims. What got JOnes kicked off shows that sure you can say what you want but doesn't mean there aren't consequences. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/10/2023 at 10:50 AM, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump is lying virtually 100% of the time, but a sure tell is if his story includes someone calling him "sir"....

Someone wrote an article on it several years ago, when he was still in office. It's basically automatic: If it includes someone calling him "sir", or if they have "tears in their eyes", you can be 100% positive the story is BS....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 2

On 12/8/2023 at 6:14 PM, Alflives said:

It’s actually kind of crazy thinking that Trump will win in 2024. Alf just don’t get the US voters. 50 million vote for Trump? Why? Are these people just ignorant? 

The US has more stupid people per capita than any other country in the world.  They also have more powered mobility scooters per capita but that's another topic for another day.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump doubles down on ‘dictator’ remarks at New York Republican gala

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4352607-trump-doubles-down-on-dictator-remarks/

Dictator for a day. A new reality show hosted by TFG. Problem  is that the Dotard won’t be able to limit himself to just one day. 
Too funny that Gaetz admitted that Drumpf!s fingerprints are all over “ this town” Didn’t know that Donald Dinkums was being fingerprinted every time he’s been arraigned. Thanks for sharing Pedo Matt. In this world or the next, hopefully castration awaits. 

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

He’s Back: Elon Musk Restores Alex Jones’ Twitter Account After Saying He Wouldn’t

https://www.mediaite.com/news/hes-back-elon-musk-restores-alex-jones-twitter-account-after-saying-he-wouldnt/

The fact that all people, left and right, can't get together and cancel this asshole once and for all, leaves me little hope for this world. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Shameless unabashed liar to the end. Maybe they will erect a statue in his honour. Or perhaps a movie… Braveheart II. The story of Donald J Drumpf. A tale of unrivalled courage. 
What a twat. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

The fact that all people, left and right, can't get together and cancel this asshole once and for all, leaves me little hope for this world. 

The American voter is a moron. These are the most ignorant people on the planet. Stupid … stupid … stupid people. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/8/2023 at 8:14 PM, Alflives said:

It’s actually kind of crazy thinking that Trump will win in 2024. Alf just don’t get the US voters. 50 million vote for Trump? Why? Are these people just ignorant? 

Took a drive from Vegas to the Grand Canyon. There are quite  a few crappy little towns along the way  that look like something from the 1930s. There you will find little stores selling Trump souvenirs. Trump bumper stickers and fuck Biden signs posted on people’s lawns.

Trump hasn’t done a fucking thing for these people, yet they buy his shit, go to his rallies, and vote for him. Seems pretty stupid to me, but it is their free will.Their circus, their clown.

I just rolled up the windows and drove on by. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1