US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

It's actually been that way for quite a while, but because people still spend an extra 20 bucks to fill their gas tank, or an extra 2 bucks for a dozen eggs, it doesn't feel that way.

And in politics, feelings always trump facts....

Then they should look at their 401k's. Stock markets are at 18 month highs. Oil prices are down another 4% today to $68.39. Price per barrel has fallen approx 46% since the start of the Ukraine invasion.

Inflation is falling steadily across the globe. Especially in China where year over year inflation is running at -.5%. In both Canada and the USA inflation year over year is 3.1%. Not that much higher than the FED and BOC's target of 2%.

Gasoline prices are sitting at historical averages. But that won't stop people from whining about prices and longing for the good old days of Trump's cheap gas. Failing to acknowledge that cheap gas came along with negative GDP, 20 million job losses and approx 750,000 dead.

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.186b04ed07c28832d1f231a5477307cc.jpg

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

....and to the surprise of exactly nobody, the Texas Supreme Court has ruled against her:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/texas-supreme-court-rules-against-woman-who-sued-for-an-emergency-abortion/ar-AA1llhSe?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=a5b679ce7d914576853f621d6148e08c&ei=57

American women need to start leaving states (like Texas) that implement Sharia Law, lest it cost them their health and possibly even their life....

This case is so disgusting , yet the warning signs were there early on when states were implementing their antiabortion bills.  This is clearly a case of a woman not wanting and abortion, but NEEDING one.  Yet, she cannot get one because of the death cult that is the forced-birthers.   The warning signs were there when the "debate" over exceptions in the Oklahoma anti-abortion was happening.  The video of old white guy state Senator asking why ectopic pregnancy was an exception followed by old white woman state Senator unable to actually explain why and just saying that it was included in the language of the bill.  Clearly the people who support these clowns don't know enough and/or don't care enough.  

If they did, Roe would still be in place.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

And we have people suggesting that electing the far right will solve it when the cause of the problem is corporate greed.  These people are absolute idiots.

I didn't watch Trump's interview with Hannity (naturally) but apparently his plan for eliminating the US deficit is oil production. (as evidenced by his assertion that he's going to "Drill, drill, drill")

Except the so-called "business expert" forgets that the US government doesn't own the oil companies. That vast majority of that money will go into the pockets of the executives and shareholders of Exxon, Chevron and Suncor, etc.

The US government gets about $100 billion per year from oil revenues.....That's the proverbial drop in the bucket. But as we've already pointed out: Facts don't matter to Trump fans.

• Cheers 1

So Day one concluded.  Rudy talks to reporters outside the courtroom.  Proceeds to defame the people that he will be paying millions in damages to.  

“I told the truth,” the former New York City mayor said, while claiming he has no regrets. “They were engaged in changing votes.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-defamation-trial_n_657891bde4b0db9d2ab723b9

Rudy Giuliani Leaves Defamation Trial To Defame Some More Outside

Donald Trump's former election lawyer has already been found liable for defamation.
  • Vintage 1

In case anyone is wondering (and I doubt that you are) the reason for this is to give Repugs in Blue states some cover. Voting for this could hurt their re-election chances, so they're hiding the vote from the public....

This, after Speaker Johnson said the process will be "open and transparent".....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/gop-votes-down-making-impeachment-inquiry-transparent-after-speaker-pledges-transparency/ar-AA1loRnY?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=7a0a39544eff4cff8099030dc19503d9&ei=19

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

It appears as though my attempt at satire failed miserably, either that or my reading comprehension.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Tone is tough on the internet... lol  If it helps, I knew you were trying to be funny.  😁

As did I. I thought it was pretty obvious, actually....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Thomas and Alito will for sure....they're completely partisan.....probably Gorsuch as well. (although he isn't as sure a thing as the other two)

Kagan, Sotomayor and Jackson will almost definitely decide Trump is not immune to prosecution, so it will be down to ACB, Kavanaugh and Roberts. I'm not so sure they side with Trump....bear in mind, they would be deciding that a POTUS is above the law....

I say Roberts is gonna be on the not immune side as he is more obsessed with trying to maintain the courts image more than anything else and ABC will join the crazies like she always does.

So it is literally up to beer boy. 🍺 

Can't wait to read the crazy reasoning Thomas and Scilia come up with. 

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

I say Roberts is gonna be on the not immune side as he is more obsessed with trying to maintain the courts image more than anything else and ABC will join the crazies like she always does.

Actually, Kavanaugh has sided with the Liberal Justices on a few occasions now. I would put him in the same camp as Roberts, when it comes to his decisions. ACB seems to be the real wild card to me. She really does not belong on the highest court of any land....

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The left on Twitter has found a new Hollywood celebrity to throw a temper tantrum over...  Tom Selleck

How did they not know that he is a conservative Republican.  That's been known for quite a number of years.

Angry Gaspar Noe GIF by Arrow VideoThe scene outside of Magnum's house right now. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 24K said:

If you meant Scalia, I don't think they'll do a seance to try and get his vote.

• Haha 2