US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Selleck voiced support for Trump.  Every time a celebrity so much as says his name, there are certain sh*t stirring accounts that get the celebrities trending.

It's how they try and keep Hollywood in line.  The Germans had programs like that in the 30's and 40's.

They also had a program in the late 40s and 50s to undo the brainwashing and civilize their country.  The US needs a complete denazification process as well.  Start educating those with some hope of rehabilitation and throw them rest in prison.  What can't happen is allowing these pieces of trash to think that their support for Trump's crimes is acceptable.

Just now, King Heffy said:

They also had a program in the late 40s and 50s to undo the brainwashing and civilize their country.  The US needs a complete denazification process as well.  Start educating those with some hope of rehabilitation and throw them rest in prison.  What can't happen is allowing these pieces of trash to think that their support for Trump's crimes is acceptable.

I was talking about both the left and right.  Both parties have never met party propaganda that they don't love.

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Selleck voiced support for Trump.  Every time a celebrity so much as says his name, there are certain sh*t stirring accounts that get the celebrities trending.

It's how they try and keep Hollywood in line.  The Germans had programs like that in the 30's and 40's.

Do you have a quote or anything? Not that I’m questioning you but wondering if it’s this old quote from Breitbart from JV that some blogger mistakenly said was from TS that’s making the rounds again.

In a meeting with Breitbart News, the legendary American actor stated:

“I’m completely sure that he is the best so far. I’m saying I like this guy.” “He’s an answer to our problems. We need to get behind him. The Republicans need to unite behind this man. We need somebody to go in and reconstruct us in a sort of way, get us back to where we were, who we need to be.”

Then he continued with something truly remarkable:

“Donald is funny, playful, and colorful, but most of all, he is honest. When he decided to run for president, I know he did it with a true conviction to bring this country back to prosperity. He is the only one who can do it. No frills, no fuss, only candid truths.”

“I am very disappointed at the talk show hosts, also spewing out lies and propaganda against Donald. Why, I wonder? The only thing I can think of is he represents a form of freedom none of them ever saw before, and they are bewildered about it, and frightened about it. I would say “f*ck you” to all of them. To all that are criticizing him for no reason and want him to resign for no reason. Just go to hell all of you!”

“I pray all Americans who have seen and felt the meltdown of America with the Obama years, to please fight for Donald Trump. He will not let us down. I pray for all good people to see clearly what faces us now. The right vote will save our nation.”

• Thanks 2

Just now, 4petesake said:

Do you have a quote or anything? Not that I’m questioning you but wondering if it’s this old quote from Breitbart from JV that some blogger mistakenly said was from TS that’s making the rounds again.

In a meeting with Breitbart News, the legendary American actor stated:

“I’m completely sure that he is the best so far. I’m saying I like this guy.” “He’s an answer to our problems. We need to get behind him. The Republicans need to unite behind this man. We need somebody to go in and reconstruct us in a sort of way, get us back to where we were, who we need to be.”

Then he continued with something truly remarkable:

“Donald is funny, playful, and colorful, but most of all, he is honest. When he decided to run for president, I know he did it with a true conviction to bring this country back to prosperity. He is the only one who can do it. No frills, no fuss, only candid truths.”

“I am very disappointed at the talk show hosts, also spewing out lies and propaganda against Donald. Why, I wonder? The only thing I can think of is he represents a form of freedom none of them ever saw before, and they are bewildered about it, and frightened about it. I would say “f*ck you” to all of them. To all that are criticizing him for no reason and want him to resign for no reason. Just go to hell all of you!”

“I pray all Americans who have seen and felt the meltdown of America with the Obama years, to please fight for Donald Trump. He will not let us down. I pray for all good people to see clearly what faces us now. The right vote will save our nation.”

About Tom Selleck?  It's common knowledge that he's a conservative Republican.

I only read a handful of tweets that were bashing him for being a Republican.  If he said something about Trump in particular, I have no idea.  I get too irritated to deep dive the more dumber of the trending topics.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I only read a handful of tweets that were bashing him for being a Republican.  If he said something about Trump in particular, I have no idea.  I get too irritated to deep dive the more dumber of the trending topics.

Oh yes I know he’s conservative and voted McCain but to my knowledge he’s never said anything about supporting Trump, and in fact did not vote for him. I can’t figure out why the left on Twitter would find this objectionable. I can like any conservative or Republican who isn’t smoking Donald’s pipe.

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Oh yes I know he’s conservative and voted McCain but to my knowledge he’s never said anything about supporting Trump, and in fact did not vote for him. I can’t figure out why the left on Twitter would find this objectionable. I can like any conservative or Republican who isn’t smoking Donald’s pipe.

Twitter is a far left gathering spot that often erupts.  I should have been more clear and shouldn't have just said the plain vanilla "left" in my initial post.  Apologies for the confusion.

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Amazing how the irony escapes Trump's supporters....

Here he is claiming that he "did nothing wrong"....meanwhile his lawyers are in various courts trying to make the case that he has immunity as a former POTUS. Why would he need immunity if he did "nothing wrong"....:picard:

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He hasn't been hiding his beliefs for years.  Twitter just rediscovers it when Trump is in the news.

Yeah, Voight has been full-blown MAGA for years, same as James Woods and the crazy Quaid brother....I'm surprised that people were unaware....

Pretty sure Angelina pretends that he isn't her dad these days....

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The left on Twitter has found a new Hollywood celebrity to throw a temper tantrum over...  Tom Selleck

How did they not know that he is a conservative Republican.  That's been known for quite a number of years.

What a shame that it wasn't Tom Selleck who made the comments in question which is what the outrage from the Left is about. Jon Voight said it... BACK IN 2016.

Edited by Cerridwen

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Wouldn't it be more prudent to at least KNOW what you're talking about in regards to the post you made attributing the words to Selleck instead of WHO actually DID say them?? See, this is what pisses me off the most about the orginal post of yours...NOT that Selleck is a Trump supporting Republican but that the words you attribute to him ARE NOT his words at all and then go on to call out Lefties for having a hissy fit about Selleck endorsing Trump.

Edited by Cerridwen

34 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

What a shame that it wasn't Tom Selleck who made the comments in question which is what the outrage from the Left is about. Jon Voight said it... BACK IN 2016.

I'm wondering if the far left on Twitter will figure out that the Mustache was once a board member for the NRA.  That should get them frothing at the mouth or should I say keyboard.  😆

2 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Wouldn't it be more prudent to at least KNOW what you're talking about in regards to the post you made attributing the words to Selleck instead of WHO actually DID say them?? See, this is what pisses me off the most about the orginal post of yours...NOT that Selleck is a Trump supporting Republican but that the words you attribute to him ARE NOT his words at all and then go on to call out Lefties for having a hissy fit about Selleck endorsing Trump.

You can be as pissed off as you want to be, I just enjoy when Twitter goes into a frenzy over Republicans.  Then I'll occasionally post about it here. 

If it bothers you that I don't actually care about far left or far right politics and their adherents, which some on this board are, feel free to either skip over my posts or place me as a guest on your ignore list.  I'm fine either way.

I'm not going to stop picking on people for their online temper tantrums over on that silly mini blogging site.

Edited by Sabrefan1
there =/= their

2 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Oh.  Also, My original post didn't attribute any words to him so you are pissed because you failed to understand my original post.  Re-read it below.  The words were posted by, and was one of the first responses to me by another poster.  I was just pointing out that leftists were upset with Selleck.  Also, I'm not even sure Selleck is MAGA.  I've never seen him say he's a Trumper.

See, I'm not pissed at you for being wrong. 

9 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The left on Twitter has found a new Hollywood celebrity to throw a temper tantrum over...  Tom Selleck

How did they not know that he is a conservative Republican.  That's been known for quite a number of years.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Cleaned up a sentence

Fine, I shall, in future, when you post, just go ahead and deduce that you have not bothered to find out if anything is true or not before posting it as per your words. Thanks for the heads up .... I shall no longer attribute any veracity to your posts in the future. Good to know. TTFN.

By your own admission, you never even knew what anyone was annoyed about regarding the tweet... but felt the need to present it as a negative. It's an example of trolling, really.....hmmm... Mea culpa for correcting the reason it was being challenged by Democratic/Liberals/"Lefties" on Twitter today.

Edited by Cerridwen

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

Fine, I shall, in future, when you post, just go ahead and deduce that you have not bothered to find out if anything is true or not before posting it as per your words. Thanks for the heads up .... I shall no longer attribute any veracity to your posts in the future. Good to know. TTFN.

By your own admission, you never even knew what anyone was annoyed about regarding the tweet... but felt the need to present it as a negative. It's an example of trolling, really.....hmmm... Mea culpa for correcting the reason it was being challenged by Democratic/Liberals/"Lefties" on Twitter today.

You were wrong about what my initial post said/didn't say and it also bugs you that I'm laughing about/at the US party that you very much prefer.

I presented the ridiculous whining about Tom Selleck as negative because as I posted, the tweets that I did read, they were just whining about him being a Republican.  I eventually did go back later and still 85-90% of the tweets were just people from the left complaining about him being a Republican.  The other 10-15% were a mix of the Voight commentary and stupid jokes attempting to denigrate both actors as well as others because they didn't belong to their chosen party.

And yes, if I'm posting about the sh*t-posters on Twitter, it's likely that I have no idea whether their whining is accurate or not.  I just enjoy laughing at them getting worked up over actors and then seeing if people here on this board will react to it.  Usually it gets ignored by most but today a couple people did a dive into the shallow end of the Twitter pool that I preferred to avoid.

The reason why I don't do the same with Truth Social is because there is only so much stupid that I can laugh at and enjoy.  Truth Social simultaneously is depressing because of the rampant stupidity and irritating because I have to believe they know they are being stupid, but are just reveling in the fact that they want to be the as*holes of society.

Edited by Sabrefan1
clarity
  • Like 1

I think Jimmy said it best: Who TF cares what some Xitter clowns think? These people only have a much power as we give them. Amplifying their views by re-Xitting, or reposting elsewhere is exactly the kind of attention they crave.

If we're actually bothered by this sort of internet "piling on", the thing to do is to tell them to fuck off and get a life....not head off to a different site and start several pages of posts pointing it out....

I'm not on Xitter or Facebook, but I do appreciate those (like @nuckin_futz) who post actual news from the platform, but I could really care less if a couple of dozen keyboard warriors decide they're going to burn their copy of Three Men and a Baby because Tom Selleck is a Trump fan....

• Like 2

I found this article interesting....There's nothing at all surprising about it, but I couldn't help by admire the level of graft:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-s-legal-defense-fund-didn-t-pay-any-legal-fees-but-splurged-on-mar-a-lago-bash/ar-AA1lpLRy?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d159bd3990ff47f7bf598a7ee17f2b98&ei=61

So, if I'm reading this correctly, Trump and his enablers send out fundraising requests to his gullible followers, asking for money to defend him from the "crooked DOJ". (or whatever other entity he's been charged / sued by) Trump takes that money and uses it to throw a party at a property he owns and then bills the defense fund for the use of his facilities, thereby funneling the money into his own pocket.....🤔

Now I'm nowhere close to a legal expert, but it kinda looks like money laundering to me....

I know everyone here hates Wetcoaster, but it's times like this when I miss his perspective...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I think Jimmy said it best: Who TF cares what some Xitter clowns think? These people only have a much power as we give them. Amplifying their views by re-Xitting, or reposting elsewhere is exactly the kind of attention they crave.

If we're actually bothered by this sort of internet "piling on", the thing to do is to tell them to fuck off and get a life....not head off to a different site and start several pages of posts pointing it out....

I'm not on Xitter or Facebook, but I do appreciate those (like @nuckin_futz) who post actual news from the platform, but I could really care less if a couple of dozen keyboard warriors decide they're going to burn their copy of Three Men and a Baby because Tom Selleck is a Trump fan....

It's fun to point and laugh at them.  They think their Twitter rantings are the difference between "their guy" getting elected or not getting elected.  That's some entertaining delusion.

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I found this article interesting....There's nothing at all surprising about it, but I couldn't help by admire the level of graft:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-s-legal-defense-fund-didn-t-pay-any-legal-fees-but-splurged-on-mar-a-lago-bash/ar-AA1lpLRy?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d159bd3990ff47f7bf598a7ee17f2b98&ei=61

So, if I'm reading this correctly, Trump and his enablers send out fundraising requests to his gullible followers, asking for money to defend him from the "crooked DOJ". (or whatever other entity he's been charged / sued by) Trump takes that money and uses it to throw a party at a property he owns and then bills the defense fund for the use of his facilities, thereby funneling the money into his own pocket.....🤔

Now I'm nowhere close to a legal expert, but it kinda looks like money laundering to me....

I know everyone here hates Wetcoaster, but it's times like this when I miss his perspective...

I liked the dude personally. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

PAC money is barely regulated.  The RNC has been paying most of Trump's legal bills.  The only reason they do that is because they can sucker these same people/Trumpers into giving them more money for various Republican PAC's.  The RNC loves money more than they dislike Trump.

Also, if memory serves, Trump put out a fundraising email(s) and rebuilt his private plane with donated PAC money.