US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

👊

Sadly Twitter/X is the best and fastest way to disseminate information that currently exists. Unfortunately it also doubles as the internet's toilet.

It's not just a hub for crazy lefties. There's tons of right wing nut jobs too. The part that really annoys me is whenever I see one of these delusional people with their "Trump won" or "Q says Trump will be reinstated and Biden will be executed for his crimes" or simply "FJB" I sometimes go take a look at their bio. If they have bothered to fill it out I find 75% of the time they are offering effusive praise for God any his boy Jesus.

There's very little that is Christ-like about these people. They are not inclusive or tolerant nor do they espouse nearly any of the qualities of their idol. They're hypocrites pure and simple. How else can anyone explain them throwing their support behind a known scoundrel like Trump? Their morals are for sale much like Judas and his 30 pieces of silver.

There's 2 things I cannot abide and that's religious people who feel they have a divine right to dictate the way others live and hypocrites. So obviously I'm not big on religious hypocrites. That and the fact that far too many of these people don't seem to give a flying **** about people who look like me. One side of the isle houses the vast majority of these people. That in a nutshell is why I could never vote for them regardless of economic performance, foreign policy etc. My ethics/morals are not malleable.

The bolded line struck me.....I've never noticed before. but I'm assuming this means you're a member of a visible minority?

BTW: agree 100% on the overall sentiment of the post. Religious bigotry has always been something I have zero time for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Lashes Out at Biden and ‘TRUMP HATING JUDGE’ After Bailing on His Own Fraud Trial Defense

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-lashes-out-at-biden-and-trump-hating-judge-after-bailing-on-his-own-fraud-trial-defense/

One thing you have to give him....

Nobody plays the billionaire martyred victim better......Drama Queens the world over are taking notes....

• Cheers 2

Dumbo taking his ball and going home.............

Fox News is no longer the GOP's safe space: Republican boycotts network for criticizing impeachment

House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer, R-Ky., said he stopped accepting invitations from Fox News to appear on "Fox & Friends" after the conservative network criticized the impeachment proceedings House Republicans are pursuing against President Joe Biden.

In an interview with Newsmax's Eric Bolling Tuesday, Comer singled out "Fox & Friends" host Steve Doocy, insisting that he has been skeptical of the Republican-led committee's investigation into the president for some time.

"He's had that position from the very beginning. I quit going on Fox and Friends because of Doocy," Comer told Bolling. "He's the one guy on Fox that's been very critical of the investigation. I have my theory why, we'll talk about that at the later point. At the end of the day, he's entitled to his opinion, but I don't think the average viewer of Fox News agrees with Doocy one bit."

Doocy on Monday said that House Republicans aiming to call for a formal impeachment inquiry vote against Biden "have not shown where Joe Biden did anything illegally." The Fox host added that they have "a lot of ledgers and spreadsheets but they have not connected the dots" on the president despite doing so on his son, Hunter Biden, who was charged last week with nine federal tax offenses in California.

• Haha 1

When I talk about religious bigots, I'm talking about the ones who seek to impose their own twisted morals onto others.....like this Karen (or Darren) here:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/family/book-banning-parent-thought-to-be-record-holder-after-getting-444-titles-taken-off-shelves/ar-AA1lsak6?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d2b7122f9aad41ea9ad78101822008c6&ei=73

School administrators in Wisconsin are considering changes to their book banning policy after one parent requested 444 titles be removed from the library.

Jason Tadlock, superintendent of the Elkhorn Area School District, said the same parent asked on Nov. 30 that 163 books at Elkhorn Middle School and 281 books at the high school be removed, and the books were taken out of circulation per district policy and are being reviewed by school principals, reported Wisconsin Public Radio.

Some of the challenged books include: "Anna Karenina," by Leo Tolstoy, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn," by Betty Smith," and "The Grapes of Wrath," by John Steinbeck.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘Jim Jordan is an Absolute Hypocrite’: Adam Kinzinger Rips Former Colleague’s Inconsistency On Enforcing Subpoenas

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/jim-jordan-is-an-absolute-hypocrite-adam-kinzinger-rips-former-colleagues-inconsistency-on-enforcing-subpoenas/

Gym Jordan is a hypocrite.....

....and in other news, grass is green, water is wet and the Pope is indeed, Catholic....

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘Jim Jordan is an Absolute Hypocrite’: Adam Kinzinger Rips Former Colleague’s Inconsistency On Enforcing Subpoenas

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/jim-jordan-is-an-absolute-hypocrite-adam-kinzinger-rips-former-colleagues-inconsistency-on-enforcing-subpoenas/

I'd like to see him run for POTUS if the Republican party is ever successfully denazified.

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd like to see him run for POTUS if the Republican party is ever successfully denazified.

To be honest, if they had any backbone they would start a conservative party of America or something and put the GOP 6 feet under. 

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

When I talk about religious bigots, I'm talking about the ones who seek to impose their own twisted morals onto others.....like this Karen (or Darren) here:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/family/book-banning-parent-thought-to-be-record-holder-after-getting-444-titles-taken-off-shelves/ar-AA1lsak6?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d2b7122f9aad41ea9ad78101822008c6&ei=73

FO3Pr1GVcAkcMPR.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Those repugs in Blue states better hope that this doesn't move the needle with their voters.....they're not going to find any evidence. (and in fact, this whole sham of an "inquiry" is nothing more than an attempt to portray Biden in the same light as Bone Spurs)

Personally, I hope it costs each and every one of them their seat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Those repugs in Blue states better hope that this doesn't move the needle with their voters.....they're not going to find any evidence. (and in fact, this whole sham of an "inquiry" is nothing more than an attempt to portray Biden in the same light as Bone Spurs)

Not hard to see the outcome of this one. Biden is 100% getting impeached. Because to not impeach would be an exoneration and an admission that he is innocent. 

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Not hard to see the outcome of this one. Biden is 100% getting impeached. Because to not impeach would be an exoneration and an admission that he is innocent. 

It's what Trump wants, so it's hard to see enough Republicans developing a spine and voting against it.....I suppose it depends on how many are set to retire and care about how they're viewed, once Trump is nothing more than a stain on US history....

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

If US was still a sane country, this would backfire spectacularly like it did with Clinton. 

But I don't think it is gonna move the needle much these days. 

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It's what Trump wants, so it's hard to see enough Republicans developing a spine and voting against it.....I suppose it depends on how many are set to retire and care about how they're viewed, once Trump is nothing more than a stain on US history....

Like Ken Buck? Who is retiring and said he would vote against it. Until he just voted for it. They're all the same.

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

If US was still a sane country, this would backfire spectacularly like it did with Clinton. 

But I don't think it is gonna move the needle much these days. 

Probably not, but the GQP majority in Congress is razor thin....it wouldn't take too many of these seat changing hands to turn the House Blue....

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Like Ken Buck? Who is retiring and said he would vote against it. Until he just voted for it. They're all the same.

Yeah, that surprised me a bit....still, this is just the vote on the inquiry. Voting to Impeach is another matter.....

I think this is part of a ploy to make it look like Biden has done something worthy of impeachment, even though there is no evidence. They're playing the old "where there's smoke there's fire" game and hoping to fool the voters.....and frankly, this has already been shown to work extremely well.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Probably not, but the GQP majority in Congress is razor thin....it wouldn't take too many of these seat changing hands to turn the House Blue....

NY court enforced map alone will ensure Dem house in 2024. 

• Cheers 1