US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Didnt his first wife talk about him having Hilter speeches beside the bed?

...and here he is spewing similar rhetoric. hmmm

She said he would routinely listen to them. Honestly, I have watched Hitler speeches many many times. He was outstanding at it I will say. But I did it as a history nerd and not liking the message...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, AatuD2 said:

Nikki Haley would be the absolute worst case scenario. 

She declared bankruptcy, formed a military contractor company, and then became a millionaire after getting into office and making deals that benefit her personally. 

If she gets in, we will see one more Eastern European country destroyed, and probably at least one more Middle Eastern country enter a war. 

Chances of an armed conflict in Taiwan or Hong Kong will also increase. 

She is a corrupt hawk no doubt. Not a lot of good options right now for the US. 

The people in government that have been keeping that Epstein list at bay must be having a conniption fit right now that it's being released.  I feel a little bad since some of the victim's names will be on there as well.

I'm curious if the Biden Administration will step in and try to stop it or have it edited.  The left on Twitter is focusing on Trump being on it.  Problem for them is that after their falling out, Trump testified against Epstein in a past case.  Everyone already knows that both Trump and Bill Clinton will be on that list.  Neither one is a secret.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The people in government that have been keeping that Epstein list at bay must be having a conniption fit right now that it's being released.  I feel a little bad since some of the victim's names will be on there as well.

I'm curious if the Biden Administration will step in and try to stop it or have it edited.  The left on Twitter is focusing on Trump being on it.  Problem for them is that after their falling out, Trump testified against Epstein in a past case.  Everyone already knows that both Trump and Bill Clinton will be on that list.  Neither one is a secret.

Trump being a a child molester has long been suspected.  

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Fearless prediction: If Trump is on the list, his supporters will call it fake news, or a plot funded by George Soros....

If Slick Willy is on the list, the pitchforks will come out....whether Trump is on it or not....

• Upvote 1

I'm willing to bet that's what they are hoping for.  Their fundraising efforts will take a hit though.  That's the only reason why they are spending millions in donor cash on Trump's criminal and civil defense.  His ROI is worth the cost.

I know the rest of the Republican candidates are cautiously optimistic.  Krispy Kreme is likely already calling good ol' Nikki and kissing her lady parts hoping to be her VP pick.

The problem I see for Republicans with any candidate other than Trump, he'd likely try and sabotage their campaign. His gigantic ego wouldn't be able to deal with it if Haley or RDS were able to beat Biden when he couldn't.

I would 100% expect him to claim he screwed out of the nomination by the RNC and tell his supporters to stay home on election day.

It would pretty much guarantee a Biden victory, but Trump really doesn't care about governing.....he likes hearing hail to the Chief when he walks into a room....he likes being saluted by the military and riding on Air Force / Marine One. He likes going on official trips and meeting foreign leaders and dignitaries....

As the saying goes, he'd gladly burn the world to the ground, if he could be King of the ashes....

41 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Trump being a a child molester has long been suspected.  

I'm not willing to go that far on either him or Bill Clinton.  Trump likely wouldn't have testified against Epstein in a criminal case had he been diddling kids there. 

The one thing that is plainly obvious is that anybody who visited there regularly had to have known what was going on.  Some will argue that silence = complicity.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm not willing to go that far on either him or Bill Clinton.  Trump likely wouldn't have testified against Epstein in a criminal case had he been diddling kids there. 

The one thing that is plainly obvious is that anybody who visited there regularly had to have known what was going on.  Some will argue that silence = complicity.

He's had credible accusations against him corroborated by witnesses.  He's also publicly endorsed other child molesters such as Roy Moore.  Might have to make sure the rest of his trials are more than 500 ft away from a school.

Edited by King Heffy

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

The problem I see for Republicans with any candidate other than Trump, he'd likely try and sabotage their campaign. His gigantic ego wouldn't be able to deal with it if Haley or RDS were able to beat Biden when he couldn't.

I would 100% expect him to claim he screwed out of the nomination by the RNC and tell his supporters to stay home on election day.

It would pretty much guarantee a Biden victory, but Trump really doesn't care about governing.....he likes hearing hail to the Chief when he walks into a room....he likes being saluted by the military and riding on Air Force / Marine One. He likes going on official trips and meeting foreign leaders and dignitaries....

As the saying goes, he'd gladly burn the world to the ground, if he could be King of the ashes....

With the RNC paying the lion's share of his lawyer fees, they could basically tell him to either comply with their wishes or they will cut him off the money spigot.

The only way he counters that is if people still donate to his PAC's if he's no longer the nominee. 

Then he'd run as an independent, and basically cancel out himself and Nikki Haley and Biden stays in office by default.

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

With the RNC paying the lion's share of his lawyer fees, they could basically tell him to either comply with their wishes or they will cut him off the money spigot.

The only way he counters that is if people still donate to his PAC's if he's no longer the nominee. 

Then he'd run as an independent, and basically cancel out himself and Nikki Haley and Biden stays in office by default.

Well now you've given me another reason to hope Trump isn't the nominee....

So I can tell you "I told you so"....:classic_cool:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's had credible accusations against him corroborated by witnesses.  He's also publicly endorsed other child molesters such as Roy Moore.  Might have to make sure the rest of his trials are more than 500 ft away from a school.

I'm by no means saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely Trump did anything on that island with the underage girls. 

Epstein knew when he had the goods on someone.  Although I'm not ready to indict Bill Clinton, the painting Epstein had commissioned of him was basically saying he had an advantage over someone who was once very powerful.

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Well now you've given me another reason to hope Trump isn't the nominee....

So I can tell you "I told you so"....:classic_cool:

It's to the point now where it's all or nothing.  We should know by the middle of 2024 whether Trump will be running or not.  I'm glad this will finally head to federal court.  It will settle once and for all if he is eligible or ineligible.

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Honestly this is one of those 'believe it when I see it' things.

There will be brazen shenanigans, that will be accepted by most the population, before this sees the light of day imo. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Honestly this is one of those 'believe it when I see it' things.

There will be brazen shenanigans, that will be accepted by most the population, before this sees the light of day imo. 

That's very possible.  There are people in both political parties that have been against this list ever being released.  All it takes is for a judge in a higher position on the ladder to overrule this or for the Biden Administration to fight against it's release.  At the very least, they'll try and keep some names secret and throw a few lower level sacrificial lambs into the fire.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This Trump ruling is absolutely wild. This has to be unprecedented. 

You knew this would happen before Trump would be allowed into office again, the ruling class has as much contempt for 'democracy' as anyone. 

Not unprecedented but it hasn't happened since the end of the Civil War as far as I know.  These laws were specifically made to keep Confederates from attaining higher office.

I think that's the way that Trump would likely prevail in the Supreme Court.  The conservatives believe in originalism.  They're most likely to say that the laws were made to keep anything or anyone akin to the Confederacy from holding federal power.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Could the Orange One sit in the Whitehouse wearing an orange jump suit? 

Actually, yes.  A president could actually be president from a prison cell.  That's why the Georgia election case is so important.  He can pardon himself from any and all federal convictions, but any state convictions are truncated or removed at the pleasure of said state's governor.

Honestly though.  There's no way that Georgia's governor would keep a president-elect sitting in a cell.  It would be bad for him politically, and bad for the country.  He'd either pardon him or commute his sentence to time served.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Actually, yes.  A president could actually be president from a prison cell.  That's why the Georgia election case is so important.  He can pardon himself from any and all federal convictions, but any state convictions are truncated or removed at the pleasure of said state's governor.

Honestly though.  There's no way that Georgia's governor would keep a president-elect sitting in a cell.  It would be bad for him politically, and bad for the country.  He'd either pardon him or commute his sentence to time served.

With the crimes Agent Orange is accused of in the Georgia case, you think allowing him out of prison is good for the country if he somehow gets elected?

Just now, King Heffy said:

With the crimes Agent Orange is accused of in the Georgia case, you think allowing him out of prison is good for the country if he somehow gets elected?

I think keeping him in a state prison cell as the next sitting president would make us look more like a banana republic than we already do.  This is all academic though.  For all we know, the public at large will have a tipping point with all of this drama and Nikki Haley will rocket past him in the polling.  She's already gained a little ground in New Hampshire.