US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

40 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Do you think the abortion issue will be the strongest play for the Dems ?

I mean, you have Texas QOP members who can't comment on the Kate Cox case because they are on the wrong side of it.  There are Texas business leaders who are complaining that the Texas abortion law is costing them money.

• Cheers 2

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

Republican Says ‘Good Conservative’ Congressmen Are Being Blackmailed Just Because They Got Naked With Strangers in Motel Rooms

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/republican-says-good-conservative-congressmen-are-being-blackmailed-just-because-they-got-naked-with-strangers-in-motel-rooms/

aafba3c4330468e302eafe70e378787c.jpg

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Republican Says ‘Good Conservative’ Congressmen Are Being Blackmailed Just Because They Got Naked With Strangers in Motel Rooms

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/republican-says-good-conservative-congressmen-are-being-blackmailed-just-because-they-got-naked-with-strangers-in-motel-rooms/

It all makes sense now.

12 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

This should result in indictments to be honest.  Michigan is one of the states that has indicated fake electors or is investigating them.  

They are on tape.  I think they have at least one of the fake electors cooperating.  Like, how much concrete evidence do you need.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

This should result in indictments to be honest.  Michigan is one of the states that has indicated fake electors or is investigating them.  

They are on tape.  I think they have at least one of the fake electors cooperating.  Like, how much concrete evidence do you need.

Read the comment section of any of these stories, Apparently you need a hell of a lot more. These people will never change their minds no matter what evidence they are presented with. Because that would mean having to admit they were suckered by a New York City conman.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

That's a remarkable interview.  To hear a House Representative say out loud that politicians are being blackmailed into voting in a particular way should be a big story.  This is the kind of thing that should be the subject of House hearings.

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘I Know Nothing About Hitler’: Trump Denies He’s Racist While Doubling Down on Claim Illegal Immigrants Poison ‘Blood of Our Country’

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/i-know-nothing-about-hitler-trump-denies-hes-racist-while-doubling-down-on-claim-illegal-immigrants-poison-blood-of-our-country/

This is just weird. How long is the GOP going to be slaves to the maga morons?

16 hours ago, Bob Long said:

God I hope this is real.

She's been slowly catching up to him in New Hampshire for a while now.  She'll win Colorado by default.  That leaves 48 more states where they are competing head to head.

Ramaswamy, Krispy Kreme, and the Florida Fool are draining votes from both Trump and Haley.  I'm curious as to where the primary votes would land if those other 3 dropped out.

I think Haley has an even better chance to beat Biden.  There will be Democrats who are only interested in identity politics who would sit out of the general election just to see a vagina-haver in chief in the Oval Office.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Said Trump instead of Biden
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She's been slowly catching up to him in New Hampshire for a while now.  She'll win Colorado by default.  That leaves 48 more states where they are competing head to head.

Ramaswamy, Krispy Kreme, and the Florida Fool are draining votes from both Trump and Haley.  I'm curious as to where the primary votes would land if those other 3 dropped out.

Hopefully those tools will run out of money soon. NH has her issues but she's no Trump.

I think Haley has an even better chance to beat Trump.  There will be Democrats who are only interested in identity politics who would sit out of the general election just to see a vagina-haver in chief in the Oval Office.

Maybe the progressive vote goes to her over Biden. I kid.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe the progressive vote goes to her over Biden. I kid.

Cool.  You realized my name snafu on the last paragraph. 

Honestly though, I think a fair number of "progressives" will either leave the president part of their ballot blank (which in a few strict voting law states is likely considered a spoiled ballot which could be thrown away), or just not show up to the polls if Haley emerges from the Republican primaries instead of Trump.  Identity politics is ridiculous and could cost the Democrats seats in Congress and the retention of the Oval Office.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sleepy Joe is only there to beat Orange Man.  

I'm not so sure that he could do that this second time around.

If the Democrats don't get their base excited to vote for Biden, Trump will be the next POTUS unless Haley starts picking up more votes in more states in the Republican primary.

I'm not so sure that he could do that this second time around.

If the Democrats don't get their base excited to vote for Biden, Trump will be the next POTUS unless Haley starts picking up more votes in more states in the Republican primary.

Donnie barely beat a loathed candidate like Hillary.  If they (GOP) didn't push the abortion issue (instead of continuing the long game like they successfully used in the past), then yeah, I'd think Donnie could win.  GOP screwed themselves with "identity politics".

14 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Donnie barely beat a loathed candidate like Hillary.  If they (GOP) didn't push the abortion issue (instead of continuing the long game like they successfully used in the past), then yeah, I'd think Donnie could win.  GOP screwed themselves with "identity politics".

Identity Politics:

Republicans: Nationality.  Social Class.  Religion.

Democrats: Race, Sexual Orientation, Gender ideology, ethnicity, etc.

The Democrats' use of identity politics is on shaky ground and will catch up to them sooner or later whereas the Republicans use is how it's been used for millennia.

The Republicans didn't screw themselves with identity politics.  They, in the long run, screwed themselves by electing a reality show host with a mediocre and dubious record for business.  It's the only time in my life where the election was much more about beating the other candidate rather than just to get their own in.