US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

31 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I have a strong dislike for Teflon Donald but I'm not convinced he could be called a child molester.    I could make a long list of his transgressions but I've yet to see proof of that one.

There's credible allegations of him raping a 13 year old as well as barging into dressing rooms of underage girls.  

4 hours ago, JIAHN said:

@Bob Long

@Sabrefan1

So, here is my take on the US party system

There are very few, if any other countries with just 2 parties, and IMO, the Dems and the Reps are making a great error in embracing the extremes. The far left and the far right, are forcing the middle to expand IMHO.

IMO, the Middle in both parties are closer together than either extremes of either party to their middles .......I see this as an opening, long term

George Washington warned against a 2 party system over 200 years ago.  I wish people would take the founding fathers more serious.  They were more intelligent than the vast majority of people alive today.  Being able to operate an iPhone or drive a car doesn't make you superior to people who used the mail and horses.  It just makes you more lucky to have been born at a later date.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

George Washington warned against a 2 party system over 200 years ago.  I wish people would take the founding fathers more serious.  They were more intelligent than the vast majority of people alive today.  Being able to operate an iPhone or drive a car doesn't make you superior to people who used the mail and horses.  It just makes you more lucky to have been born at a later date.

That being said, they were also, for the most part, terrible humans who saw no issue with slavery.  They get far more respect than they deserve.

4 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Medicine Script GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

Can you provide some evidence to back up this claim?

I searched and the latest data I could find was for 2020, but this certainly doesn't look like 70% to me....

CNN
1. Progressive
2. Carvana.com
3. T-Mobile Wireless
4. ASPCA Organization
5. Wayfair.com
6. TD Ameritrade Brokerage
7. Otezla
8. Liberty Mutual
9. Amazon
10. Geico

https://mediaengagement.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Top-Advertisers-on-Cable-and-Nightly-Network-News-Programs-1.pdf

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I searched and the latest data I could find was for 2020, but this certainly doesn't look like 70% to me....

CNN
1. Progressive
2. Carvana.com
3. T-Mobile Wireless
4. ASPCA Organization
5. Wayfair.com
7. Otezla
8. Liberty Mutual
9. Amazon
10. Geico

https://mediaengagement.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Top-Advertisers-on-Cable-and-Nightly-Network-News-Programs-1.pdf

I wonder if he’s getting it from RFKjr back in 2015. It’s the only place I have found the 70% number but even then it’s in reference to all major networks, not just CNN.

https://trueactivist.com/robert-f-kennedy-jr-says-70-of-news-advertising-revenue-comes-from-big-pharma-t1/

When you look into it the advertising $ are spent on a myriad of drugs like Skyrizi, Ozempic, & Paxlovid -for everything from psoriasis  to weight loss to treatment for covid. Oddly enough CNN doesn’t even make the top 4 in ad revenue from pharma.

IMG_0615.png

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

CNN
1. Progressive
2. Carvana.com
3. T-Mobile Wireless
4. ASPCA Organization
5. Wayfair.com
7. Otezla
8. Liberty Mutual
9. Amazon
10. Geico

Come to think of it, that's about what I see these days when I watch CNN on our kitchen tv while eating lunch.   There's always an outrageous number of commercials and a few minutes of news.   They also seem big on extended car warranties, reverse mortgages, and home window replacement (all of which seem like scams to me).

I recently read that US insurance companies spend more on advertising than anybody else.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

There's credible allegations of him raping a 13 year old as well as barging into dressing rooms of underage girls.  

Those allegations were beautifully buried in Jersey no? 

I have so many things/jokes to say and so much credibility to uphold here. 

FML. 

10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Please provide these credible sources.  
Not that I don’t believe you, Donald is a total cunt….. but if there were actually child rape allegations they would be dealing with them. 

2 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Breaking news - large company spends large amount on advertising!

No one is denying that.  Some people were just wondering about the 70% percent figure that you seemed to pull out of your.....hat.

Neither is anyone out to deny you your right to your opinions.   But there is no alchemy for opinions.  You can't just add some numbers and turn them into facts.  

BTW - I have no love for big pharma.   They gave us Thalidomide, OxyContin, Bextra, and more.   They are all as shady as any other multi national company.  Thing is, they also create a bunch of stuff that saves a bunch of lives.  If I'm ever rushed to the hospital I won't be asking who the manufacturer is of any life saving drugs they want to pump in me. 

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No one is denying that.  Some people were just wondering about the 70% percent figure that you seemed to pull out of your.....hat.

Neither is anyone out to deny you your right to your opinions.   But there is no alchemy for opinions.  You can't just add some numbers and turn them into facts.  

BTW - I have no love for big pharma.   They gave us Thalidomide, OxyContin, Bextra, and more.   They are all as shady as any other multi national company.  Thing is, they also create a bunch of stuff that saves a bunch of lives.  If I'm ever rushed to the hospital I won't be asking who the manufacturer is of any life saving drugs they want to pump in me. 

its like companies are designed to make money 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I wonder if he’s getting it from RFKjr back in 2015. It’s the only place I have found the 70% number but even then it’s in reference to all major networks, not just CNN.

https://trueactivist.com/robert-f-kennedy-jr-says-70-of-news-advertising-revenue-comes-from-big-pharma-t1/

When you look into it the advertising $ are spent on a myriad of drugs like Skyrizi, Ozempic, & Paxlovid -for everything from psoriasis  to weight loss to treatment for covid. Oddly enough CNN doesn’t even make the top 4 in ad revenue from pharma.

IMG_0615.png

I find this funny. I'd like to hear what Kennedy has for heart or cancer medicine replacements. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

It looks like those shows that discredit RFK jr are actually 100% funded by them, i mean it says right in the intro regardless of what your pre-pandemic stats suggest.

Julain Lennon (John Lennons son) tweeted this the other day 'If you still get all your news from cable Tv outlets, you are officially a zombie' something like that. 

I agree with him, all they care about is profits and the party they are controlled by. They are liars, obviously.

17 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

It looks like those shows that discredit RFK jr are actually 100% funded by them, i mean it says right in the intro regardless of what your pre-pandemic stats suggest.

Julain Lennon (John Lennons son) tweeted this the other day 'If you still get all your news from cable Tv outlets, you are officially a zombie' something like that. 

I agree with him, all they care about is profits and the party they are controlled by. They are liars, obviously.

Just curious, do you eat, drive, drink, play golf, shop on Amazon....

30 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Well, as I said, we are all entitled to our opinions.

One of my opinions is that I don't really care who is funding those who point out that RFK - for reasons I don't fully understand - is spreading dangerous lies.

Oh, and everybody cares about profits.  Weren't you recently complaining about a lack of profit for musicians?

I suppose I should consider the other side of the argument:  Pfizer advertises.  Most people think RFK is a twit.   Coincidence?  Not if you know how to connect the dots.

EDIT & BTW - Google Bextra to see the huge fine Pfizer rightly had to pay for their greed and dishonesty and to see how all those main stream media outlets openly reported about it.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Well, as I said, we are all entitled to our opinions.

One of my opinions is that I don't really care who is funding those who point out that RFK - for reasons I don't fully understand - is spreading dangerous lies.

Oh, and everybody cares about profits.  Weren't you recently complaining about a lack of profit for musicians?

I suppose I should consider the other side of the argument:  Pfizer advertises.  Most people think RFK is a twit.   Coincidence?  Not if you know how to connect the dots.

No, i don't know where you heard that. The only thing i said on here that could be even remotely close to that is that i haven't monetized my own stuff. I have no idea what it could make me. If i made a few bucks on an Ep, i would be happy. I had 3 songs played on FM radio in England.

These 3 alone could make an Ep that could net me something, hopefully. I will release it on band camp. I don't make formulaic songs, i use my improvisational talent from years of listening to different music. Here are my 3 hits, played on Space Is The Place Radio in Barlow/Furness England, We are mutual followers on X. 

Would you buy these? I'll give you three Rob Eh's for a 5 dollar bill. (No politics or conspiracies in my music)

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Funny.

Just curious what business you think should be allowed to advertise.

All of them but it shouldn't have any bearing on the content provided, especially when it masquerades as a news outlet. Just call it what it is, an infomercial.

4 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

All of them but it shouldn't have any bearing on the content provided, especially when it masquerades as a news outlet. Just call it what it is, an infomercial.

I'm not in disagreement about CNN being questionable at times, so long as the same extension is being applied to Fox and other outlets who are also questionable.

This shouldn't be a left vs right question so much as an overall news media issue.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm not in disagreement about CNN being questionable at times, so long as the same extension is being applied to Fox and other outlets who are also questionable.

This shouldn't be a left vs right question so much as an overall news media issue.

I agree 100%. The moderate left and right have far more in common than the far left and far right. Centrist is the way to be.

• Vintage 1

I think the far right is evil, always has been and I never thought about the far left until they started employing Maoist tactics in the high schools and universities. 

These tactics are identical to China's cultural revolution of the sixties. Mao had implemented such terrible policies (the great leap forward), such as killing all the birds so they didn't eat the crops. Well, this act caused millions to starve because the locusts the birds ate, devoured everything.

Instead of admitting defeat and stepping aside and allowing his administers to do their jobs (they quit listening to his insanity and focused on producing food). He used the students to rebel against them. Now they are back pretending to be farmers again.

Communists always need a bourgeois and a proletariate. Since most of these leftists and marxists in universities are actually bourgeois and elitists themselves in every sense of the word, they replace elite bourgeois with anyone that dares disagree. These are communist tactics and right out of their own literature.

Far Right are evil and far left think they are morally superior, yet commit evil in the name of the greater good. That makes them just as dangerous, give them an inch, they take a mile in every country they destroyed.

25 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I think the far right is evil, always has been and I never thought about the far left until they started employing Maoist tactics in the high schools and universities. 

These tactics are identical to China's cultural revolution of the sixties. Mao had implemented such terrible policies (the great leap forward), such as killing all the birds so they didn't eat the crops. Well, this act caused millions to starve because the locusts the birds ate, devoured everything.

Instead of admitting defeat and stepping aside and allowing his administers to do their jobs (they quit listening to his insanity and focused on producing food). He used the students to rebel against them. Now they are back pretending to be farmers again.

Communists always need a bourgeois and a proletariate. Since most of these leftists and marxists in universities are actually bourgeois and elitists themselves in every sense of the word, they replace elite bourgeois with anyone that dares disagree. These are communist tactics and right out of their own literature.

Far Right are evil and far left think they are morally superior, yet commit evil in the name of the greater good. That makes them just as dangerous, give them an inch, they take a mile in every country they destroyed.

What exactly are you referring to as "Maoist tactics"? Like what actual tactics are they using in the schools? I'd be curious as to where you're getting such information in order to make you reach such conclusions.

Edited by The Lock