US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Jasmine Crockett from Texas ❤️ 

More of her please.  She's spicy

Her twitter feed is scorching

image.thumb.png.c68e032e840f0593b218f0fbf3727dac.png

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 1.09.30 PM.png

Can she run for President?  If so, I'd vote for her.  Even though I don't have the right to vote in erections (whoops, freudian slip!) elections south of the 49th. 

:hurhur:

40 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I....I love her

She's magnificent

29 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Seems smart, eloquent & frankly, while having no bearing on her job, beautiful. 

6 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

image.gif.1924e41e10eca2031fe889e17cc97740.gif

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Can she run for President?  If so, I'd vote for her.  Even though I don't have the right to vote in erections (whoops, freudian slip!) elections south of the 49th.

:hurhur:

Weird how all the major networks had wall to wall coverage of the Trump impeachment hearings

Yet none of the major networks are covering the Biden impeachment hearings going on today.

The more you question, the more you will see how the "system" works and who controls it. Those who control the media, control what you think.

As Jim Morrison of The Doors once famously said, “Whoever controls the media, controls the mind,”  (My vintage!)

Similarly, Noam Chomsky in his book from 1991 Media Control , “He who controls the media controls the minds of the public".

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/republicans-panic-as-democrats-call-for-giuliani-to-be-subpoenaed-where-is-rudy/ar-AA1hpfdW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f93f02d58cd346c6a1173d924137789b&ei=38#comments

"

Republicans panicked Thursday as a line of questioning at the impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden turned to Rudy Giuliani's involvement in searching for information in Ukraine – and Rep. Kweisi Mfume (D-MD) motioned to subpoena the former president's ex-lawyer.

Republicans immediately called for his motion to be tabled, but too many chairs in the room were empty for them to secure that vote. Chairman Rep. James Comer (R-KY) called for a "voice vote," but Democrats asked for the names to be recorded. Comer tried to railroad the requests, but it wasn't working

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) stood up and paced about the back row, nervously licking his lips and giving orders to people who hurried from the room.

Rep. Nancy Mace (R-NC) came in and asked what they were voting on. Comer told her it was about subpoenaing Giuliani.

"Well, he doesn’t have a lot to do with this," Mace said before voting to table the subpoena.

After Republicans were able to bring back their members, they passed the motion to table Giuliani's subpoena.

Mfume wasn't happy.

"I do reclaim my time and I asked my question where in the world is Rudy Giuliani?" he shouted. "And that is how we got here, ladies and gentlemen. This committee is afraid to bring him before us and put him on the record. Shame. The question was raised, what does this have to do with it? It has everything to do with it. And [witness University of North Carolina law] Professor [Michael Gerhardt], in your testimony you said, in every impeachment inquiry beforehand, the House has identified some credible evidence of wrongdoing committed by the targeted president, is that correct?"

"Yes, sir," said Gerhardt.

"Would you say House Republicans have made an unprecedented overreach of congressional power?" Mfume asked.

"It strikes me that it is," the GOP witness said.

AA1hphzo.img?w=534&h=332&m=6&x=399&y=128

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

The more you question, the more you will see how the "system" works and who controls it.

Your boy know's that..

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/02/598794433/video-reveals-power-of-sinclair-as-local-news-anchors-recite-script-in-unison

The irony of forcing media outlets to talk about the dangers of media outlets being biased.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Your boy know's that..

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/02/598794433/video-reveals-power-of-sinclair-as-local-news-anchors-recite-script-in-unison

The irony of forcing media outlets to talk about the dangers of media outlets being biased.

And you think the news isn’t fake / propaganda 

lol

https://www.webfx.com/blog/internet/the-6-companies-that-own-almost-all-media-infographic/

Your boy know's that..

It's a shame that Rotten Ronnie's administration scrapped the Fairness Doctrine.  That's the root cause for people listening to the rants of deranged idiots on YouTube instead of accredited, legitimate reporters.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

And you think the news isn’t fake / propaganda 

lol

When did i say that? i told you about two people that claimed, in their words, that Trump reads Nazi speeches. That's all bud. 

Why do people put 'lol' in things so much when they arn't funny?

• Cheers 2

When did i say that? i told you about two people that claimed, in their words, that Trump reads Nazi speeches. That's all bud. 

Why do people put 'lol' in things so much when they arn't funny?

And I responded that his actions and ideology don’t show he’s a fascist, nor a Nazi.

so what’s your point? You’re trying to imply he is. Hitler as awful as he was, was a supreme orator, many in the world today use the same techniques

trying to suggest Trump is a fascist because of that is a red herring argument and please don’t pretend that wasn’t your intent. 

1 minute ago, BlockerHigh said:

And I responded that his actions and ideology don’t show he’s a fascist, nor a Nazi.

so what’s your point? You’re trying to imply he is. Hitler as awful as he was, was a supreme orator, many in the world today use the same techniques

trying to suggest Trump is a fascist because of that is a red herring argument and please don’t pretend that wasn’t your intent. 

I told you why I dont like Trump.

I told you I never called him a nazi.

I told you that people that were very close to him said he kept Hitler stuff beside his bed. John Kelly said Trump praised Hitler.

That's what I told you. Everything else is you putting your versions for your ryhme and reasons to my statements.

You don't know my intent as it was simply to inform you about what people have said about him. You just reply with media bad, when i was talking about what , again, people that know him have actually said. With their mouths, not refuting any reports about what they said when any media reported it. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

I don't know who this is but I think I love her. "These are our national secrets, looks like in the sh**er to me". 😍

I watched that live, every single person there was looking at here, like. WTF is wrong with her? The next guy pointed out they were debating 1786 not the absurdities of 2020 twitter. That person is unfit for her position.

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Just a wild guess, but maybe because the simple-minded will find anything to be funny, even the un-funny.  🤷‍♂️

I think it is a dismissive attempt.

Like, I laugh at your statement.

When I worked in nightclubs I would hear that nervous laugh from some guys that thought they were saying something tough or cutting. They might try to roast someone then look around for approval. They were often...well, you know the type...loud as a motorbike...

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I watched that live, every single person there was looking at here, like. WTF is wrong with her? The next guy pointed out they were debating 1786 not the absurdities of 2020 twitter. That person is unfit for her position.

What else would a republican say after that, of course they are going to attack the person while ignoring the message. That's how the right likes to debate. What is absurd though, is to suggest the reason they were all there is to debate 1786??!?

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Well to be fair, the networks all ran the Trump show, because it was an actual Impeachment.

This is an Impeachment Inquiry. This is where House GOP members desperately try and come up with a reason to pursue and Impeachment, even though they have neither the votes to do so, nor any actual evidence that would justify one...

Evidence 

bank records 

Emails

texts

WhatsApp messages 

biden was on 20 calls with this son and his business partners

irs whistleblower testimony 

business partner testimony 

and now this 

I would posit the idea of “no evidence” is clearly something the media wants you to believe and not the truth. 

I would suggest following the House Judiciary GOP and Kevin McCarthy on Twitter to see what you are not being informed of. Examining both sides of the argument is very important, it seems from your post you’re only getting what the main stream media wants you to see. You can then also compare what you read and see there Vs how the media “spins” it… and then assess for yourself. 

trump was impeached for uncovering Biden’s corruption in Ukraine.

I for one find that disturbing. But then again; the govt has a history of going after people who expose it. Assange, Snowden, etc. 

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Well to be fair, the networks all ran the Trump show, because it was an actual Impeachment.

This is an Impeachment Inquiry. This is where House GOP members desperately try and come up with a reason to pursue and Impeachment, even though they have neither the votes to do so, nor any actual evidence that would justify one...

But wait, there were these two wire transfers that were sent from Beijing to Biden's home in Delaware.

But when you dig a little deeper, the payments were from board members of a company that Hunter also sat on the board.  And during the time those transfers happened, Hunter was staying at the family home.  And the payments were to him.

Oooops

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BlockerHigh said:

Weird how all the major networks had wall to wall coverage of the Trump impeachment hearings

Yet none of the major networks are covering the Biden impeachment hearings going on today.

The more you question, the more you will see how the "system" works and who controls it. Those who control the media, control what you think.

As Jim Morrison of The Doors once famously said, “Whoever controls the media, controls the mind,”  (My vintage!)

Similarly, Noam Chomsky in his book from 1991 Media Control , “He who controls the media controls the minds of the public".