US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

27 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Let me make you feel worse then. lol  

In most 1st world countries, they want at least some college, preferably a a fully graduated diploma.  In the US?  A pulse and a GED (high school diploma equivalency exam).

Also, some SWAT in the US are part time and not always regular PD.  If a department wants, they can round up a bunch of local yokels hand them rifles and call them SWAT.  I only just learned this one recently.

We need "Hondo" to come back out of retirement:

When cops were the cool guys on TV.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

To be fair, in the zenith of the "cold war" (1960s), I think this guy, a KGB agent for Russia was the more popular star of this US TV series:

This one pre-dates me, but I do know the show.  It used to run on occasional repeats in the early days of basic cable TV in the 80's.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Let me make you feel worse then. lol  

In most 1st world countries, they want at least some college, preferably a a fully graduated diploma.  In the US?  A pulse and a GED (high school diploma equivalency exam).

Also, some SWAT in the US are part time and not always regular PD.  If a department wants, they can round up a bunch of local yokels hand them rifles and call them SWAT.  I only just learned this one recently.

Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

You sound like a lib. 

I'm holding the fucking receipt in hand. It says sub total $298.05 Under that it says taxable value GST 26.14 PST 12.18 then tax value GST 1.31 = $300.22.

Why the fuck would i lie about that? I'm screen shooting the receipt and putting this whole conversation on X, I wasn't but if a bunch of Trudeau libs will call me a liar, i will.

So you paid $1.32 of tax, not $40 as you previously posted. Sounds like math isn’t your thing. Spare yourself the embarrassment of posting your receipt. Ask one of your friends to explain the receipt to you.

What’s a lib anyway? I’ve been a businessman since 1982. Don’t know what you’re on about.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

So you paid $1.32 of tax, not $40 as you previously posted. Sounds like math isn’t your thing. Spare yourself the embarrassment of posting your receipt. Ask one of your friends to explain the receipt to you.

What’s a lib anyway? I’ve been a businessman since 1982. Don’t know what you’re on about.

Can you read? 

44 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

This one pre-dates me, but I do know the show.  It used to run on occasional repeats in the early days of basic cable TV in the 80's.

Another ancient show that started early in the 1970s (when the Vietnam was still in full swing) starring an Asian hero lead (ok, the guy playing him was white but he didn't play it like the Mickey Rooney character in Breakfast at Tiffany's):

imho, a show ahead of its time (still managed to last a few seasons during at time when the "Western" on TV was dying out I think).  heh, I think the show was only allowed to show X number of punches during each show since it was during 'prime time' hours at the time.🤣

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

Anyone that thinks i just paid $1.32 of tax on $200 of groceries and $100 gift card does not live in Canada, especially not BC, where we pay more tax than anyone.

You really need to get out and about some if you believe that. 

4 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Sit there and point the finger at Trump while Pattison and the liberal government fleeces you.

Who's more ruthless, Trump or Pattison? Pattison is croony, oligarch capitalist, he's just too ball-less to do it in the open. It's ok if its a lib fleecing us though, eh?

What does Pattison have to do with the liberal government?   I have no clue how he votes but If I were to guess I wouldn't think liberal (fully admitting my guess might be wrong).

I do know he has given a pile of money away.  He's religious and believes in giving 10% of his money to charity.   He's always done that so it adds up to a lot of millions.

I'd ask if Trump has done the same but I think I already know the answer.   And,  in a similar fashion to one of my earlier posts, I think if we were to list the transgressions of old rich white dudes and sort them by political stripe it's going to be a long day.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Anyone that thinks i just paid $1.32 of tax on $200 of groceries and $100 gift card does not live in Canada, especially not BC, where we pay more tax than anyone.

You paid 1.32 of tax on your groceries?

26.14 x 5% = $1.30

$12.18 x 7% =$.84

Total $2.14

Sounds like you got off light

I live in BC and I understand these numbers. You live in your own little world and you don’t understand. We don’t pay tax on basic groceries in BC.

We pay 5% GST on non basic groceries.

End of story.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

What does Pattison have to do with the liberal government?   I have no clue how he votes but If I were to guess I wouldn't think liberal (fully admitting my guess might be wrong).

I do know he has given a pile of money away.  He's religious and believes in giving 10% of his money to charity.   He's always done that so it adds up to a lot of millions.

I'd ask if Trump has done the same but I think I already know the answer.   And,  in a similar fashion to one of my earlier posts, I think if we were to list the transgressions of old rich white dudes and sort them by political stripe it's going to be a long day.

Self-made man as far as I know (Pattison).  He wasn't born on third base with Barry Bonds in the batter's box like Orange man.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Sit there and point the finger at Trump while Pattison and the liberal government fleeces you.

Who's more ruthless, Trump or Pattison? Pattison is croony, oligarch capitalist, he's just too ball-less to do it in the open. It's ok if its a lib fleecing us though, eh?

Sorry, what office is Pattison running for?

7 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

It's weird how leftists can sit their and talk about capitalism but become all obtuse when it comes to Phizer, a company that has lost tons of anti-trust law suits.

Gass lighting doesn't work on me, i bring receipts. 

Lets see the "receipts" that prove CNN gets 70% of it's ad revenue from Big Pharma. There were several posts refuting this claim right after you made it, but zero "receipts" followed....