US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Anyone that thinks i just paid $1.32 of tax on $200 of groceries and $100 gift card does not live in Canada, especially not BC, where we pay more tax than anyone.

Assuming all the items you purchased were taxable, you should have paid $36 in tax on a $300 dollar purchase....

However, that is not what you originally claimed:

On 12/24/2023 at 1:04 PM, Rob Eh said:

Didn't our government just do the same thing with every type of food. I paid over 40 bucks of tax for 160 worth of food. Where does all that tax money go, the god Gaia?

Maybe you can see why people were calling bullshit.....because it was.

• Cheers 1

So, why don't they just state how much you paid in taxes on groceries? Why do they hide the amount? You can't sit there and tell me i just paid 1.32 gets in taxes on $200 of food at a store that charges $5.49 for a litre of table cream. Costco bills tell you right on it what you pay in tax, why is QF so obtuse.

So cream and coffee is a non essential now, so we have to pay a carbon tax? How does this make any sense?

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Assuming all the items you purchased were taxable, you should have paid $36 in tax on a $300 dollar purchase....

However, that is not what you originally claimed:

Maybe you can see why people were calling bullshit.....because it was.

So you think we taxed less than a dollar on $100 worth of food, nice world you live in.

Just now, Rob Eh said:

So you think we taxed less than a dollar on $100 worth of food, nice world you live in.

Where do you get that from? I said no such thing.

If every food item you purchased were subject to both GST and PST, you would pay $12 in tax.

That doesn't change the fact that you were way off the mark with your claim of having paid $40 on $160 worth of food.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I don't know that "great" is the word I would use.....

...."smart" seems more accurate....

I have to agree my family lived in Nut Mountain Sask when I was born. Came to BC looking for the mountain. Don’t know how it got away, must have been able to see it for days. 😜

2 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

I have to agree my family lived in Nut Mountain Sask when I was born. Came to BC looking for the mountain. Don’t know how it got away, must have been able to see it for days. 😜

The only "mountain" I ever heard of in Sask was Blackstrap, which as I understand it, was "built" out of a big pile of dirt and rocks so they could go skiing once in a while....

Just now, RupertKBD said:

The only "mountain" I ever heard of in Sask was Blackstrap, which as I understand it, was "built" out of a big pile of dirt and rocks so they could go skiing once in a while....

It is also known as Testical Heights. 😜

Not far from the home of Wendel Clark. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

The European part of my family has been here since the mid 1800's, my family grew up on the boom, logging.

Considering i'm also Coastal Salish, we've been her longer than all of you combined, unless you too are Coastal Salish.

3 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

The European part of my family has been here since the mid 1800's, my family grew up on the boom, logging.

Considering i'm also Coastal Salish, we've been her longer than all of you combined, unless you too are Coastal Salish.

First time I've ever heard anyone of Coast Salish decent refer to themselves as Coastal Salish. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

RFK is the only true liberal left, the deep state killed both his father and uncle and you 're out here trying to bury him politically because he offended the pharma gods or went on a show you don't like. PATHETIC.

Couple of things:

1. RFK Jr. is a whacko and his own family says he's not the man his father or uncle were. He's about as liberal as Richard Nixon. And people are trying to bury him politically because he is an idiot.

2. The deep state did not kill John or Bobby. The deep state does not exist, except in the otherwise empty minds of those who worship at the altar of Maga and Qanon.

3. If he did in fact offend the pharma gods, how can the pharma gods bury him politically? You really think the pharma gods give a fat rat's ass about what a RFK Jr. has to say about anything? He has almost zero credibility on just about everything.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Couple of things:

1. RFK Jr. is a whacko and his own family says he's not the man his father or uncle were. He's about as liberal as Richard Nixon. And people are trying to bury him politically because he is an idiot.

2. The deep state did not kill John or Bobby. The deep state does not exist, except in the otherwise empty minds of those who worship at the altar of Maga and Qanon.

3. If he did in fact offend the pharma gods, how can the pharma gods bury him politically? You really think the pharma gods give a fat rat's ass about what a RFK Jr. has to say about anything? He has almost zero credibility on just about everything.

Nixon actually did some good things before he lost it and ordered the Watergate stuff. 

EPA, ended the draft, some international relations work, some voting rights stuff I believe as well. He'd be so much better than anyone the GOP have now. 

Edited by Bob Long

11 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Couple of things:

Ok who did kill JFK?

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There’s no way any sane voting population will ever choose the Orange Ass Clown over Biden? 
The world needs Biden, especially right now with what’s going on in Ukraine and the Middle East.
The US voters will get it right. They will note be fooled twice. 

There's your problem right there, Alf....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1