US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

12 hours ago, 112 said:

The more I read about it, the more it seems like Trump's eligibility is foundational upon whether the President is considered an officer of the U.S.. Of course, it's a well-established principle of statute interpretation that the intentions of the lawmakers when creating an article are important as to its application. Nobody could have seen Trump coming from 200 years in the past--but somehow I doubt if they had a crystal ball that they'd write the 14th in such a way that it excludes him.

Most of the sources I've come across suggest that the President is not considered an officer, which is disappointing, however.

People keep forgetting that the 14th was written with a focused purpose.  To keep the Confederates from gaining political power. 

The fear was that they would do politically what they failed to do militarily.  It was written in a way to discourage state politicians in the future from following in the Confederates footsteps.

This is why I keep saying and think that the 4 self-admitted originalists on the court will vote in favor of Trump(Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Coney Barrett).  Trump doesn't fit the intention of the drafters of that amendment.  That leaves the other 5 justices to decide Trump's fate.  Out of the 5 left, 3 of them are more likely than not to vote against him.  That leaves 2 justices (Alito,Roberts).  Alito, unlike the other 4 justices has never claimed to be an originalist but the majority of his past rulings lean that way.  Roberts is a moderate right judge who seems to believe in more of a "living constitutional" approach.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 112 said:

but it's literally in the constitution that insurrectionists cannot hold office.

meanwhile, it's republicans filing to remove trump from the ballots as these rulings apply to the primaries. a democrat would not have standing to file against trump for the republican nomination.

doesnt matter... its a federal matter not a state one... no their decision

Trump Posts Late-Night Ramble On Truth Social Predicting Dems Will Use Migrants To Win Elections: ‘Signing Them Up’ to Vote at a ‘Rapid Pace’

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-posts-late-night-ramble-on-truth-social-predicting-dems-will-use-migrants-to-win-elections-signing-them-up-to-vote-at-a-rapid-pace/

It’s becoming more and more obvious to me why the “Crazed” Democrats are allowing millions and millions of totally unvetted migrants into our once great Country. IT’S SO THEY CAN VOTE, VOTE, VOTE. They are signing them up at a rapid pace, without even knowing who the hell they are. It all makes sense now. Republicans better wake up and do something, before it is too late. Are you listening Mitch McConnell?

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 112 said:

SCOTUS will have the final say, but I'm not sure why you think this.

a federal matter is a federal matter... a federal election is a federal election...

a state participating in a federal election is a federal matter

a state who alters the voting choices without consent from the federal governments... is unconstitutional... A governor who alters the vote unconstitutionally should be trialed for treason no matter what they think is right or wrong. perhaps the orange man is not legal to be elected and sure thats okay, but make the federal make that choice... if they dont you have bigger issues than trump

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Posts Late-Night Ramble On Truth Social Predicting Dems Will Use Migrants To Win Elections: ‘Signing Them Up’ to Vote at a ‘Rapid Pace’

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-posts-late-night-ramble-on-truth-social-predicting-dems-will-use-migrants-to-win-elections-signing-them-up-to-vote-at-a-rapid-pace/

It’s becoming more and more obvious to me why the “Crazed” Democrats are allowing millions and millions of totally unvetted migrants into our once great Country. IT’S SO THEY CAN VOTE, VOTE, VOTE. They are signing them up at a rapid pace, without even knowing who the hell they are. It all makes sense now. Republicans better wake up and do something, before it is too late. Are you listening Mitch McConnell?

whats the estimate number of immigrants in the US? illegal and legal?

and i mean it makes sense as silly as the article makes it seem... if a illegal immigrant were to vote likely they would vote Biden

1 minute ago, MidKnight Ego said:

a federal matter is a federal matter... a federal election is a federal election...

a state participating in a federal election is a federal matter

a state who alters the voting choices without consent from the federal governments... is unconstitutional... A governor who alters the vote unconstitutionally should be trialed for treason no matter what they think is right or wrong. perhaps the orange man is not legal to be elected and sure thats okay, but make the federal make that choice... if they dont you have bigger issues than trump

That might be how you feel about the whole thing and how you'd like it all to work but I think you'd best do some research before saying that's how it actually works.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

That might be how you feel about the whole thing and how you'd like it all to work but I think you'd best do some research before saying that's how it actually works.

i really dont have to... im so confident, that is should work this way, that if it doesnt... the US has a bigger problem than a big orange man

15 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

i really dont have to... im so confident, that is should work this way, that if it doesnt... the US has a bigger problem than a big orange man

State-level courts being able to rule on state ballots is a bigger problem than the guy who wants to become a dictator?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 112 said:

State-level courts being able to rule on state ballots is a bigger problem than the guy who wants to become a dictator?

You don't get to rig an election because you imagine the front runner wants to be a dictator, thats madness.

well the electors 'pledge' for who they will vote for... the poular vote for the electors... who vote for their candidate... "once someone tried a trickeroo carpet trick" and the court was allowed to force the elector to vote for their pledge... so the governor removing electors who were deemed competent canditates already seems wild... and likely illegal... so the state better smarten up quick and demand answers from the federal

i think its more paranoia then anything... the fact two states are doing this now means they know how the criminal case will shakeout if they lose and are preparing and sending a message... that message is unclear and likely fueled by paranoia

4 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

He hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet? If he does, then sure go wild. Until then though, don't see how you can remove him

7 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

You don't get to rig an election because you imagine the front runner wants to be a dictator, thats madness.

• Cheers 1

People need to understand the history of why the USA formed it's government they way it did , and it goes way beyond taxation issues

2 main cornerstones that guided the US Constitution are based on the USA having elected representatives and not royalty ( no one person is above the law or better than. Any other citizen ). And restricting the churches power in governance ( they took the whole seperation of church and state very serious )

With Trump his actions undermine the key principles of what the US Constitution was based on. That's the real genasis of this shit show we are now seeing.

As soon as even one person under the US Constitution can assert their actions are outside the law - your back in a monarchy and not a democracy.

Tump.stacked.the supreme court to the point that it is now nothing more than a political branch of the Republican party.  It's sad to see.that individual states are now doing what in fact should be done by the federal courts and should.have happened 2 years ago.  The US Constitution for good reasons bars people who have tried to overthrow government from running .... 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

He hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet? If he does, then sure go wild. Until then though, don't see how you can remove him

They seem to think they can remove him with dishonest memes made by "democracy now ". Not happening in reality. He is on video telling the protestors to peacefully go home, the old owners of twitter were kowtowing to the fraudulent FBI and removed it 5 minutes after it was posted and banned him from social media.

He also offered 10,000 national guard to Nancy Pelosi, the house leader, who turned that down and opened the flood gates to the protestors.

These are facts, not memes. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

Let's see....a rape charge and fraud...hmmm

Stormy Daniels? The feminist that said it was verbal rape? Thats laughable. 

Over apraising Mar-a-Lago? The bank was completey silent, you know, the ones that do the appraising.

Both of those are dirty tricks, much like this sham. Democrat is in name only, they are the exact opposite of democracy, they prefer a banana republic where elections are just political theatre. They always over ride the will of the people, such as Hillary over Sanders.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Rob Eh said:

Stormy Daniels? The feminist that said it was verbal rape? Thats laughable. 

Over apraising Mar-a-Lago? The bank was completey silent, you know, the ones that do the appraising.

Both of those are dirty tricks, much like this sham. Democrat is in name only, they are the exact opposite of democracy, they prefer a banana republic where elections are just political theatre. They always over ride the will of the people, such as Hillary over Sanders.

E. JEAN CARROLL

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

They seem to think they can remove him with dishonest memes made by "democracy now ". Not happening in reality. He is on video telling the protestors to peacefully go home, the old owners of twitter were kowtowing to the fraudulent FBI and removed it 5 minutes after it was posted and banned him from social media.

He also offered 10,000 national guard to Nancy Pelosi, the house leader, who turned that down and opened the flood gates to the protestors.

You're rewriting history to suit yourself. You should look at the timeline and all the evidence from weeks BEFORE Jan 6th...DURING Jan 6th and AFTER Jan 6th. Your ferret-headed dude is in it up to his hairline glue  

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Those are opinions; not facts.   

I'll say again you have every right to your opinions.  You have every right to voice them.   Call an opinion a fact though and I'll call you out.  (because I'm truly anal about stuff like that)

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Those are opinions; not facts.   

I'll say again you have every right to your opinions.  You have every right to voice them.   Call an opinion a fact though and I'll call you out.  Bbecause I'm truly anal about stuff like that)

Read em and weep. Elon owns X now.

• Haha 2