US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Rob Eh said:

I like how you democratically ignore the part about 10,000 national guard.

Not missing a single thing

If Trump didn't call the charge !!!!  It doesn't happen - full stop 

If the national guard was present and.he.called.for.the whitehouse to be stormed the death toll.would.have been worse.

All Trump had to do was hold his rally away from.the whitehouse and NOT call for the storming of the whitehouse and this would have never happened 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

The point is the video he posted was taken down 5 minutes after it was posted and they kicked him off social media. He said the election was stolen but go home, we have to have peace. They said the opposite but the video still exists in that tweet.

I saw Trump's video on CNN on Jan 6.   I believe it was shown on all news outlets.   Maybe you missed it while only following Twitter.

Yes, he called for peace and law and order.  A great many of us have what we feel are valid concerns over things that happened just prior to Trump making that video after finally succumbing from pleas from all corners to actually say something to defuse an unprecedented and deadly situation.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

You say that, but there is no actual evidence that he actually signed any order for those troops.  And Pelosi doesn't control the guard or any armed forces.  There is actual footage of Pelosi and other members negotiating with governors about their states national guard units, but were faced with the roadblock that TRUMP had to order them.  All because there was radio silence from team TRUMP. 

This is a long debunked bs talking point, unless you can provide an actual link to an actual source. 

Was it talked about by team TRUMP?   According to team TRUMP, possibly.  Was it actually acted on?  Big NOPE.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

List them.

Oh FFS....You're either trolling because you're bored or truly believe all the horseshit being spewed by MAGA and it's media mouthpieces. The people here refuting and debunking the BS you and your ilk have been posting have spent the last 8+ years explaining the truth, sharing the evidence etc. Frankly, we're tired and fed up having to do so EVERY SINGLE TIME someone decides to trot out all the old, debunked, disproven bullshit once again in a hysterical rant. So, you're either wearing blinders, have drunk the kool-aid, can't read, are wilfully ignorant or are trolling for shits and giggles. The FACTS speak for themselves.

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

List them.

It's a long list.  Possibly going to grow longer with the audio release from Michigan and the fake elector scheme there.  Michigan being one of the states that has indicted fake electors already. 

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2023/trump-criminal-investigations-cases-tracker-list/

Tracking the Trump criminal cases

A definitive guide to the key players and legal risks in the four criminal probes of Donald Trump.

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

You say that, but there is no actual evidence that he actually signed any order for those troops.  And Pelosi doesn't control the guard or any armed forces.  There is actual footage of Pelosi and other members negotiating with governors about their states national guard units, but were faced with the roadblock that TRUMP had to order them.  All because there was radio silence from team TRUMP. 

This is a long debunked bs talking point, unless you can provide an actual link to an actual source. 

Was it talked about by team TRUMP?   According to team TRUMP, possibly.  Was it actually acted on?  Big NOPE.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

List them.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/15/here-are-the-91-counts-trump-is-facing-in-4-different-cases/

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-cases-georgia-washington-florida-nyc-charges-key-dates-213951743.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/trump-charges-jan-6-classified-documents/

"

Former president Donald Trump faces a total of 91 charges across four criminal cases. They include 44 federal charges and 47 state charges, all of them felonies. Trump has denied wrongdoing in each case.

trump_charge_topper-xlarge.jpg?v=21

FEDERAL

STATE

Jan. 6

election case

Classified

documents case

N.Y. falsifying

business records case

Georgia 2020

election case

Latest

charges

The most severe federal counts are those related to obstruction, which is punishable by up to 20 years imprisonment. Defendants, however, rarely receive the maximum sentences, and it is uncertain if Trump would be incarcerated even if he were found guilty in any of the cases.

• Thanks 2

Who TF is Wayne and why TF should I be compelled to believe anything he says?   As you may know, you can say whatever you want on X.

Here's a bit of a tweet you posted yesterday regarding Jeffrey Epstein.  I'd say you and I are both in agreement that he was a truly horrible POS.  I laughed a bit though when I saw this spin on that tragic story:

Jeffrey Epstein was a fake billionaire set up by intelligence services. His private island functioned as a massive child sex trafficking ring that was used to collect blackmail on the global elite (billionaires, celebrities and politicians, etc).

Why just report on scumbag pedophile billionaires when you can make the story even more nefarious than that?

• Vintage 1

The whole case boils down to citizens go to the courts if they feel wronged - monarchs overthrow governments by passing the courts 

Every angle Trump has floated in court he has failed to have the election overturned or ruled against. 

It's settled case law that the last election was legal.and legimate

This whole mess should have gone straight to the US supreme Court and been settled at that time.

The delay has led Trump supporters to believe there is truths where there never has been and that's why they are up in arms now. 

After Jan 6 the general.assumption was Republicans.themselves.would take grandpa's keys away. That was the biggest mistake made. In 2021 this should.have been brought directly to the supreme Court for final ruling ....

I'd bet if they had ruled him ineligible that Biden would have retired after one term and both parties could have gotten back to some sort of normality and in the end the USA and the world would have been a better and safer place 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Who TF is Wayne and why TF should I be compelled to believe anything he says?   As you may know, you can say whatever you want on X.

Here's a bit of a tweet you posted yesterday regarding Jeffrey Epstein.  I'd say you and I are both in agreement that he was a truly horrible POS.  I laughed a bit though when I saw this spin on that tragic story:

Jeffrey Epstein was a fake billionaire set up by intelligence services. His private island functioned as a massive child sex trafficking ring that was used to collect blackmail on the global elite (billionaires, celebrities and politicians, etc).

Why just report on scumbag pedophile billionaires when you can make the story even more nefarious than that?

He was a heal, no doubt. If it's true that they were using it as a blackmail operation, they'd have compromised a lot of people. There are some powerful people in that list, apparently. He had an infamous painting of Bill Clinton in a dress in his home.

19 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

List them.

Done, here you go.

Trump criminal charges: Here are all 91 felony counts against the former president across 4 cases

Yahoo News breaks down exactly what Trump is being charged with in each case as well as the judges, prosecutors, co-defendants and key dates as he awaits trial.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-cases-georgia-washington-florida-nyc-charges-key-dates-213951743.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

He was a heal, no doubt. If it's true that they were using it as a blackmail operation, they'd have compromised a lot of people. There are some powerful people in that list, apparently. He had an infamous painting of Bill Clinton in a dress in his home.

Agreed on how evil he was, and how many 'names' were involved but that wasn't really my point.  My point was that Twitter is a garbage bin.

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Ok maybe I can't believe Wayne but Jennifer sounds believable.  After all, she's a Vegan mom of three boys and FFI Culinary Student

Yep someone was lying to the Jan 6th committee....Mark Meadows gonna have fun explaining himself. Especially when Miller and Pierson testify...oh, Mr. Trump..you may have mentioned 10-20 thousand but nobody ...NOBODY took it as an 'order' and NO ORDER was ever signed or even drawn up to be signed. Bloody hell, these people are EXHAUSTING in their zeal to try and make Trump their dictator.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Trump did not sign an order to deploy 20,000 troops on Jan. 6

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-order-national-guard-156055113284

Fact check: Trump repeats false claim that Pelosi rejected request for National Guard ahead of Jan. 6

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/12/16/fact-check-no-trump-request-10000-guard-troops-jan-6/8929215002/

Jan. 6 committee yet again debunks Trump claim of 10,000 troops

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/01/04/jan-6-committee-yet-again-debunks-trump-claim-10000-troops/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Done, here you go.

Trump criminal charges: Here are all 91 felony counts against the former president across 4 cases

Yahoo News breaks down exactly what Trump is being charged with in each case as well as the judges, prosecutors, co-defendants and key dates as he awaits trial.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-cases-georgia-washington-florida-nyc-charges-key-dates-213951743.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Rudy Giuliani knows a thing or two about that RICO statute.

I thought all of this was thrown out months ago, look at the date.

2 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Rudy Giuliani knows a thing or two about that RICO statute.

I thought all of this was thrown out months ago, look at the date.

Nope...it weren't. Wishful thinking and/or blinders are NOT making these charges magically disappear no matter how much MAGAts want them to. 😂😂

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump did not sign an order to deploy 20,000 troops on Jan. 6

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-order-national-guard-156055113284

Fact check: Trump repeats false claim that Pelosi rejected request for National Guard ahead of Jan. 6

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/12/16/fact-check-no-trump-request-10000-guard-troops-jan-6/8929215002/

Jan. 6 committee yet again debunks Trump claim of 10,000 troops

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/01/04/jan-6-committee-yet-again-debunks-trump-claim-10000-troops/

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

Nope...it weren't. Wishful thinking and/or blinders are NOT making these charges magically disappear no matter how much MAGAts want them to. 😂😂

Legit news sources only, please.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MidKnight Ego said:

doesnt matter... its a federal matter not a state one... no their decision

Incorrect. Trump can appeal to the Supreme Court, which may or may not agree to hear the case, but until such time, it is absolutely a State decision.

You may have heard about the Dobbs decision....in a nutshell, SCOTUS kicked that one back to the states.....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

He hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet? If he does, then sure go wild. Until then though, don't see how you can remove him

The Colorado court has already ruled that he engaged in an Insurrection. Now states are making their decisions based on that ruling.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

They seem to think they can remove him with dishonest memes made by "democracy now ". Not happening in reality. He is on video telling the protestors to peacefully go home, the old owners of twitter were kowtowing to the fraudulent FBI and removed it 5 minutes after it was posted and banned him from social media.

He also offered 10,000 national guard to Nancy Pelosi, the house leader, who turned that down and opened the flood gates to the protestors.

These are facts, not memes. 

No. They're not:

A government memo about the events leading up to Jan. 6, statements from Pelosi’s office and the Pentagon and testimony from the former House sergeant-at-arms show Trump did not request 10,000 troops ahead of the rally.

Drew Hammill, Pelosi's spokesperson, told USA TODAY that Pelosi’s office was not consulted or contacted regarding any request for the National Guard ahead of Jan. 6, and he noted the speaker of the House does not have the power to reject that type of request. 

Claims that Pelosi was in charge of Capitol security on Jan. 6 have been previously debunked by USA TODAY.  The Capitol Police are overseen by the Capitol Police Board and committees from the Senate and House of Representatives. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

Stormy Daniels? The feminist that said it was verbal rape? Thats laughable. 

Over apraising Mar-a-Lago? The bank was completey silent, you know, the ones that do the appraising.

Both of those are dirty tricks, much like this sham. Democrat is in name only, they are the exact opposite of democracy, they prefer a banana republic where elections are just political theatre. They always over ride the will of the people, such as Hillary over Sanders.

Not Stormy Daniels. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1