US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Looks like some extra "election interference" for Bone Spurs....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-set-to-go-to-trial-over-claims-he-duped-investors-into-backing-failed-video-phone/ar-AA1mjk7C?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=7cd69c4da754454583834929331c1fb3&ei=83

Donald Trump is set to face yet another trial this month involving allegations that he duped investors into putting money into a failed video phone.

The little-mentioned civil trial is scheduled to start on January 29, Newsweek reported Monday.

The lawsuit which was filed in 2018 claims Trump was paid millions of dollars to endorse the company ACN, which was marketing a video phone — a technology that became quickly outdated with the advent of smartphones.

The snake oil salesman being sued for selling snake oil....who would have guessed?

That being said, the old axiom about a fool and his money seems to fit here....

• Haha 2

What I don't get. Is Pumpkinhead using Make America Great Again the empty slogan. Normally if you say to an American the US is less than perfect. And they go ballistic. Yet here's a jackass basically saying America isn't great, yet people are worshipping this guy. And does nothing to make American lives better. It's an empty slogan just like his empty head. He only want to milk from the US, and make himself and his friends richer. I just don't get it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Looks like some extra "election interference" for Bone Spurs....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-set-to-go-to-trial-over-claims-he-duped-investors-into-backing-failed-video-phone/ar-AA1mjk7C?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=7cd69c4da754454583834929331c1fb3&ei=83

The snake oil salesman being sued for selling snake oil....who would have guessed?

That being said, the old axiom about a fool and his money seems to fit here....

Or as PT Barnum said. "There's a sucker born every minute..."

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What I don't get. Is Pumpkinhead using Make America Great Again the empty slogan. Normally if you say to an American the US is less than perfect. And they go ballistic. Yet here's a jackass basically saying America isn't great, yet people are worshipping this guy. And does nothing to make American lives better. It's an empty slogan just like his empty head. He only want to milk from the US, and make himself and his friends richer. I just don't get it.

None of it makes any sense....

One of Trump's latest inanities is that his inaction on Jan 6th didn't matter because he "wasn't campaigning"....:picard:

• Confused 2

On 12/30/2023 at 5:22 PM, Rob Eh said:

You can't be serious. You can't talk about legit sources and post a tweet by Brian Tyler Cohen, every body on twitter knows he;'s controlled by the dems like Brooklyn Dad. Both of those accounts are controlled directly by the DNC and they lie often. They are sick puppies.

Fact check away, if you can. America's economy is killing it (way better than here in Canada) and they've come out of the pandemic ahead of the rest of the western world. They lowered inflation faster, their GDP and wage growth is hot, etc etc. I can post a lot of links from other sources, if you like.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

The guy Trump hired to find voter fraud says that Bone Spurs and his enablers are full of shit:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/i-am-the-expert-trump-s-election-fraud-claim-debunked-by-man-he-hired-to-prove-it/ar-AA1mm1Nr?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=bd377597fedb4f6d90c0ba46fef23724&ei=25

I am the expert who was hired by the Trump campaign,” he wrote. “The findings of my company’s in-depth analysis are detailed in the depositions taken by the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol. The transcripts show that the campaign found no evidence of voter fraud sufficient to change the outcome of any election. That message was communicated directly to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.”

The small amount of voter fraud I found was bipartisan, with about as many Republicans casting duplicate votes as Democrats.”

We all knew this anyway, but it's something when the guy who was paid by the Trump campaign (which means Republican voters, BTW) says the "stolen election" routine is a lie....

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

The guy Trump hired to find voter fraud says that Bone Spurs and his enablers are full of shit:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/i-am-the-expert-trump-s-election-fraud-claim-debunked-by-man-he-hired-to-prove-it/ar-AA1mm1Nr?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=bd377597fedb4f6d90c0ba46fef23724&ei=25

We all knew this anyway, but it's something when the guy who was paid by the Trump campaign (which means Republican voters, BTW) says the "stolen election" routine is a lie....

Google, YouTube, Twitter, FB and most of the MSM are guilty of election interference. 

Trump was leading , then they turned off the show, come backing the morning and miraculously, there were just enough fraudulent mail in votes for Brandon to win. 

All of it was unprecedented, the Democrats weaponized covid, they weaponized the BLM riots and now they are weaponizing the entire judicial system. 

They are also liars on another level, to turn down 10,000 national guard and then put all those people in prison for a decade for sedition because they vote against you. That is disgusting.

The democrat party is a threat to democracy, period.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Google, YouTube, Twitter, FB and most of the MSM are guilty of election interference. 

Trump was leading , then they turned off the show, come backing the morning and miraculously, there were just enough fraudulent mail in votes for Brandon to win. 

All of it was unprecedented, the Democrats weaponized covid, they weaponized the BLM riots and now they are weaponizing the entire judicial system. 

They are also liars on another level, to turn down 10,000 national guard and then put all those people in prison for a decade for sedition because they vote against you. That is disgusting.

The time His Orangeness won Cute Hillary was winning and then things took a big change. Biden won fair and square. Oinker lost. And he’s going to lose again. Biden will win. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The time His Orangeness won Cute Hillary was winning and then things took a big change. Biden won fair and square. Oinker lost. And he’s going to lose again. Biden will win. 

I hope you are right, but as things stand today I think Trump wins.

Hmmmm.  Wonder what side of the political divide the suspect is on.  I think my money would be on MAGA.

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/intruder-colorado-supreme-court-building-fires-shots-arrested-denver/

Suspect arrested after breaking into judicial building in Denver after crash, holding security guard at gunpoint

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Josef Goebbels:  "If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth."    

Adolf Hitler:  "All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie."   

Donald Trump: "The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular."

I admit Trump's words don't go quite as far as those two Nazis, and he does not explicitly use the word 'lie',  but there is an eerie similarity to be seen in all of those statements.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Josef Goebbels:  "If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth."    

Adolf Hitler:  "All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie."   

Donald Trump: "The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular."

I admit Trump's words don't go quite as far as those two Nazis, and he does not explicitly use the word 'lie',  but there is an eerie similarity to be seen in all of those statements.

And yet we have people complaining about the denazification process in this very thread, calling it election interference.  Some serious reeducation will be needed in order to undo the brainwashing.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

Posting nonsense like this just ruins your credibility Rob and makes you look like someone not to be taken seriously.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Posting nonsense like this just ruins your credibility Rob and makes you look like someone not to be taken seriously.

Facts don't care about his feelings.  Zero for a ton in lawsuit election challenges.

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Absolute garbage. Everything you've said here has proven to be false many times over.

All you're doing is parroting lies at this point.

12 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

OK, individual is legally blind but still partially visually impaired.  What could go wrong?

They've had that law since 2011.  It's up to a sheriff to issue permits in their county.  They aren't allowed to discriminate based on handicap. 

I'm thinking this is one good reason to discriminate.  Her poor kid will be sneaking home late at night, then she'll get scared and start spraying the house with bullets.  Don't see that ending well.

• Cheers 2