US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Josef Goebbels:  "If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth."    

Adolf Hitler:  "All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie."   

Donald Trump: "The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular."

I admit Trump's words don't go quite as far as those two Nazis, and he does not explicitly use the word 'lie',  but there is an eerie similarity to be seen in all of those statements.

“So the best way to get something done, If you, if you hold near and dear to you that you uh um like to be able to, anyway.”

-Joe Biden

21 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

“So the best way to get something done, If you, if you hold near and dear to you that you uh um like to be able to, anyway.”

-Joe Biden

Good one.  That really hurt.  The common theme for the quotes I posted was disinformation though; not bewilderment.  

If we really wanted to start an internet scavenger hunt for bewildering sentences I'd bet I could find some great Trump ones.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

Good one.  That really hurt.  The common theme for the quotes I posted was disinformation though; not bewilderment.  

If we really wanted to start an internet scavenger hunt for bewildering sentences I'd bet I could find some great Trump ones.  

There are wayyyyy too many.

• Cheers 1

Jimmy Kimmel Threatens Aaron Rodgers With Lawsuit After Quarterback Suggests Host Was on Epstein’s List

https://www.mediaite.com/media/jimmy-kimmel-threatens-aaron-rodgers-with-lawsuit-after-quarterback-suggests-host-was-on-epsteins-list/

Q-Ih_kAC_normal.jpg

Dear Aasshole: for the record, I’ve not met, flown with, visited, or had any contact whatsoever with Epstein, nor will you find my name on any “list” other than the clearly-phony nonsense that soft-brained wackos like yourself can’t seem to distinguish from reality. Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court.
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Sooooo...  It's rumoured that the Obamas are on the Epstein list...

Kinda wondering if that one turns out to be true.

Gee....I wonder who would start a rumor like that.....:classic_rolleyes:

I'd bet the farm that it's not.....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Was that rumour on a right wing web site because I have not seen it.  I have only seen Clinton....Trump and Prince Andrew.

Even on Fox they said just because a name is on the list doesn't mean anything nefarious.

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

Was that rumour on a right wing web site because I have not seen it.  I have only seen Clinton....Trump and Prince Andrew.

It's been a rumour for quite a while.  Likely by right wingers.... who knows.

Even on Fox they said just because a name is on the list doesn't mean anything nefarious.

...and yet this entire board is just dying to go off on the one person who even, dropped a dime on, and testified against Epstein.

44 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's been a rumour for quite a while.  Likely by right wingers.... who knows.

...and yet this entire board is just dying to go off on the one person who even, dropped a dime on, and testified against Epstein.

The entire board isn't.  We are all waiting.

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2024 at 3:07 PM, bishopshodan said:

I remember you posting about Tom Morello getting heat for Rage Against the Machine being too political.

Too funny...what machine did people think they were raging against?

The ice cream machine at McDonalds....

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

The entire board isn't.  We are all waiting.

The non-MAGA are waiting to pounce even though Trump has already testified in court years ago that he's been there. 

I'm not a Trump fan by any means, and I'm worried about what he could do in a second term, but I'm also not blind.  Each side will have excuses for their favorite names.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Jimmy Kimmel Threatens Aaron Rodgers With Lawsuit After Quarterback Suggests Host Was on Epstein’s List

https://www.mediaite.com/media/jimmy-kimmel-threatens-aaron-rodgers-with-lawsuit-after-quarterback-suggests-host-was-on-epsteins-list/

Q-Ih_kAC_normal.jpg

Dear Aasshole: for the record, I’ve not met, flown with, visited, or had any contact whatsoever with Epstein, nor will you find my name on any “list” other than the clearly-phony nonsense that soft-brained wackos like yourself can’t seem to distinguish from reality. Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court.

What a moron. Good for Kimmel, but you know that there are wackos that will always think its true now.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The non-MAGA are waiting to pounce even though Trump has already testified in court years ago that he's been there. 

I'm not a Trump fan by any means, and I'm worried about what he could do in a second term, but I'm also not blind.  Each side will have excuses for their favorite names.

Pretty sure the lefties won't back anyone on that list.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

What a moron. Good for Kimmel, but you know that there are wackos that will always think its true now.

The problem with Rodgers is that he's smart, but not as smart as he thinks he is.  He makes the narcissistic mistake of thinking that he's the smartest guy in any room that he's in.  Those kind of people inevitably get found out.  For Rodgers, it was when he became a weekly guest on Pat McAfee's show.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Not everyone on the list went full Prince Andrew. For fucks sake Stephen Hawking is on it. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Thanks for that.  Now I have a robot voice in my head going, "more baby, faster, yeah, just like that"!  🤢

Beep boop..I swear she looked 25..meep moop

• Haha 1