Jonathan Tavares

Justin Woll

Ryan Reaves

Tyler Bertuzzi

Mark Giordano

Nazeem Kadri

Jonathan Huburdeau

…..

Jonathan Toews feels like an omission considering his history of defending sexual assault supporters.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

ESPN’s Pat McAfee Apologizes for Rodgers Saying Kimmel Is on Epstein List

https://www.thedailybeast.com/espns-pat-mcafee-apologizes-for-aaron-rodgers-jimmy-kimmel-epstein-list-claim?ref=home

From the quote of Rodgers- I note he did not say Kimmel was on the list-   ---                and I'm now blocked from the actual quote

but Rodger's words were to the effect that Kimmel doesn't want the list to come out.

I can't see that being sue-able.

Stupid, but smart-but stupid and not suit worthy imo.

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

From the quote of Rodgers- I note he did not say Kimmel was on the list-   ---                and I'm now blocked from the actual quote

but Rodger's words were to the effect that Kimmel doesn't want the list to come out.

I can't see that being sue-able.

Stupid, but smart-but stupid and not suit worthy imo.

Can't fully agree on this one Gurn.   Kimmel only mentioned suing IF Rodgers was to continue.  I think Kimmel fired an understandable shot across Rodger's bow.

In response, Kimmel threatened to sue Rodgers in a post on X, formerly Twitter, writing, “Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court.”

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I mean the flight logs have been out since the Maxwell trial naming Prince whatsiznutz, Clinton, Dershowitz, Trump, et al but the one that really pisses me off is ex-US (Democrat) Senator George Mitchell. His name shows up a few times on the flight logs and he’s one of the guys named by Virginia Giuffre who claims that she was sex-trafficked to while underage. Meanwhile Mitchell was the head of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia compensation fund for clergy sex abuse victims. That’s gross.

I’m not excusing Clinton or Trump if they were involved in some way but nether of them would register as a surprise in the least, so it’s a bit of a yawner where they’re concerned.

So far as I know Barry’s name never showed on the logs nor was it even whispered in the Maxwell trial.

Not something we can get overly worked up about. Epstein conveniently hung himself in his jail. We don't even get the movie as unfortunately half a dozen cameras weren't working. The world can be such a joke at times. 

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Can't fully agree on this one Gurn.   Kimmel only mentioned suing IF Rodgers was to continue.  I think Kimmel fired an understandable shot across Rodger's bow.

In response, Kimmel threatened to sue Rodgers in a post on X, formerly Twitter, writing, “Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court.”

The headline is misleading-

It says McaFee apologizes for Rodgers saying something he did not say.

As Rodgers did not say Kimmel was on the list, only that Kimmel doesn't want the list coming out, Kimmel can't sue for 'defamation'  as no one was defamed.

Rodgers should be smart enough not to take runs at a guy that makes his living using language/words- but is still upset that his ego got punctured over his covid 'lies'.

No way this goes to court-  tempest in a tea cup, a bunch of sound and fury signifying nothing, imo.

Click baity stuff is everywhere, and is a huge concern for our society going forward.

Edit to add

Rodgers can just say "Imo", and repeat everything he said "Kimmel doesn't want the list to come out'

He's just as protected for his words as Jimmy is for the words he uses all the time on his show.

Imo- any judge that would entertain a lawsuit for what has been said so far-even if it is repeated, is wasting time and bringing justice into disrepute.

Edited by Gurn
  • Cheers 1

After a federal judge ruled that documents containing around 150 names of people associated with disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein would be unsealed after January 1, some of them were unsealed on Wednesday night.

More than 40 documents totaling hundreds of pages were unsealed in connection with a lawsuit related to the deceased pedophile.

Some of the names on the list were not surprises; former President Bill Clinton was identified earlier by ABC News as “Doe 36,” and Britain’s Prince Andrew was accused of having sex with an underage woman allegedly trafficked by Epstein and his partner Ghislaine Maxwell.

That woman, Virginia Giuffre, was one of the parties in the settled case against Maxwell, who is currently serving a 20-year prison sentence for charges including sex trafficking and conspiracy. These documents are from that case.

The list not only includes associates of Epstein but also victims, some of whom wanted to remain anonymous and filed appeals against the motion to unseal the documents.

20 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Poor Christina. Somebody might tell her that if the entire nation should choose the president, Gore would have won in 2000 and Clinton would have won in 2016. And we all know Joe Biden whipped Trump's ass in the popular vote in 2020. My God but the idiots he has gathered to make his case are world class stupid.

Think about how stupid you would have to be to agree to represent Trump, who is famous for not paying his bills.  It's professional suicide for any competent lawyer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Those who scream the loudest. I guess Jimmy Kimmel isn’t going to be suing Aaron Rodgers anytime soon. 

IMG_0387.jpeg

This is at his palm beach house- not the island?

• Upvote 1

The files are available online for anyone with the following disclaimer so good luck (and I would add that before posting & smearing someone you might want to do your homework & fact check as this is exactly why Kimmel was pissed in the first place.)

The full collection of files as we received them can be found here; they are highly duplicative and non-chronological, and contain many of the same emails repeatedly. We’ll continue to have new stories about the revelations they contain. 

https://www.documentcloud.org/app?q=%2Bproject%3Aepstein-files-213385

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Page 1375 of a 923 page document. Sounds legit 

Even though the pages aren't numbered 1-923, I downloaded the documents to my computer a half hour ago and did a pdf search after I read your good catch and neither "jimmy" nor "kimmel" popped up.

I actually thought @Elias Pettersson found it himself and posted it, but he most likely got a doctored picture off of Twitter.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1