US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Any other person would be in jail- contempt of court.

ANY other person.

If they continue to let this guy get away with it, why should anyone else respect the judges or courts.

Stop this guy, before anarchy comes- and it may already be too late.

It's really bizarre, isn't it? Wth is wrong with the US that they let this guy do whatever he wants?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Finally!

Are they going to bring in the real killers and exonerate OJ too? :classic_ohmy:

Yes, and I am confident they will also find the single bullet that killed JFK, RFK and MLK. The rare triple.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

The court will hear arguments on the case in April.  Until then, the ban will be in effect.  Meaning that women who are dying on the table can't get the care they need.  So much for allowing States decide and thinking they are compassionate human beings and that obvious exceptions would be obvious.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2024/jan/05/us-supreme-court-idaho-abortion-ban-medical-emergency

US supreme court allows Idaho’s strict abortion ban to stand pending hearing

Biden administration had argued hospitals receiving Medicare funds are required to provide emergency care, including abortion

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Goes on Bizarre Rant Against Magnets: ‘Give Me a Glass of Water, Let Me Drop it on the Magnets, That’s the End of the Magnets’

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-goes-on-bizarre-rant-against-magnets-give-me-a-glass-of-water-let-me-drop-it-on-the-magnets-thats-the-end-of-the-magnets/

That’s Looney Tunes!

IMG_0397.gif

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Goes on Bizarre Rant Against Magnets: ‘Give Me a Glass of Water, Let Me Drop it on the Magnets, That’s the End of the Magnets’

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-goes-on-bithizarre-rant-against-magnets-give-me-a-glass-of-water-let-me-drop-it-on-the-magnets-thats-the-end-of-the-magnets/

I think most of that babble was so he could get to the brand name John Deere. Very heartland brand. 

Just dropping key words as he often does.

I worked for a minute in my 20's at a telemarketing scammy job.

It was selling lottery tickets from all over to people States. When they trained us they pushed us to drop in certain words to get the Americans excited....Eagle, Freedom, Pride, Strong etc...

They said keep it simple and repeat yourself...

Trumpy is a master of this.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I think most of that babble was so he could get to the brand name John Deere. Very heartland brand. 

It was selling lottery tickets from all over to people States. When they trained us they pushed us to drop in certain words to get the Americans excited....Eagle, Freedom, Pride, Strong etc...

how well did you do?

Just now, Bob Long said:

how well did you do?

Made it through the week of paid training.

Went for my first break on my first actual work day and didnt come back.

I sold a few hundred dollars worth to one dude in my first few calls, the client on the phone was so trusting it made me a bit sad. They were very happy with me as they said it usually takes a while to make sales. I got a bad vibe and as mentioned bounced during my smoke break ( yeah i smoked for 6 years)

It was dodgy. A month later the offices were cleaned out, everything gone.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Someone must have told him about John Deere.  I highly doubt he knows anything about them.  Then again...

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Made it through the week of paid training.

Went for my first break on my first actual work day and didnt come back.

I sold a few hundred dollars worth to one dude in my first few calls, the client on the phone was so trusting it made me a bit sad. They were very happy with me as they said it usually takes a while to make sales. I got a bad vibe and as mentioned bounced during my smoke break ( yeah i smoked for 6 years)

It was dodgy. A month later the offices were cleaned out, everything gone.

good for you. Yeah its creepy when you get to peek behind the curtain of a sleazy business. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

good for you. Yeah its creepy when you get to peek behind the curtain of a sleazy business. 

Man, thinking back on it.

It was hella shifty.

They gave us photo ID and had swipe check points, very secure. Like we were working for the FBI. All for a telemarketing job?... I was young.

It was near the Bay building DT, I think maybe on Seymour, one of those streets that have office space down steps at street level and lower.

All that security must have been so they could know if they were getting insepcted.

They gave us cubicals, a basic script, phone, and a mirror . The mirror because you were supposed to stare at yourself and make sure you are smiling...the client on the phone could tell in your voice!.

They also didn't moan about how I left. Just cut a final cheque. Again, I dont think they wanted any 'attention' brought to them.

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Man, thinking back on it.

It was hella shifty.

They gave us photo ID and had swipe check points, very secure. Like we were working for the FBI. All for a telemarketing job?... I was young.

It was near the Bay building DT, I think maybe on Seymour, one of those streets that have office space down steps at street level and lower.

All that security must have been so they could know if they were getting insepcted.

They gave us cubicals, a basic script, phone, and a mirror . The mirror because you were supposed to stare at yourself and make sure you are smiling...the client on the phone could tell in your voice!.

They also didn't moan about how I left. Just cut a final cheque. Again, I dont think they wanted any 'attention' brought to them.

I wonder if your one client won? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-goes-on-bizarre-rant-against-magnets-give-me-a-glass-of-water-let-me-drop-it-on-the-magnets-thats-the-end-of-the-magnets/

Of all the dumb ass shit that's come out of his mouth, this ranks top 5 easy.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1