US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Ugh.  Yes, if Trump is indicted it would stand to reason that Biden could be indicted as well.  Meaning they would both not have immunity, meaning no hypocrisy 

Learn to include critical thinking before you post.  See, this is why people hate Trump, they read mainstream media headlines and then "oMgz thIS guY SO dUmb"

You do realize that TRUMP is currently arguing in court that he had immunity as POTUS right?

EDIT:   Here is an article on that just so we are clear that I'm not pulling this from my posterior.f

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-immunity-2020-election-case-appeals-court/

Trump says he'll attend appeals court arguments over immunity in 2020 election case

Edited by the destroyer of worlds

6 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

You do realize that TRUMP is currently arguing in court that he had immunity as POTUS right?

Yes, I understand that

I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually. Maybe

Edited by Wiggums

17 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Ugh.  Yes, if Trump is indicted it would stand to reason that Biden could be indicted as well.  Meaning they would both not have immunity, meaning no hypocrisy 

Learn to include critical thinking before you post.  See, this is why people hate Trump, they read mainstream media headlines and then "oMgz thIS guY SO dUmb"

That's why people hate Trump?

Hmm....that's not why I hate him but ok

Seems to me that yourself is arguing for or against the individual posting that what Trump claims he is or is not immune from applies directly to Biden or any other former president is factual.

But that's just me

19 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

The difference of course is one guy has been indicted in 4 different jurisdictions on 91 (or is it 92?) charges and the other guy well I can't think of anything.

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Epstein accuser claims pedophile had sex tapes of Trump, Clinton, Prince Andrew and Richard Branson: new docs

https://nypost.com/2024/01/08/news/new-batch-of-jeffrey-epstein-court-documents-are-released/

She claimed it then retracted it.  Damn.

Had hoped there was literal evidence of these people commiting these crimes against kids but instead she admitted she lied which puts almost any other accusor under scrutiny 

The issue here is that bad people will in fact now get away with it and victims will now be less believable in their testimonies 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The difference of course is one guy has been indicted in 4 different jurisdictions on 91 (or is it 92?) charges and the other guy well I can't think of anything.

Not to mention, what would be the point of indicting someone if you think they have immunity?  🤣

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

What would be the point of indicting someone if you think they have immunity?  🤣

Literally all you have to do is actually click on the link you posted and read it.. he says if he's not immune then Biden isn't either

Edited by Wiggums

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That's why people hate Trump?

Hmm....that's not why I hate him but ok

Seems to me that yourself is arguing for or against the individual posting that what Trump claims he is or is not immune from applies directly to Biden or any other former president is factual.

But that's just me

I hated him back when he was doing that dumb 'you're fired' tv show. Treating people like shit. 

Then when I heard how he talks about women, that was more than enough as I respect people, women included. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

And here I thought the reason I hated Trump was the garbage that comes out of his mouth and the lasting damage he caused while attempting to Nazify the USA.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

She claimed it then retracted it.  Damn.

Had hoped there was literal evidence of these people commiting these crimes against kids but instead she admitted she lied which puts almost any other accusor under scrutiny 

The issue here is that bad people will in fact now get away with it and victims will now be less believable in their testimonies 

She said she retracted it for her safety.

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

I can understand how you can question what someone thinksI can see no reason why you would, or should, question how someone thinks or even why they think as they do.  

BTW - where should we go to get the real news?

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

donald trump GIF by franceinfo

Damn, how many bullshit media headlines can we fit on one page?

The NY Post is right leaning.   And these are actually in documents.  Sorry for facts.

She also said "“I shouldn't have contacted you and I'm sorry I wasted your time. It's not worth coming forward and I will never be heard anyhow and only bad things will happen as a consequence of me going public and I know this to be true,” it adds."

Edited by The Arrogant Worms

36 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

donald trump GIF by franceinfo

Damn, how many bullshit media headlines can we fit on one page?

Dunno.  I know I have very little faith in the NY Post.

Do you like the headline below better?  Would you have questioned it had it been posted?

Epstein accuser claims pedophile had sex tapes of Clinton, Prince Andrew and Richard Branson: new docs