US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

And how do you know that?  Cause your orange god said so?

Duh.  Cause she literally says she did, in the link in question that YOU posted.  You're arguing against yourself right now and losing

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Care to provide us with a Wiggums approved source that isn't a YouTube video.  We would LOVE for you to post some.

Once again, I'm using someone's own link that they posted as my source lol.  Literally all I did was open it and read the first few paragraphs.

11 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Once again, I'm using someone's own link that they posted as my source lol.  Literally all I did was open it and read the first few paragraphs.

And this could have been avoided if you took the extra couple seconds and indicated that in the first place.  Like come on.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

And this could have been avoided if you took the extra couple seconds and indicated that in the first place.  Like come on.  

Yes okay, the next time someone posts a link I will read it for them and tell them what it says so this can all be avoided 🤔

Edited by Wiggums

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Hahaha wow okay, so if someone posts a link, it's my job to read it and tell them what it says?  Alright, next time

No, it makes your case stronger.  I means that your claims aren't being pulled from your posterior.  

Yes, it is up to the OP to understand what is in the thing they post.  They made the claim.  Refuting their claim with their own source is strong.  

If you had just indicated that in the first place, this whole back and forth would have been avoided.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Duh.  Cause she literally says she did, in the link in question that YOU posted.  You're arguing against yourself right now and losing

No she did not.  Try again.

She also said "“I shouldn't have contacted you and I'm sorry I wasted your time. It's not worth coming forward and I will never be heard anyhow and only bad things will happen as a consequence of me going public and I know this to be true,” it adds."

Edited by The Arrogant Worms

10 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

No she did not.  Try again.

What is up with you?  It's the 7th paragraph if you would actually read it

In 2019, Ransome admitted in a New Yorker article that she “invented the tapes to draw attention to Epstein’s behaviour.”

Edited by Wiggums

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

What is up with you?  Are you legit trolling

right now?  It's the 7th paragraph.

In 2019, Ransome admitted in a New Yorker article that she “invented the tapes to draw attention to Epstein’s behaviour.”

https://themessenger.com/news/donald-trump-bill-clinton-sex-tape-jeffrey-epstein-sarah-ransome-list-document-dump

Ransome later gave a victim impact statement in federal court at Epstein co-conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell's sentencing, in which she she described being trafficked by the pair.

In one undated email released Monday, Ransome said a friend described Trump’s sexual proclivities and alleged the woman regularly had sex with the former president at Epstein’s Upper East Side townhouse, according to court documents.

“She confided in me about her casual 'friendship' with Donald. Mr. Trump definitely seemed to have a thing for her and she told me how he kept going on about how he liked her 'pert nipples’,” the email read. 

“I also know she had sexual relations with Trump at Jeffrey's NY mansion on regular occasions as I once met Jen for coffee, just before she was going to meet Trump and Epstein together at his mansion,” it added. 

Ransome later recanted the allegation in an email to journalist Maureen Callahan, according to the records. 

“I have spoken to my family at some length this morning and I would like to retract everything I have said to you and walk away from this,” the October 2016 email states. 

“I shouldn't have contacted you and I'm sorry I wasted your time. It's not worth coming forward and I will never be heard anyhow and only bad things will happen as a consequence of me going public and I know this to be true,” it adds. 

She was afraid she would hang herself like he did I guess😉

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

https://themessenger.com/news/donald-trump-bill-clinton-sex-tape-jeffrey-epstein-sarah-ransome-list-document-dump

Ransome later gave a victim impact statement in federal court at Epstein co-conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell's sentencing, in which she she described being trafficked by the pair.

In one undated email released Monday, Ransome said a friend described Trump’s sexual proclivities and alleged the woman regularly had sex with the former president at Epstein’s Upper East Side townhouse, according to court documents.

“She confided in me about her casual 'friendship' with Donald. Mr. Trump definitely seemed to have a thing for her and she told me how he kept going on about how he liked her 'pert nipples’,” the email read. 

“I also know she had sexual relations with Trump at Jeffrey's NY mansion on regular occasions as I once met Jen for coffee, just before she was going to meet Trump and Epstein together at his mansion,” it added. 

Ransome later recanted the allegation in an email to journalist Maureen Callahan, according to the records. 

“I have spoken to my family at some length this morning and I would like to retract everything I have said to you and walk away from this,” the October 2016 email states. 

“I shouldn't have contacted you and I'm sorry I wasted your time. It's not worth coming forward and I will never be heard anyhow and only bad things will happen as a consequence of me going public and I know this to be true,” it adds. 

You literally don't know how to find things properly on the internet.  This is tough to watch 

Good luck 

Edited by Wiggums
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

You literally don't know how to find things properly on the internet.  This is tough to watch 

Coming from someone who thinks random YouTube videos are a valid source, this is hilarious.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Ugh.  Yes, if Trump is indicted it would stand to reason that Biden could be indicted as well.  Meaning they would both not have immunity, meaning no hypocrisy 

Learn to include critical thinking before you post.  See, this is why people hate Trump, they read mainstream media headlines and then "oMgz thIS guY SO dUmb"

He could be, but he'd have to have committed a crime. Despite the best efforts of Republicans, they have no evidence of such. Meanwhile, there is a mountain of evidence against Trump.

What's interesting is that Trump is claiming "immunity", yet is also claiming that he's done "nothing wrong". Why would you need immunity, if you've done nothing wrong? There's "critical thinking" for you....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Missed this section my dude.  While I do not disagree that bad things happened and many elite people were involved.

Her own admission is that she created and fabricated this to bring attention to Epstein and to ensure she had a bargaining chip for her safety.

The issue is that this will now call in to question other survivors of child assaults or SA traumas for their accusations

This again is not to say she did not see bad things, witnessed what she claimed.  But instead highlights her own statement that no tapes existed 

In 2019, Ransome told the New Yorker that the tapes were made-up. The fabrication was intended to raise intrigue into Epstein's affairs and to convince the financier himself that she had “evidence that would come out if he harmed me," she said.

• Cheers 1

Trump Says He Hopes the Economy Crashes

Donald Trump continues to remind us that he only cares about Trump. In an interview aired Monday, the former president expressed his hope that the economy crashes in the next year so he wouldn’t have to be “Herbert Hoover.”

When speaking to MAGA loyalist Lou Dobbs in an interview aired Monday, Trump proceeded to take credit for the U.S. economy’s growth under President Joe Biden‘s administration.

“We have an economy that’s so fragile, and the only reason it’s running now is it’s running off the fumes of what we did,” Trump claimed. “It’s just running off the fumes.”

“And when there’s a crash, I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover,” he continued, when pondering the idea of re-election. “The one president I just don’t want to be, Herbert Hoover.”

Hoover, who assumed the presidency in 1929 as the stock market reached unprecedented levels, saw that bubble burst during his first year in office, leading to the Great Depression.

Trump, who has previously claimed that the “Biden administration is running on the fumes of the great success of the Trump Administration,” accomplished the feat of becoming the first president since Hoover to leave the country with fewer jobs by the end of his one-term presidency.

• Vintage 2

35 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trump Says He Hopes the Economy Crashes

Donald Trump continues to remind us that he only cares about Trump. In an interview aired Monday, the former president expressed his hope that the economy crashes in the next year so he wouldn’t have to be “Herbert Hoover.”

When speaking to MAGA loyalist Lou Dobbs in an interview aired Monday, Trump proceeded to take credit for the U.S. economy’s growth under President Joe Biden‘s administration.

“We have an economy that’s so fragile, and the only reason it’s running now is it’s running off the fumes of what we did,” Trump claimed. “It’s just running off the fumes.”

“And when there’s a crash, I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover,” he continued, when pondering the idea of re-election. “The one president I just don’t want to be, Herbert Hoover.”

Hoover, who assumed the presidency in 1929 as the stock market reached unprecedented levels, saw that bubble burst during his first year in office, leading to the Great Depression.

Trump, who has previously claimed that the “Biden administration is running on the fumes of the great success of the Trump Administration,” accomplished the feat of becoming the first president since Hoover to leave the country with fewer jobs by the end of his one-term presidency.

We just have to hope Biden gets reelected to avoid being the next Von Hindenburg.

• Cheers 1

Somehow this guy has avoided jail.  Somehow 

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/exclusive-roger-stone-spoke-with-cop-pal-about-assassinating-eric-swalwell-and-jerry-nadler/

Exclusive: Roger Stone Spoke With Cop Pal About Assassinating Eric Swalwell and Jerry Nadler

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Somehow this guy has avoided jail.  Somehow 

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/exclusive-roger-stone-spoke-with-cop-pal-about-assassinating-eric-swalwell-and-jerry-nadler/

Exclusive: Roger Stone Spoke With Cop Pal About Assassinating Eric Swalwell and Jerry Nadler

This f*cker needs to be arrested, charged and locked up. Unfeckingbelievable.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Rants Into The Dead of Night About Criminal Immunity Appeal — Claims Biden in Danger If He Loses

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-rants-into-the-dead-of-night-about-criminal-immunity-appeal-claims-biden-in-danger-if-he-loses/

12 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Demands Election Crimes Case Be Dropped In New Filing — Because Nobody Told Him Overturning Election Was Crime

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-demands-election-crimes-case-be-dropped-in-new-filing-because-nobody-told-him-overturning-election-was-crime/

I used to be able to use the 😂 on these spewings of DJT but I just can't anymore. We're so far past laughing at his insanity and his childish behaviors. Look where it's got him. And look at the state of the US, politics, the spilling over of MAGA insanity into Canada. ALL things some of us predicted would happen if he wasn't checked, held accountable for his words and his actions...but instead, we 😂 because who would ever have believed that the US, and by extension, the world, really, would end up here, where we are today with a criminal, a sleazeball with 4 indictments, 91 charges, multiple financial judgements against him, a rapist, a fraudster...would be in the running for President of the United States????? You couldn't write this shit and make it believable yet here we are... and almost 8 years down the road, look at all the damage that's been done....because far too many people 😂ed and didn't take it seriously.

Seriously, would we ever have believed, 7 1/2 years ago that Roger Stone would REALLY and in all SERIOUSNESS, be talking about killing 2 sitting members of the House?????

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:46 PM, bishopshodan said:

Made it through the week of paid training.

Went for my first break on my first actual work day and didnt come back.

I sold a few hundred dollars worth to one dude in my first few calls, the client on the phone was so trusting it made me a bit sad. They were very happy with me as they said it usually takes a while to make sales. I got a bad vibe and as mentioned bounced during my smoke break ( yeah i smoked for 6 years)

It was dodgy. A month later the offices were cleaned out, everything gone.

Why does this sound like an episode of Breaking Bad?

• Haha 1