US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

This should be interesting .... Trump plans to deliver the closing lies, er arguments, at his Fraud Trial.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-plans-to-deliver-a-closing-argument-at-his-civil-fraud-trial-ap-sources-say/ar-AA1mIJp5?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3c29448270444285a8e9efd6a683e21b&ei=23

Former President Donald Trump aims to deliver his own closing argument Thursday in his New York civil business fraud trial in addition to his legal team’s summations, according to two people familiar with the highly unusual plan.

An attorney for Trump informed Judge Arthur Engoron earlier this week that the former president wished to speak during the closing arguments, and the judge approved the plan, according to one of the two people who spoke to The Associated Press.

In a way, it makes sense....might as well wrap up a fraud trial with the world's biggest fraud....

• Haha 3

Hey guys, @Elias Pettersson would like to post in this thread, but apparently most of the stuff we've been posting is from the Babylon Bee, so it's a waste of his time....

I personally haven't seen a single article from the Babylon Bee ITT, but I must be wrong, because we all know Petey would never just make shit up....

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Hey guys, @Elias Pettersson would like to post in this thread, but apparently most of the stuff we've been posting is from the Babylon Bee, so it's a waste of his time....

I personally haven't seen a single article from the Babylon Bee ITT, but I must be wrong, because we all know Petey would never just make shit up....

Aww Rupert, I just always get the warm and fuzzies from you. 

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I guess I’m just ignorant because I had no idea what The Babylon Bee is so I had to check it out. Maybe Petey’s trying to screw with our algorithms? Wait a minute… @Elias Pettersson , you devious bugger! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I guess I’m just ignorant because I had no idea what The Babylon Bee is so I had to check it out. Maybe Petey’s trying to screw with our algorithms? Wait a minute… @Elias Pettersson , you devious bugger! :classic_laugh:

😊  I think Rupert was offended that I may have compared him to the Babylon Bee.  I told him I respect my elders so I would never offend him personally.

Also, I do have to apologize to anyone who supports the Babylon Bee who may have been offended by me comparing them to CNN and Fox News.  Everyone knows that the Babylon Bee has much more street credibility than either one of those news organizations...  🤨

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

😊  I think Rupert was offended that I may have compared him to the Babylon Bee.  I told him I respect my elders so I would never offend him personally.

Also, I do have to apologize to anyone who supports the Babylon Bee who may have been offended by me comparing them to CNN and Fox News.  Everyone knows that the Babylon Bee has much more street credibility than either one of those news organizations...  🤨

I enjoy the Onion and satire  & also complain that the far right lacks a sense of humour so I won’t complain (much) about the BB if it does get posted. I guess I’ll have to pay closer attention to keep from getting taken in.  

I will say I agree with 1/2 of your last statement!

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Au contraire, mon ami..... it would take much more than the mention of some fringe or satirical news outlet to offend me....

That being said, I take slight offense that you deem anyone here stupid enough to agree with your placing Faux News and CNN on equal footing. I believe you and I had a debate about that very thing recently.....I mentioned the over 700 million reasons that it was inaccurate and you responded by displaying a remarkable lack of reading and comprehension skills....

• Cheers 1

Hunter Biden showed up at Republican Oversight hearing today and Repugs lose their shit because he showed up. 
Repugs want private hearings first, so they can leak selected testimony to press. HB legal team wants public hearings. Go figure. 

• Cheers 1

Iowa primary for Republicans is coming up in six days and it’s colder than a witch’s tit there right now. -35f with wind chill. Farmers aren’t going to leave their cows for a few hours so that they can go and cast their vote.

Too bad they don’t have mail in voting there……….oh wait. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1