US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

15 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Likely no impact in the greater scheme of things but still not unexpected coming from Urine man hiring "only the best people".

The other issue is that the Nevada State QOP is holding a caucus two days later.  The State switched from caucusing after the debacle of the Democrat 2020 caucus, but the QOP rejected it because they don't wanna be "forced" by the Demoncrats into changing.  Thing is, the primary is a closed one.  Only registered QOP can vote in the primary or participate in the caucus.  

I really don't see why they just didn't go with the state run primary as opposed to the caucus where the party has to run (and pay) for it.  

Thing is, Nikki and others (some who have already dropped out) appear on the primary ballot.  I see this becoming a Cluster%$& going forward.  Especially if Nikki wins the primary handily, but TRUMP wins the caucus. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nevada-2024-republican-primary-ballot-trump/

Trump won't be on Nevada's 2024 GOP primary ballot. Neither will DeSantis, Ramaswamy or Christie. Here's why.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

And when it was her time, he got up and left.  

Madge should take a look in the mirror before she calls anyone a coward. Who but a coward would harrass a survivor of a school shotting?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

My guess is that Engoron said "no lies", which means Trump would have exactly nothing to say....

Pretty much, there was a laundry list of what he would not be allowed to say. Basically anything that was re litigating the findings of the trial. 

So Dotard had to rant on the internet. Save yourself the brain cells it's just the usual bird brain whining.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Apparently, Chris Christie has told aides that he plans to make a "major announcement" tonight in NH....

Packing it in and endorsing Nikki? That would be my guess.....

Not going to make that much of a difference in Iowa but in New Hampshire, Haley has narrowed Trump's lead to single digits in some polls. Christie is polling at 12% in New Hampshire. I would imagine if Christie endorses Haley that 11 of that 12% would immediately go in Haley's column and now you've got a legitimate race.

[insert popcorn gif]

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Madge should take a look in the mirror before she calls anyone a coward. Who but a coward would harrass a survivor of a school shotting?

I don't know if I would call it cowardly. Abhorrent, disgusting, disgraceful, Mega-Karen, and an indication of low intelligence would be the words I use. 😉 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Apparently, Chris Christie has told aides that he plans to make a "major announcement" tonight in NH....

Packing it in and endorsing Nikki? That would be my guess.....

RupertKBD for the win!

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/10/politics/chris-christie-ends-presidential-campaign-2024/index.html

Endorsement of Nikki likely to follow shortly.

Edit: no endorsement of Haley:

“Let’s say I dropped out of the race right now and I supported Nikki Haley. And then three months from now, four months from now, when you’re ready to go to the convention, she comes out as his vice president. What will I look like? What will all the people who supported her at my behest look like?” he said.

Edited by Satchmo
bad link
  • Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

My guess is that Engoron said "no lies", which means Trump would have exactly nothing to say....

Yes.  Usually the only way a defendant can give opening or closing arguments is when they do not have council.  However, Engoron has discretion and called their bluff.  He had a long list of thing that TRUMP could not do or say.  He even warned TRUMPS legal team that he would cut TRUMP off mid-sentence and warn him.  He even warned that he would fine TRUMP at least $50,000 and have him removed from the courtroom.  If TRUMP took too much time, the lawyers wouldn't be able to speak.  

He gave them days to react an eventually had to call it.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-fraud-trial-closing-arguments-420997f889922423dbce8a0945f0c348

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

BTW, has everyone by now heard the story of Trump telling an EU official that the US would "never come to help" if Europe were under attack? He also apparently said that the US would leave NATO and told Germany that they owed the US $400 billion.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/we-will-never-help-europe-under-attack-eu-official-cites-trump-as-saying/ar-AA1mLw9R?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=85a5a31980b14dc29a451e0767ae6e4b&ei=30

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW, has everyone by now heard the story of Trump telling an EU official that the US would "never come to help" if Europe were under attack? He also apparently said that the US would leave NATO and told Germany that they owed the US $400 billion.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/we-will-never-help-europe-under-attack-eu-official-cites-trump-as-saying/ar-AA1mLw9R?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=85a5a31980b14dc29a451e0767ae6e4b&ei=30

putin.thumb.webp.c356caa0a94d535ba60c3554ab3b63c3.webp

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Interesting choice of words. “You owe me $400 million, you didn’t pay, you Germans”

It almost sounds like the Dotard thinks that the money is his. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

I think the only sure way to beat him in the Republican Primary would be to resurrect JFK JR.

Wouldn’t JFK, if resurrected, run as a Democrat? Not too sure why his nephew would run as a Pug with Trump? 

• Cheers 1