US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Bloody hilarious. So many snowflakes were literally crying when Trump won, claiming he was going to start world war 3.  

I mean, if I was a leader looking to win back land by military force I would wait for the U.S to elect a feeble leader who can barely finish a sentence too.  

Trump is actually siding with the dictators and assisting them though.  Not sure how that's difficult to understand.  Not to mention the War on Democracy that the Bunker Bitch is conducting against the American people.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I've heard a few people say this now.  It's either brainwashed bias or people really don't follow any of Joe's gaffes, speeches, etc close enough.  The guy is a wreck.  Trump says dumb too shit but Biden is on another level 

Please tell us more about brainwashing and bias.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Trump is actually siding with the dictators and assisting them though.  Not sure how that's difficult to understand.  Not to mention the War on Democracy that the Bunker Bitch is conducting against the American people.

First question.. How is he assisting them?

Second question... Isn't whatever Trump was doing still better than, you know, thousands upon thousands of deaths and economic strain? 

• Like 1

Oh, that's why this came up.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/georgia-judge-sets-hearing-misconduct-allegations-fani-willis-106491092

Fani Willis accuses estranged wife of special prosecutor of 'interfering' with Trump election case

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is accusing the estranged wife of a special prosecutor she hired of trying to obstruct her criminal election-interference case against former President Donald Trump and others by seeking to question her as pa...

11 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I've heard a few people say this now.  It's either brainwashed bias or people really don't follow any of Joe's gaffes, speeches, etc close enough.  The guy is a wreck.  Trump says dumb too shit but Biden is on another level 

You seemed confused by my earlier post so I will expand my thoughts a bit.  You say anyone backing Biden must be either brainwashed or biased.  It's too easy to flip that and say anyone still backing Trump has to have been brainwashed by the litany of lies he and his cronies come up with.   Biased as well but just about everybody is. 

22 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It's not similar.  In Canada we may withhold policy ideas so the other party doesn't "borrow" them, but I don't hear of one party actively blocking the government from actually action on a "crisis". 

The pork in the bills is keeping it from being negotiated. They love to do it to each other. 

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You seemed confused by my earlier post so I will expand my thoughts a bit.  You say anyone backing Biden must be either brainwashed or biased.  It's too easy to flip that and say anyone still backing Trump has to have been brainwashed by the litany of lies he and his cronies come up with.   Biased as well but just about everybody is. 

How about Americans are a disaster when the two best candidates are Trump and Biden. I mean, you could literally drop a couple of darts from space and hit better candidates. 

22 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Second question... Isn't whatever Trump was doing still better than, you know, thousands upon thousands of deaths and economic strain? 

Praise is assistance in and of itself.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/18/trump-praise-authoritarians-00132350

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-praises-dictators-rails-immigrants-sparking-backlash/story?id=105725220

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/politics/donald-trump-dictators-kim-jong-un-vladimir-putin/index.html

If I thought your comment on thousands upon thousands of deaths and economic strain had any merit I would respond to it as well.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

How about Americans are a disaster when the two best candidates are Trump and Biden. I mean, you could literally drop a couple of darts from space and hit better candidates. 

That is something I can agree with but if the only choice available is one or the other....

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

25 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm following for it again Satchmo.   

1. I didn't say anyone backing Biden is brainwashed.  Not to mention we were talking strictly incoherence and word fumbling, not general support.

2. Pretty sure Trump saying a few nice things about certain people years ago isn't the same as "siding with" and "assisting".   We're talking about war.  Trump's nice words from years ago are helping fuel the Russian war machine?  

3. Yes, thousands of people have died during wars the last few years and yes it has also caused economic strain.  Not sure why I had to tackle that comment but here we are

Once again you butted in, asked for clarification on something then blurted out a bunch of irrelevant conjecture. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

Tiny soundbites aside, Joe is far more articulate than Trump and its not even close. Joe also surrounds himself with competent people. Trump surrounds himself with sycophants and his shitty kids. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

First:  Attempting to turn the USA into a fascist dictatorship, not holding them accountable for their actions, and treating them with far more respect than they deserve.   You think Putin doesn't like this worthless piece of shit trying to destabilize NATO from the inside?

Second: No, it is worth the sacrifice to prevent what Trump wants to do.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Tiny soundbites aside, Joe is far more articulate than Trump and its not even close. Joe also surrounds himself with competent people. Trump surrounds himself with sycophants and his shitty kids. 

I fully agree with you Joey but watch out - some might say you are butting in to a private conversation. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Given a choice between one old guy who loses his train of thought and another old guy that has his thoughts run over by a train it’s a pretty easy choice.

“All I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that’s the end of the magnets.”

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

First:  Attempting to turn the USA into a fascist dictatorship, not holding them accountable for their actions, and treating them with far more respect than they deserve.   You think Putin doesn't like this worthless piece of shit trying to destabilize NATO from the inside?

Second: No, it is worth the sacrifice to prevent what Trump wants to do.

Did you just say the ongoing wars and deaths are worth it as long as Trump isn't in office?  

That's messed up

Just now, Wiggums said:

Did you just say the ongoing wars and deaths are worth it as long as Trump isn't in office?  

That's messed up

What Trump wants to do to the world is even worse.  He needs to be kept out of office at all costs unless you're ok with with the complete nazification of the USA, which will cause far more destruction in the long run.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Given a choice between one old guy who loses his train of thought and another old guy that has his thoughts run over by a train it’s a pretty easy choice.

“All I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that’s the end of the magnets.”

Maybe he meant magnates? Some of them do have trouble with water. 

200w-2.gif

rs_640x360-171115173920-1711115_spev_trump_water_4.gif

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Bloody hilarious. So many snowflakes were literally crying when Trump won, claiming he was going to start world war 3.  

I mean, if I was a leader looking to win back land by military force I would wait for the U.S to elect a feeble leader who can barely finish a sentence too. 

I don't recall anyone saying that, snowflake or otherwise. I do remember Trump fans claiming that Hillary would start WWIII in the run-up to the 2016 elections.....

What I do recall is several of us "snowflakes" predicting that a Trump presidency would be a disaster, both domestically and internationally, and when I look at what happened since 2016, I think those predictions have borne out....

- Jan 6th insurrection

- 2/3 of Republicans believing the Big Lie

- Cancelling the Iran nuclear agreement, despite the fact that they were in compliance. (Here's where Trump's actions directly led to international conflict, but his dipshit followers give him a pass, because he wasn't technically "starting a war")

- Declaring Canada a threat to national security, so he could impose bullshit tariffs on our steel and aluminum

- Climate Change denial. I believe Trump's phrasing was "drill, drill, drill on day one..... While the rest of the work (including China) is moving forward on CC, Trump wants to move the US backwards

- Four criminal Indictments....91 charges. The US faces the very real scenario of a POTUS being a convicted felon and pardoning himself

"Bloody hilarious" indeed....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I don't recall anyone saying that, snowflake or otherwise. I do remember Trump fans claiming that Hillary would start WWIII in the run-up to the 2016 elections.....

What I do recall is several of us "snowflakes" predicting that a Trump presidency would be a disaster, both domestically and internationally, and when I look at what happened since 2016, I think those predictions have borne out....

- Jan 6th insurrection

- 2/3 of Republicans believing the Big Lie

- Cancelling the Iran nuclear agreement, despite the fact that they were in compliance. (Here's where Trump's actions directly led to international conflict, but his dipshit followers give him a pass, because he wasn't technically "starting a war")

- Declaring Canada a threat to national security, so he could impose bullshit tariffs on our steel and aluminum

- Climate Change denial. I believe Trump's phrasing was "drill, drill, drill on day one..... While the rest of the work (including China) is moving forward on CC, Trump wants to move the US backwards

- Four criminal Indictments....91 charges. The US faces the very real scenario of a POTUS being a convicted felon and pardoning himself

"Bloody hilarious" indeed....:classic_rolleyes:

Right now oil production is at records highs in the US. Wtf is Trump going to drill? 

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Another classic is "We can't watch TV tonight, darling....the wind isn't blowing"....

Trump would have to study to be an idiot.

• Haha 1